March 2014 Moms
Options

Restless legs

How do I fix this???? My legs are sort of tingly, sort of tickly (probably not a word) and driving me nuts. I want to kick really really hard when I'm laying or sitting but aside from making me look crazy, it does nothing. Holy f is it annoying!

Re: Restless legs

• Options
    Yeah I've been getting that every night for the last two weeks and can't seem to beat it. It's maddening. I can't sleep. I've tried hydrating more, doing stretches before bed, exercising a little before bed, doing no exercising, nothing works. I'd like help with this too! I did take a bath last night and it wasn't as bad but it could have been a coincidence.
  • Options
    lvlichellelvlichelle member
    edited January 2014
    I had that too! I told my OB..she prescribed me an iron pill. It has helped so much.

BFP #1 10/02/06, EDD 5/1/07 Natural Miscarriage 1 week after BFP

BFP #2 3/28/07, EDD 11/19/07 Natural Miscarriage 2 weeks after BFP

BFP #3 1/16/11, 1st U/S - 1/28/11 HR 132bpm, Missed Miscarriage- 2/28/11, D&C 3/8/11 

March 2011, diagnosed with MTHFR gene mutation

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap and tell them about You, but since I didn't get the chance, would You please hold them on Your lap and tell them about me?

BFP #4 6/26/13, EDD 3/8/14, Delivered @ 40w6d
    Bethany Elizabeth born on 3/14/14 @ 6:48am weighing almost 8lbs 1oz and measuring 20 1/2 inches.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have  had restless legs for years. I just recently found out that it is typically related to iron
    deficiency anemia. I know exactly what you mean about wanting to kick your legs. I jiggle mine a lot. A hot shower used to really help me sleep. But I don't really sleep now anyway. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

My Third Tri Feelings
  • Options
    I've had a heck of a time with this too. I tried eating a banana and that didn't work. Maybe I'll take extra iron- I'm slightly anemic but didn't realize this was the cause. Thanks for asking this!

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I will have to ask about the iron at my next appt. does that type of pill upset your stomach? I thought it was iron supplements that could do that but maybe I'm wrong!
  • Options
    Iron supplements help some people, so does magnesium.  I've had no luck with either.

Hot baths help somewhat, orgasm helps a lot but it's hard to get in the mood once your legs start.  Sometimes I'll stretch and/or do leg lifts - mildly fatiguing the muscle helps but if you go too far it makes it worse so be careful.  Swearing loudly and or cursing the day you were born doesn't do anything but I try that every night anyway.
  • Options
    ceh789 said:

orgasm helps a lot but it's hard to get in the mood once your legs start..

I will just stick with kicking like a crazy person. It's hard for me to get in the mood once I'm conscious at this point in the game!!
  • Options
    Drinking milk before bed helped for me! But then i found out i had anemia and have been taking supplements (which do upset my stomach btw) and it has helped some!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm glad you asked, I've been suffering in silence about this for years, it just happens occasionally.
    I'm going to ask about the iron suppdlements too!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic&nImage and video hosting by TinyPic bsp;center;"
    >Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I take a Magnesium supplement called Natural Calm that helps. Orgasm helps a lot, too, but I have to go to sleep immediately after or the restless legs return.
    Mom to 5 wonderful kids: 18ds, 15ds, 13ds, 11dd and baby boy! Why get old when you can get pregnant?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've been getting this sometimes, but not as bad as some of you girls! Eeek! I'm glad to hear about the iron, I'll have to try that.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"