3rd Trimester
Options

Has anyone had this done to them?

I am 33 weeks and I went in for my checkup today and found out that our LO is breech...T_T. Her head is up by my lungs and her bottom well is at the bottom...(lol). So I know there is time for her to turn but the nurse was saying if she doesn't it's a c-section or the doc will have to manually turn her...WTF? Manually turn her....for me it is a " I don't think so" just the thought of it is scary. Didn't know that exsisted and told my DH that no matter what if she does not turn I want a c-section...of course I want her to turn and have a vaginal birth but just in case she does not. Has anyone had this happen and is it as bad as I think it will be?
imagePregnancy Ticker

Re: Has anyone had this done to them?

• Options
    The manual turning is called an inversion but I would worry about it for at least a couple of weeks. Hope she turns on her own. 
  • Options
    Yahh i wouldn't worry about it. I don't know why they would have mentioned anything to you about it now anyways. Unless you going into labor way early, there's still PLENTY of time for the baby to switch position. And having the Dr manually turn the baby is better than doing a c section... All they do is push and move around on your belly to guide them in the right direction... sounds better than getting cut open to me!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh I thought they went inside of you and turn the baby......
    imagePregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Apparently it's ridiculously painful. Hope baby turns for you.
  • Options
    Acupuncture is know to be like 90% effective in turning breech babies. Definitely worth a try to avoid a c-section.
  • Options
    Yea really dont want a c-section...She has plenty of time to turn but was really surprised to find out she was breech really didn't think she was

imagePregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Chiropractors are also quite effective at doing alignments that can result in the baby turning. I would give that a try!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Spinningbabies.com is a great website! But yes it's early still. But also your body posture is super super important. Don't sit in a reclined position like on couched and deep chairs.
  • Options
    I would try spinningbabies.com. Also a chiropractor trained in the Webster Technique. 

Also, FWIW I'm having twins and I'm trying to avoid a c-section as much as possible. My B is breech and my doctor has agreed to a breech extraction. There are two types of manual turning.

external cephalic version, where the baby is moved by pushing on the mother's abdomen. There is also the internal version where the doc sticks his/her hand into the uterus and turns baby, or in my case pulls baby out by their feet. 

• Options
    Another vote for spinningbabies.com.   These activities are designed to make room in your uterus for the baby to turn him/herself around.  Plus they feel ridiculously good whether baby needs to turn or not :-)  It's worth a shot.
    imageDSC_9275  image

• Options
    omg....I am ok with the doc pushing on my tummy to turn her but the second one is just....Ahhhhh....I don't know why it creeps me out! So sorry if you have to do that! Good luck!
    imagePregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I hope she turns for you, but - for the record - I had a c-section and it was awesome. Don't knock it till you try it.  :-bd
  • Options
    I hope she turns for you, but - for the record - I had a c-section and it was awesome. Don't knock it till you try it.  :-bd
    Tried it, hated it. Would rather have an ECV.
  • Options
    Another vote for spinningbabies.com

Congrats to my TTC buddy Madeline! Cheering for all the strong 3T ladies! 

TTC since March 2012; DX: PCOS 4/2013 
    BFP 7/6/2013; EDD 3/7/2014 
    Diagnosed with Pre-E: 2/15/201
    Emergency induction: 2/16/2014
    Baby E born: 2/16/2014 at 12:56pm. 5lb 15oz

• Options
    A friend on mine had a caesar with her third baby who was breech- she tried lots of things to turn the baby but refused the manual turning from the dr as she said she looked it up on you tube and it looked horrible.
    After the baby was born she was really happy she had refused as her daughters umbilical cord was actually too short for her to turn anyway.
    No idea if this is common or not, but just thought if share.
  • Options
    Yea I am going with I really hope she turns by herself route and if needed the one to help her turn by pressing on my tummy if that does not work then yea....going to have a c-section, I am to scared to have the second one and feels it is to much of a risk for the baby and me.
    imagePregnancy Ticker

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"