Health & Exercise
Options

Fitness DVD recommend.

I haven't done very much physical activity since my twins were born, 
which was 14months ago. Sad I know! I'm looking to find something to get back
in shape that won't be terrible easing back into it. Does anyone have any ideas?
TIA

Re: Fitness DVD recommend.

• Options
    I think it depends on what you like to do. My mom loves walk off the pounds (Leslie sansone) type DVDs when she's getting back to working out. I find walking DVDs extremely boring (to clarify, it's not just walking in place, there are different steps and arm moves) and prefer more toning exercises like bar method/pure barre workouts. You could also start off doing some prenatal exercise DVDs to ease yourself back into the game. I like slim and toned prenatal DVD by Suzanne Bowen. Or Tracy Anderson's prenatal DVDs. I order most of DVDs from websites that allow you to try the DVDs and return if you don't like. That way, I don't waste money on DVDs I don't like!
  • Options
    I have been having really good luck with YouTube. I've tried all sorta of good videos there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have heard great things about all the different beach body videos - Insanity, T25, P90x, etc. but haven't done them myself.  I have several Jillian Michaels videos - Shred It With Weights (great with a kettlebell), Yoga Meltdown, Six Pack Abs and used to have 30 Day Shred (let someone borrow it when I was pregnant, and never asked for it back).  Each video has two workouts (30DS has 3) with most being under 30 minutes (6 pack abs is closer to 35).  I like them and I also work another yoga video (Rodney Yee's Power Up Yoga as well as a yoga app - Yoga Studio - I have on my iPhone) into this.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    I have been a beach body user for many years and just got t25.....talk about sweat....phew!
  • Options
    Cathe is my fave instructor. She is pretty intense and doesn't do modifiers. You have to come up with modifications on your own, but she is awesome
  • Options
    There is a new program coming out with beachbody called 21 day fix, it's 30 minute workouts and it includes a meal plan and as the name says it's 21 days. Good way to get back into fitness, you don't have to do the meal plan. My all time favorite with beachbody is turbo fire:)  Message me if you are interested in talking more about the beachbody programs!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"