New York Babies

Looking for NYC Doctor

Hi - I'm newly pregnant and am looking for a great Manhattan based doctor (that takes United Healthcare).  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance!

Re: Looking for NYC Doctor

• I delivered at Beth Israel Medical Center. I went to the midwives and they were fantastic. I did meet with one of the OBs, Dr Valerie Lewis Morris, and she was great too but I was going for a natural birth so I chose the MWs. Joyce griffin delivered my baby and she was amazing. I ended up with a complicated birth. Baby was sunny side up and it took 4hrs of pushing to get him out.
  • I love Dr. Bradley and the other doctors at her practice.  They all support birth at the birth center as well as regular Labor and delivery floor, it is great to have options and for OBs they are pretty open to letting nature take its course for birth.

Andrea
    City Births - Educational Classes for New and Expecting Parents
    www.citybirths.com
    info@citybirths.com
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a really good experience with Dr. Laura Cha, who is on Park and 80th.  She has privileges at Mt. Sinai, where I delivered.

https://www.chaobgyn.com/

• After deciding I wanted to deliver at Lenox Hill, I was given a list of the preferred doctors that deliver there. If you want Lenox Hill, let me know if you want the list. 
  • I'm going to be at Lenox Hill also, with Dr. Lauren Elliston.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Dr Natalie Stevens is absolutely amazing! She delivered my baby March 2013 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I second Dr. Stevens, she delivered my baby in September...and now I just found out I am expecting in October again :/
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm 17 weeks (my 1st baby!) and will be delivering at NY Presbyterian Weill Cornell.  I'm seeing Dr. Garrick Leonard, and so far, I really like him!  He's direct, calm and knows his stuff.  His office staff/nurses are also nice.  I have Empire Blue Cross, so I'm not sure if he takes United, but it's worth checking.  He shares an office with, and deliveries, with Drs. Hockstein and Dobrenis.
  • I'm going to be at Lenox Hill also, with Dr. Lauren Elliston.
    This is the doctor I picked from the list I was given! She has been great so far!
  • Dr Anna Barbieri with OBGYN Westside on 91st and Columbus. She is amazing. She delivers at Mt Sinai.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • kisis13kisis13 member
    edited February 2014
    Love Dr Barbieri. Have yet to meet the other partners in the OBGyn Westside group but have heard they are all fantastic.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"