2nd Trimester
Options

Why do you love having boys?

Just found out we're having a boy. We're surprised and excited and nervous at the same time. I'd love to hear some fun stories from STMs about their experiences with having boys!

Re: Why do you love having boys?

• Options
    I wanted a girl really badly, so when I found out I was having a boy, it totally threw me. I felt completely unprepared. But I LOVE having a son! Playtime is so different - much more physical - and I'm learning all kinds of things about dinosaurs. :P Also, being mom to a boy is great. He adores me, and I love being the princess of the house. :) It's gonna be weird to give that up in a few months when DD is born!
  • Options
    I have a son and a daughter. I can tell you both are so very different but I love them the same. DS loves his trucks, tractors, dinosaurs, etc. He has such a wild imagination and he is so much fun!

I joke that I hope this one is a boy for the following reasons (although I really don't care). 

1) Boys are cheaper clothing wise. I buy him jeans and t-shirts and he is set! My DD on the other hand gets expensive. Of course this is my fault but I can't help myself when buying the cute skirt/leggings/shirt/shoe/headband combo!

2) Boys are less dramatic (at least in our house). DD makes a big deal about everything and makes sure you always know how she feels. DS is much more mellow.

3) Boys always love their mama's! I am preparing myself for the day when I am "ruining" DD's life. :)

Congrats!

The Fight  Against Boredomimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are about to have our 3rd boy!  I always really wanted a girl but I have to say that these 2 boys we already have are a blast!  So full of energy, love their mamas and way easier on the hair front.  They really are cuddlers (both of mine are), and the imaginations on them is incredible!  And I said it before, but truly, the energy they have, no idea how they have so much!  And don't let people fool you, boys can talk...a lot!!  And like someone else said, easy to dress too.  My favorite thing to put them in was always rompers (is that what they are called?), but the one pieces that aren't pj's.  They just look so cute in them, I think, and they are easy and practical till potty training starts.  =)  Congrats!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    BFP 5/12/13 mmc 6/14/13

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I have a boy on the way and a 3 yr old daughter... who is a tomboy by nature (I think it's because she is a daddy's girl). I've seen friend's that have boys who are way more high maintenance than my daughter. Luck of the draw I guess!
  • Options
    DS is a blast and he's a mama's boy.  He's been very attached to me since he was little.  It's fun because it's so mixed up, one second we're wrestling and then the next he stops and gives me a hug and tells me how much he loves me.  His imagination is great and he loves to build so we spend a lot of time playing with legos.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    You guys, thank you so much for taking the time to answer. I hope my son will be as cuddly and energetic and imaginative and playful as these boys you are describing, because they sound wonderful! 
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Boys are amazing. I have to echo what PP's said. They LOVE their mamas! There is just something special about a mommy/son relationship.
  • Options
    I have both.  DS is definitely a momma's boy :-) 

1st pregnancy: m/c began 1/12/09 d&c 1/13/09 8wks. Baby stopped growing at about 6wks.

Delaney: Born 10/15/09

Gavin: Born 4/8/11

Baby #3: due July 10, 2014

• Options
    There are so many wonderful things about both but what I love about mine is that they are great builders (and often great destroyers) not afraid to get messy/dirty, and mine, although are hard headed, aren't really "bossy". They love being outside even if it's just playing with our dog, sporting events, and they love all things dad. 

And it's pretty special when your 5 year old little boy says he doesn't need a girlfriend, just his mom. Congrats! 
    "Always remember there was nothing worth sharing like the love that let us share our name"

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Just read through this and have to say...this makes me even MORE excited to have myself a little momma's boy!!! :)
  • Options
    In my experience having both, boys are a bit hardier and don't whine as much.  I also love to watch DS when he is wearing his superhero pajamas.  He runs around the house saying " I'm supperman, Grrrrrrr."  No, that isn't a typo, he really says supperman.  
  • Options
    I adore watching my boys bond with DH over car/football/guy stuff already. They have their own secret handshakes, love to tease me, constantly make up new stunts to try together, and it goes on. But don't worry, the second they want comfort they come running to my lap. I'm terrified a little if this one ends up being a girl!
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    When I think about having a little girl, I think about the shopping we can do together as she gets older. That idea went out the window when I found out I was having a boy. However, my son, who is now 6, loves to buy a new outfit or shoes. Anytime he has money saved up, that's what he wants. I don't complain. I love watching him pick out his own things. I am trying to teach him to keep saving it but you know how that goes. I also love watching him play sports but I know girls can do that too.

And like many others have said, the mother/ son relationship is super special.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I have an almost two year old son ad another on the way. Boys love love love their mamas. There isn't drama like I see with girls but on the other hand they go go go go!!!

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Options
    Because he is my sweet baby and I get to be his mama. I've come to realize that the child's sex doesn't really matter when it's your child. Today when I dropped him off at daycare and told him goodbye, he waved, said "bye!", and blew me a kiss. He's the best.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have a 7 year old boy and one on the way, boys are so lovely, true they love their mummy's :) play time is so fun with such imagination, he's such a caring and loving young boy and it's lovely to see father and son playing which probably wouldn't be the same with a girl, fun times ahead :)
  • Options
    After having a girl first I'm so excited that I'm suppose to be having a boy this time around. I love little boys. They're a lot for to be around. I know my DH really really wanted a boy so I'm excited to see his relationship with his son develop.
  • Options
    I have a girl and boy with a girl on the way. I will say I was nervous about having a boy because I felt like I wouldn't be a good mom to a boy seeing as I only knew princesses, dress up and dance. When he was born I was so nervous about doing something wrong like wiping when changing his pamper just small stuff. I love having both and could list amazing things about both.

What I love about my son is every day is an adventure with my son. Yesterday I found my husband and son in our back yard with sons toy shovels. I asked what they were doing and DS said digging for golden rocks and dinosaur bones. He then said hurry let's jump before sissy gets home (jump on DDs trampoline) he's so active with a huge imagination.

Boy or girl baby will be yours and you will fall in love instantly. Congrats on your boy, you will love all his adventures :)

BabyFetus Tickerphoto 2ceebf02-c89c-48f9-aa15-cf2562600e12.jpg
  • Options
    I can't explain it but I just love having little boys. They are sweet and mischievous at the same time.
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"