Pregnant after 35

Kinda bummed & it's prob just hormones but...

I just scheduled a tour of my maternity ward for next Wednesday evening. My hospital only does them twice a month and in groups. Next Wednesday is the last one for January. I'm due Match 9th so I didn't want to wait till February cause that is getting close and I'd like to have the tour in case I deliver early. Anyway, after I schedule it I tell DH (who is usually home every day by 4:00) & he says "remember I have an overnight training for work that day/night." Yeah that's right my bad he did tell me but my prego brain forgot. So I'm like no problem my mom will probably be able to go with me. Again she is usually home every night by 5:30 and doesn't do anything on weeknights. I call her and guess what, she has a hair appt after work that night. Great! Looks like I'm going alone. Now I know this isn't that big a deal. I mean I'm the one who has questions for the staff and really needs the info so it's really only important that I go. But for some reason I got really upset at the thought of being in a group of people in couples or with other family members and being there all by myself. So upset I actually started crying. I can't wait till I get my normal emotions back, hormones suck! Thanks for letting me vent. :-)

Melissa

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Kinda bummed & it's prob just hormones but...

• If it helps, there were a few ladies there on their own when I did my tour.   I hope it works out in a way that you're happy with.  
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Oh I understand the hormonal crying!  I agree with op- go by yourself AND schedule again for February with your dh so he can go too..
  • Loading the player...
  • Maybe after you take the tour, you could go back to the hospital another day soon with DH and show him the basics, like where he will need to park and what floor/buidling to go to, etc? That is the main information I want DH to retain after the visit, personally! My tour is also next Wed :)
    imageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Aww, that's too bad. I am sorry to hear that. 

Hugs.

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• Aww. That is the kind of thing you want to share, even if you don't really need to per se. Why don't you ask a friend to go? I know I'd be willing, if someone asked me. Its always fun to be part of expecting a new baby. They can help you remember what you want to tell hubby and just keep you company. Maybe even turn it in to a girl's night and go out to dinner afterwards?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"