August 2013 Moms

Similac Total Comfort

Has anyone tried Similac Total Comfort? If you remember my last post my baby has had trouble passing stool and gas, and sometimes quite a bit of spit up. I have tried simethicone, gripe water and maalox. I ended up giving her a glycerine suppository this weekend and she had a huge bowel movement with much relief. I have had her on similac sensitive which seemed to help but am thinking about total comfort. Open to opinions and suggestions. Thank you.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Similac Total Comfort

• With DD we actually preferred WalMarts Parents Choice to Similac.  It was easier on her tummy and even after mixing it you could visibly see less bubbles which in turn meant less gas.  Her poos looked more like breast milk stools and weren't as hard as they were with Similac and extra bonus it was cheaper.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Have you tried Soy?  My daughter was having gas and spitting up but she does it a lot less now that I have switched her to soy.  Whenever she goes too long without a bowel movement I put a little bit of karo syrup in her bottle.  The pediatrician recommended it to me with my first daughter.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Not sure why my ticker says I am 45 weeks pregnant.  I have tried to change it several times *sigh*  /:)
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you both. A gassy baby is horrible'
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I would try the Similac Soy.  It's supposed to be good for gas.  Also, Similac is the most complex formula.  If your baby's having stomach issues and you want to switch formulas, you might even try a different brand (Gerber's Good Start is supposed to be a good one to move to from Similac).  Before switching, maybe talk to your doctor.  We were going to switch and ours talked us out of it and gave us some other ideas.  When our DD was the fussiest, she was actually going through a growth spurt.  And during gassy times, we keep her upright after feeding for 30 min, burp every ounce to ever two ounces.  I've been better about doing the bicycles with her legs daily.  I am cutting back on the gripe water b/c I've noticed her stool has been irregular. So now I only give it to her once or twice before bed (I was putting it into every feeding)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We haven't tried Similac but we love Enfamil Gentle Ease. Target's Up & Up brand has a generic of Gentle Ease which we switched to and LO has taken very well to it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I mostly BF but I supplement too. We use the target Up and Up gentle. It is basically exactly the same as the enfamil and she does great on it. It really helped her gas
  • Hi I was wondering if you ever did try Similac Total Comfort and if so, what did you think? My 9 week old is experiencing same problems as you, currently on Similac Advance. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"