December 2011 Moms
Options

Anyone else with a LO with tubes?

Just had DS's hearing test done to rule out hearing affecting his speech. Well he tested on the borderline of normal which surprised me since I always thought he could hear well. He had fluid in both ears but a lot more in his right ear so the ENT recommended getting tubes since he also has the speech delay. Has anyone else had a LO that got tubes? What was the procedure like and how was LO afterwards? I know the procedure isn't a big deal but it still freaks me out. Hope everyone is having a good friday, I wish mine had better news : /
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Anyone else with a LO with tubes?

• Options
    No experience personally but a little boy in our music class got tubes around 20 months old. It made a huge difference in his speech seemly over night. Hope everything goes smoothly!

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    -T--T- member
    DS passed his first hearing screening after he came home but had continual fluid that didn't resolve on it's own after several months of monitoring. He got his first set and coming out of the sedation was the only hard part. He just didn't know what was going on. A few months later his tubes came out along with drainage and resulted in his first ear infection. They gave it a couple months but he had more fluid so he got his second set of tubes and adenoids removed. We got ear drops after each procedure which was a nightmare, DS hates them. The drops have antibiotics in them so I don't believe we had to do oral antibiotics.

Tubes have little complications so it's a safe procedure with great rewards normally. I may be a little callous when it comes to that kind of thing, but if it has potential of helping, I'm all about it! Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS has tubes - got them at 13 months for recurrent ear infections. The procedure was suuuuper fast. He honestly woke up in a lot of pain but had an ear infection during the procedure so that's likely why. By that night he was fine and we're very glad we did it.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

DD got tubes around 16 months.  She had continual ear infections that would not go away in the summer.  She failed her hearing test because of the fluid that was in her ears.  I think that really pushed us to get tubes.  We obviously didn't want that to affect her speech development.  The surgery really is minor - she was back with us less than 5 minutes after we left her & recovery for us was not that bad at all.  The tubes were AMAZING.  Since then (2 years now) she's only had one ear infection and is doing great even though they've both since fell out.

Email me if you have any questions.  I know for us it was a tough decision but in the end one I'm so glad we made. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Thank you ladies! I talked to our Ped. who I love and she thinks we should go ahead and do it since he has the speech delay. It's set for February 13th so hopefully it all goes smoothly and he's a chatterbox afterwards :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Yay!  Feel free to ask any questions you might have.  Where are you getting it done at? 

• Options
    We have an appointment with an ENT this week for this. DS has had 7 ear infections in the last year :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"