June 2013 Moms
Options

I don't even know what to title this but please come in and read it ::sad alert::

I have been a part of another online community for many years now.  One of the mods, and a girl that I feel like I "know" very well lives in CO, and her daughter was injured a couple of days ago. She was taken via Life Star to Colorado Children’s for emergency surgery. They are waiting on testing tonight to determine her brain function. Obviously, this is a financial burden that could bankrupt them.

We have an amazing online community who started the fundraiser, but I am hoping to spread the word more. If you would be willing, could you help spread the word as well? Anything you’re willing to do would be so, so, so appreciated. 

Here is the link to the fundraising page:
https://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/love-light-for-zb/127512

In addition to the finances, they are awaiting (right this very moment) on MRI & EEG results to determine brain activity.  If the results are not good, they are going to be making horrifying, life changing decisions.  Please keep Pixy and ZB in your prayers.
Thank you for anything you are willing to do,

Re: I don't even know what to title this but please come in and read it ::sad alert::

• Options
    Pixy used to post here on the bump too and my friend is on another forum with her and told me about this.  So incredibly sad.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options

It's unbelievable how a normal day can turn to this.  I well up with tears just thinking about it.  I am obsessively checking my Facebook feed for updates.....I just feel so awful for her family.  That poor little girl has gone through so much in just a few days and they are getting (or already got) some test results that will change their world....

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The amount of sadness having to do with kids is just unfathomable.  Not to hijack at all but did you all know that a poster on Parenting just received a leukemia diagnosis for her 2.5 year old? :(

• Options
    No.  :-(  I haven't been around on either of my boards much lately (here and GBCN).  God that's so awful.  I can't imagine.....
  • Options
    I get sick thinking of how these moms and dads must feel.  It's incomprehensible to me.

• Options
    So sad! makes you want to take in every moment you have with your child, you never know when it's going to be your last!

DS1 2-26-07
    DS2 10-18-10
    M/C 8-5-12
    DS3  6-21-13
    #4 Due May 2015

IT'S A BOY

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p577/Jennidyan1109/23d540d6-b829-444c-8c32-e5df839d3d41.jpg?t=1417822558

• Options
    Rajah2007Rajah2007 member
    edited January 2014

Edited to remove detail: I am actually not sure if the amount of detail I gave was okay as it was given in a private message board and not a public forum.  Keep the Pixy family in your thoughts.

• Options
    elmoali said:
    I get sick thinking of how these moms and dads must feel.  It's incomprehensible to me.

100% agreed.
  • Options
    Jesus, I really can't stomach this :(  I feel physically ill for her.

• Options
    Ugh, my heart breaks for them. I could not imagine having to go through something like this with your child. My thoughts are with them during the difficult time.
    image imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I will be praying for these families. Words can not express the heartbreak.
  • Options
    I am so so sad for them. How heartbreaking. I will be praying..
  • Options
    Unimaginable. My heart and stomach hurt so much for them! Thinking and praying for that sweet baby and her family.
  • Options
    Its very sad, i dont want to even imagine what they are going through....im not on that board though so i dont know how to navigate it...what kind of accident did the little girl have? 
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Edited to remove detail: I am honestly a little bit confused about the chronological order of events.  I believe it was originally thought to be a head injury.  There was emergency surgery to the abdomen.  I just know that she is really needing thoughts, prayers and pixie dust right now.
  • Options
    The last I hear they were awaiting MRI results to see if/how active her brain is. Poor sweet ZB. My heart breaks for lily.

CJ 05/29/2013

• Options
    I just check FB, ZB has no brain activity. They're letting her go.

CJ 05/29/2013

• Options
    I feel sick.

• Options
    edited January 2014

That was one of the saddest messages to come across my Facebook feed.  :-(  It is with a very, very heavy heart to have to day that BLT is correct.  I feel physically ill as well.

ETA: The MRI showed damage to all parts of poor little ZB's brain.  Her parents have decided to donate her organs to save another little life.

• Options
    Heart wrenching! Praying for this family!

• Options
    Oh god. This is just incomprehensible. Poor family, poor sweet girl. :-(
    IUI #1 - 10 April 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #2 - 05 May 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #3 - 05 July 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #4 - 30 August 2012 medicated and monitoredLetrozole and Ovidrel Trigger 
    IUI #5 - 27 September 2012 Letrozole 
    BFP! 9 October 2012 Betas:- 12DPO 16; 16DPO 96; 18DPO 315

Baby Alarico born on 28 June 2013!!

• Options
    Such a tragedy :( my heart aches for them.
    imageimageimage
    My two girls Flower and Ayla Faye
  • Options
    When I googled "love and light for ZB" last night I can across another The Bump post, which has since been deleted. I guess the mom, Pixy, is exceedingly private. The post on the other website (GBCN or something...) has also been deleted. As sad as we all are, I'm wondering if we ought to delete this post as well. @elmoali
    The deleted post from GBCN contained a lot of personal info and some lurkers were stirring the pot.  I was very careful to only include things in this post that Pixy specifically said was ok to share.  Promise.  <3
  • Options
    This is just so very heartbreaking. I cried when I read this and my thoughts and prayers go out to the family. Definitely makes you put life in perspective.
  • Options
    Rajah2007 said:

When I googled "love and light for ZB" last night I can across another The Bump post, which has since been deleted. I guess the mom, Pixy, is exceedingly private. The post on the other website (GBCN or something...) has also been deleted. As sad as we all are, I'm wondering if we ought to delete this post as well. @elmoali

The deleted post from GBCN contained a lot of personal info and some lurkers were stirring the pot.  I was very careful to only include things in this post that Pixy specifically said was ok to share.  Promise.  <3

Ditto

CJ 05/29/2013

• Options
    If anyone is interested, they're putting together a virtual race for may 4, 3.5 miles. All entry fees will be donated to Pixy and her family. I know we have some runners here so if anyone wants I will keep you in the loop.

CJ 05/29/2013

• Options
    amie444amie444 member
    edited January 2014
    I don't know Pixy, but my heart breaks for her and her family. I have cried tears as I hold my LO.

• Options
    I'm not ignoring you all but I'm away with spotty internet and knew BLT was in here. My heart is still breaking for this family :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"