October 2013 Moms
Options

High chairs

I know we still have a few months before this is needed but I'm starting to look into them, not exactly sure where to begin. I'm just wondering if anyone has any recommendations on which ones are good or which ones to stay away from!
TIA!

Re: High chairs

• Options
    My SIL has a 2-year-old and swears by the Fisher-Price Space Saver highchair. It lets LO eat at the table with you, without the extra, often space-sucking, traditional high chairs. She gifted us one for our baby shower and I can't wait to use it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     BFP #1: 3.2.13 | EDD: 10.21.13 | Born: 10.25.13
     BFP #2: 9.9.14 | EDD 5.13.15 | MC: 9.24.14
    BFP #3: 1.4.15 | EDD 8.23.15
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I have the fisher price healthy care high chair from DS. It's a great chair (although the animals on it are a little tacky!). I'd love to get a space saver high chair for DD.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have a Graco and we really like it. It can be adjusted depending on the child and we actually put LO in it now when I'm cooking. He can sit straight up or lean back. It even has a 5 point harness on it which keeps LO very secure.
  • Options

I have this one in a different color.  I love it because you can use it as a highchair (on the stand), a space saver seat (attaches to a chair), and a booster seat.  The height is adjustable on the stand and the recline of the seatback is adjustable as well.

https://www.diapers.com/p/graco-duodiner-lx-highchair-metropolis-777753?site=CA&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc_D&utm_term=AGO-278&utm_campaign=GooglePLA&CAWELAID=1714074853&utm_content=pla&ca_sku=AGO-278&ca_gpa=pla&ca_kw={keyword}

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    hlb622 said:

My SIL has a 2-year-old and swears by the Fisher-Price Space Saver highchair. It lets LO eat at the table with you, without the extra, often space-sucking, traditional high chairs. She gifted us one for our baby shower and I can't wait to use it!

We were gifted one as well and I can't wait to use it. I love how compact it is and like PP said, they can sit with you at the table without taking up a bunch of space.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We plan to get the FP Space Saver or one similar.  DS1 had a big, tall one and I didn't care much for it. 

• Options
    shelley1002shelley1002 member
    edited January 2014
    klewis888 said:

We were gifted one as well and I can't wait to use it. I love how compact it is and like PP said, they can sit with you at the table without taking up a bunch of space.
    I have one of these at my parents house to use when we visit.  I hate it!  The arms that the tray attaches to never seem to be even or level so the tray is always slightly twisted and/or tilted.  I can't push it in close to the table because the arms are in the way.  The tray is a pain in the ass to attach because you have to get it lined up perfectly which is hard since the arms never seem to line up.  I am so glad I got it from a consignment shop for like $20.

ETA:  After looking closer at the picture you can ignore what I said.  The one I have has separate arms the tray attaches.  This one does not.

ETA2:  Here's a link to one like I have.
    https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Space-Saver-Chair-Scatterbug/dp/B002OOWAK8 

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    hlb622 said:

Totally agree! We used one for our older two and are using one again. They also recline back very easily. Ours is already set up and dd sits at the table with us during meals.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    anamouse said:

We got the Graco Blossom as a gift. I liked that it has different functions and can be used by 2 different aged children.

We also received the Graco Blossom as a Christmas gift and we already use it! We love it. It has an insert that enables her to sit up easily and she loves to sit there and play with a rattle while we eat... We love having her included in family meal time.

• Options
    IL's bought this for D for Christmas. My DH put it together right away and she LOVES it! Especially if I'm cooking or cleaning I just put her in it, and she can watch me.
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Options
    IL's bought this for D for Christmas. My DH put it together right away and she LOVES it! Especially if I'm cooking or cleaning I just put her in it, and she can watch me.
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Options

I have this one in a different color.  I love it because you can use it as a highchair (on the stand), a space saver seat (attaches to a chair), and a booster seat.  The height is adjustable on the stand and the recline of the seatback is adjustable as well.

https://www.diapers.com/p/graco-duodiner-lx-highchair-metropolis-777753?site=CA&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc_D&utm_term=AGO-278&utm_campaign=GooglePLA&CAWELAID=1714074853&utm_content=pla&ca_sku=AGO-278&ca_gpa=pla&ca_kw={keyword}

This is the one we want to get. I like the idea of having the option to have it sit on a chair, but since we have a small kitchen table and seating space is limited as it is, it's nice we can use it as  a separate high chair too. I'm thinking of getting it soon because it would be really helpful to have her sit in it when we need to do things in the kitchen.
    Baby #2 EDD: May 13th!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Jalee85 said:

This is the one we have.
  • Options
    I bought a space saver one a few
    Years ago from a garage sale for $10 to have on hand when our nieces and nephews visit and we've been using that for the lat few weeks. We were gifted a full size one but we haven't used it yet.

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

• Options

This is the chair we have. We really don't want a big high chair, Our eating area is not very big so we are trying to get away without one. This is the seat the boy I nannied had. It works great. It is easy to clean and I love that it doesn't have fabric. DD needs to be a little older to use it. But we won't be doing solids until at least 5, probably more like 6 months. If we have to have her on our laps for a couple of months nbd for me. 

Anniversary

• Options

This is the chair we have. We really don't want a big high chair, Our eating area is not very big so we are trying to get away without one. This is the seat the boy I nannied had. It works great. It is easy to clean and I love that it doesn't have fabric. DD needs to be a little older to use it. But we won't be doing solids until at least 5, probably more like 6 months. If we have to have her on our laps for a couple of months nbd for me. 

My son had this to take out about. It took a long time for him to be able to use it due to no support on the sides. We use a space saver still and I just got one for Skye at BRU on clearance for $39 yesterday.
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • Options
    We have this one (in a different color). I LOVE the swivel tray. It's really annoying having to take the whole tray off otherwise and finding a spot for it. It's also never really as one handed as promised.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bright-Starts-InGenuity-Perfect-Place-High-Chair-Bellavista/15126395

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • Options
    bkeane619 said:

My son had this to take out about. It took a long time for him to be able to use it due to no support on the sides. We use a space saver still and I just got one for Skye at BRU on clearance for $39 yesterday.
    Yeah, if we end up needing something else we will just get one. She also has a bumbo and tray we can use until she is a little bigger. We will just play it by ear and no big deal if we end up getting one. If we do it will deft be the space saver. 
    Anniversary

• Options
    I have a Stokke Tripp Trapp for my son. I love it. It is pricy but it grows with your child until it is a full sized adult chair. I like that it fits in at the dinner table, it looks like normal furniture not babyish. I also like that with it he sits at the table and isnt seperate from us with his own tray. I'll probably get a matching one for LO when she is big enough.
    Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage
  • Options
    I just ordered the Evenflo Mod Tot high hair from target. It was on sale for $89. I love the look of it, and there's no fabric. It's adjustable, can recline, and has a harness. I can't wait to get it so LO has a entertaining place to sit while I cook

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"