High-Risk Pregnancy

first appointment at 8 weeks?

Just a quick question for everyone. I am on my second pregnancy after a loss at 39 weeks last July. Since we are high risk this time around, I am wondering if it's normal to have the first appointment at 8 weeks? Seems like I should be doing something already..... but I guess our problem last time was right at the end. I am hoping everything goes well until Jan 10!

first son stillborn 7/20/13 at 39 weeks due to Acute Fatty Liver of Pregnancy
It's a girl! Baby Anna was born August 3, 2014!

Re: first appointment at 8 weeks?

• I didn't see my dr until 8 weeks and didn't see the peri until 20!!!
    \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 BabyFetus Ticker}
  • Congrats, first of all!
    I didn't see my doctor until 8 weeks, that's totally normal. Especially if your known issue doesn't come into play until later- if you were HR because of a significant early loss history or blood clotting disorder(or something like that)then i would think you would see a doctor earlier.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I am high risk due to being a diabetic. I didn't see my OB until I was 12 weeks. My first scheduled appt was more of an intake appt. I wasn't examined but I saw a intake worker regarding lots of paperwork, cost, what would happen over the course of 9 months, etc. However, I did see my diabetes educator (she is a nurse) as soon as I found out I was pregnant around 9 weeks so maybe that makes a difference.
  • thanks for the info. the days move so slowly while we wait, don't they !?

• First congrats on your new pregnancy so sorry to hear about your loss. Im 11 weeks pregnant and im considered high risk bc i have factor 7 and i had history of cervical cancer and i have yet to see my OB as well!! im seeing her next week for my first official ob visit. So i hope things do get better for you and it helps ease some anixety bc i know mine is through the roof waiting!!
  • This sounds pretty standard. I didn't have my 1st appt. until 8 weeks, and I was high-risk from the beginning. Hang in there - you'll be there before you know it!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• only one week to go! hope it's good news :)

• Interesting, my first appointment was at 6 weeks, but I think it really depends on the reasoning.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My 1st appt was 4 week and 3 days. my doctor's office doesn't have a wait until so many weeks policy. I wasn't high risk until today when my blood work came in. Boo. Congrats on your little one.
  • My first appointment was at 8 weeks. Initially I wasn't considered high risk (now I am just because I have a genetic neuro disease). I feel like they said something about that being a good time for the first ultrasound because they're more likely to be an expected size instead of a little big or small.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"