September 2014 Moms
Options

HELP! Going to a party (alcohol) and no one knows I'm pregnant....

any advice how to politely decline alcohol without it seeming obvious? We're walking so I can't use "I'm driving" as an excuse. I plan to try to secretly have a mixed drink without liquor, but if anyone has any other suggestions I'd really appreciate it!!! 

Re: HELP! Going to a party (alcohol) and no one knows I'm pregnant....

• Options
    We always said I was on antibiotics and I wasn't comfortable mixing the two.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have the same problem this Sunday... I plan to bring my own drink :)

Dx: Vasa Previa w/DS1
    **Tinymin born 8/14 @35w1d**
    "Annnnnnd you win the award for best SN evar." -LindsRockies

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have the same problem this Sunday... I plan to bring my own drink :)
    this is a great idea. 
  • Options
    I didn't drink often so I just say no thanks no need for explanation
    Baby C IAmPregnant Ticker} BabyFetus Ticker} Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    true. I'm so used to having one or two drinks when out that I've never had to just decline (at parties, I'm never at bars) But I don't think it's fishy for someone else to simply say no thanks. We haven't told our parents yet so I don't want a bunch of acquaintances knowing/suspecting first, so am probably reading into this. 
  • Options
    I've always just bought a drink and either made my way to the bathroom with it, "lost" it or if DH is around have him drink for both of us. Everyone seems to jump to conclusions when a drink is turned down, so I just don't turn it down.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    DS1| 4.26.09 :: MMC| 7.11 :: DS2| 6.26.11 :: DD| 4.12.13 LO#4| EDD 9.19.14
  • Options
    eh just pretend to nurse a drink and pass it on to h or dump it. Yea seems like a waste but taking a few sips here and there over the course of a party won't hurt you. If it was just me, I wouldn't mind declining because it's not really out of the norm. Another option is to just decline and say you aren''t feeling the alcohol... or you could claim you had too much to drink the night before.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Options
    Drink a glass of ginger ale and lie. Or walk around with a drink and spill it every now and then when no ones looking.
    BabyName Ticker}
  • Options
    hadeelbhadeelb member
    edited January 2014
    I ask my DH to get me a "vodka cran" with people around and he comes back from the bar with just cranberry juice and a lime wedge :D
  • Options
    I would say I'm cleansing my liver. I used to do that every once and a while. It's good for the body anyways. lol
  • Options
    Drink a vodka soda with a lime and hold the vodka :) Or just hold a drink and occasionally switch drinks with your hubby so it looks like "your drink" is getting lower. I had to do this all week at a work meeting in Vegas. Good luck!!
  • Options
    My 30th birthday is just around the corner and I planned a party with my friends only days before finding out I was pregnant. Luckily the party is at my house, so my plan is this: fill an empty wine bottle with a non alcoholic wine and drink that all night so no one suspects! Now just to find a way to hide my giant boobs and insatiable hunger ...
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! It went great, I bought a six pack of saranac ginger beer (which is delicious) and looks just like beer! No one said a word :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"