December 2013 Moms
Options

Cloth Diapering Moms...

B's waist finally filled out enough for our size 1 Thirsties and prefolds (buh bye, disposables!).

Describe for me your changing area: what kind of pail are you doing, wipes, how frequently do you run your laundry, what are the most useful CD accessories you've got?

Thanks, ladies!
Lilypie - (V9Ze)

Re: Cloth Diapering Moms...

• Options

Lurking from January... We've done cloth since coming home from the hospital. Downstairs where we spend most of our time, we have a pnp with changer. I keep my wipes, spray, and creams in the storage area there. We use a combo of flats and covers and AIOs. I fold my flats right out of the dryer, and stack them in the storage area too. We have an open plastic garbage pail with a liner in our downstairs bathroom.

The AIOs we use overnight upstairs. We have a changing pad on DH's dresser and RAR wetbag hanging on our closet door. I do laundry every other day, though with our prefolds I could go every three. I prefer the flats though.

My snappis are getting a ton of use, and I love the CJ's Spritz Butter.

• Options
    BoothBabyBoothBaby member
    edited January 2014
    We have been using our cloth for about a week now. We have 24 prefolds, 12 fitteds, and 5 AIOs. I have a changing pad on the dresser in the nursery. All the diapers are in the top dresser drawer. On top of the dresser is a bin with a couple snappis, a big tub of CJs BUTTer, and about 20 cloth wipes. We also have regular disposable wipes. For the cloth wipes, I have a little spray bottle of water to wet them.

So far we have done 3 loads of diapers in the wash. We use Charlie's Soap, and I have been doing a pre-wash, wash, and extra rinse, but the dipes are a little stinky coming out of the dryer, so we are still experimenting with fixing that!

ETA: We use a kitchen trash can with a swinging lid for our diaper pail, and a Planet Wise pail liner.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How exciting! I know how excited I was when DD was big enough to wear her CDs...now she's starting to outgrow her NB prefolds.

We have two changing areas: one in DD's room with a changing pad and one in our living room on our oversized ottoman where we are most of the time. We have a waterproof cover laid out over the ottoman and keep a stack of prefolds and Pampers wipes on it. We use mainly Thirsties covers and have 1 RaR and 1 Imagine cover as well. We don't use a pail, just Planet Wise wet bags and they work amazingly well. We also have 10 or so FB OS Elite pockets that we use interchangeably. I can get away with doing laundry every 2-3 days. We use the BG powder detergent.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image   image
  • Options
    We've been in cloth about a week now. I'm using 18 Bumgenius and 2 Mums Bums AIOs and 5 Green Mountain diapers and 3 Kissaluvs with two Thirsties covers. I really love the green mountain dipes and want to order some cloth eez in bigger sizes.

We have our changing table set up with dipes in the top drawer and a basket with cjs butter and wipes in the wipe warmer. I plan to use cloth wipes later but right now we're using up all our wet wipes we got at showers. I use a planet wise wet bag. We have a diaper sprayer as well though we don't seem to really need it yet. I've been washing every day with publix free and clear detergent.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Our changing table has drawers where I keep the diapers and it has shelves were I keep the accessories. I have a lidless white garbage pail next to it with planet wise pail liners.

We do diaper laundry every other day and use powdered original Tide. Our wash routine for an HE top loader is quick wash warm with cold rinse, heavy duty wash hot with Tide and cold rinse, extra cold rinse.

We use a tub of CJ's butter. We use GroVia cloth wipes and I store them in a wet wipe container in a solution of water and CJ's Carcass Cleaner.
      Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersimage
  • Options
    I use the changing section of the pack and play to store my diapers, which is 24 prefolds, 17 flats, and 7 covers. We change him on our bed. This isn't working well, so his dresser/changing table is moving into our room today.
    I have 2 Planet Wise wetbags, and wash every other day.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    We have 24 green mountain prefolds and 12 workhorse fitted diapers, some with and some without snaps. We like the ones without snaps the best, because the snappi is way faster. We were in newborn orange edge size for 1.5 weeks (8lb 10oz baby) and are now finding yellow edge size small (9lb 10oz baby) a better fit. We have 3 lovey bums NB/SM wool covers and that is enough, although we do have some thirsties as backup. We have a princelionhart wipes warmer and 36 cloth wipes, which are not quite enough. A dozen more would probably be perfect. We do laundry every other day. It is working really well for us.
  • Options
    Thanks everybody for the quick survey!  Looking forward to getting the little lady started right!
    Lilypie - (V9Ze)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"