March 2014 Moms

Anyone know something about The Honest Company?

I keep getting the free trial emails. I like the concept of their diapers and wipes. Anyone tried them?

Congrats to my TTC buddy Madeline! Cheering for all the strong 3T ladies! 

TTC since March 2012; DX: PCOS 4/2013 
BFP 7/6/2013; EDD 3/7/2014 
Diagnosed with Pre-E: 2/15/201
Emergency induction: 2/16/2014
Baby E born: 2/16/2014 at 12:56pm. 5lb 15oz

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone know something about The Honest Company?

• March Siggy Challenge .. What I miss the most during pregnancy

image  image
       Pregnancy Ticker
  • Lurker chiming in. I used them for a little while with DS. The diapers are ah-mazing! It's incredible how absorbent they are and that they can decompose and are not harsh on your babies skin. The wipes were annoying because they wouldn't "pop" up for you. It was hard to get them out IMO.

I switched the CD to save money because the honest diapers were a little pricey. But if money was no object, I'd always get Honest Co :o)
  • Loading the player...
  • Just got the free trial of diapers and they are adorable though I'm a ftm so I don't know much about wear and tear. I also have their trial of lotions and body wash and they don't smell fantastic but the lotion is amazing :)
  • Great stuff.  I love the citrusy scent of the baby shampoo!
  • I hated their diapers. They did not work for us, they gave her a rash and she had never had problems with diapers before, and they leaked like crazy. Their other products are ok, I prefer California baby though for that stuff.

• I use their home stuff and have liked most of it. The subscription is monthly but you choose when you get it. I ended up only needing it once every 2-3 months. The only product I didn't like was the detergent. Smelled great but didn't get as clean as I wanted.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I may sign up for the trial, they seem pretty expensive normally. I can see me using them if baby girl has sensitive skin and nothing else works.
  • On baby gear lab the absorbancy test wasnt very good but a compareable diaper was earths best which they sai was basically the same diaper but wothout all the cute prints on them. The earths best did very well on the absorbancy test
  • I love all of their products. I plan on starting the bundle for home/health stuff soon. Here's a link (invitation) if you need it. https://honest.com/accept_invitation/203398

My baby has used them since birth w/o issues. I use the healing balm for my eczema every day.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

CafeMom Tickers

• I will not support this company because they are corporate bullies. I have been a longtime follower of a blog called the Honest Toddler. They attacked this poor woman with all their corporate lawyers and said basically they owned the word "honest." I wasn't purchasing their products before but definitely won't now. You can read more here: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/30/honest-toddler-honest-company-_n_3677503.html
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for the link! And super bump that they ship to Canada :D
    Hard to find products that are animal cruelty free!
    DS - March 9th 2014 TTC #2 - May 2015 BFP - October 2015 EDD - July 7th 2016
  • Only thing I know is that I was drawn in by the free trial (which cost $5 to ship)..... and they signed me up for a $75 a month membership automatically.  For some reason this really, really annoyed me.  They just used the card without my permission that I'd used to pay the shipping fee!

The products seem great - but the whole point of a trial is to try before you buy and it was a pain to cancel the membership because of their west coast hours and being closed on weekends.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"