December 2013 Moms

Jerk movements

My LO has been doing this since she was born and is going for a EEG this fri to rule out seizures. It's always when she is in a deep sleep and usually on one side. Anyone else experiencing this? The neurologist believes she will out grow this in a few months, but still wants to perform the test since it does run in my family.

Re: Jerk movements

• Supergirl2013Supergirl2013 member
    edited January 2014
    Yup 3 kids and now I'm experiencing this with my LO. Can't notice something if I never experienced it. My LO also gets it bad to the point even when I hold her it does not stop.
  • What PP said. I have always known it to be normal. It helps prevent SIDS.
  • Loading the player...
  • Cashingn2 said:

@hswan91011, isn't that why they say to swaddle? Because the jerking movements wake them up.

Even when she is swaddled it happens.

• I want ice cream too but I can't have dairy.

That didn't take long. Something this Serious you want to act a fool.

Well I wasn't going to share this about my LO but it is a concern.

TPTB
    Hope you now see what I'm talking about. It's just going to get worse.

• @cash you have a message
  • I'm sure that's scary for you. what type of jerky movements? obviously your dr knows better than a bunch of internet strangers. :) I was doing some research on reflux the other day and came across videos on youtube about sandifers symdrome, like that kind of jerky movement?
    DD born March 2011
    DS born Dec 10, 2013
  • I'm sure that's scary for you. what type of jerky movements? obviously your dr knows better than a bunch of internet strangers. :) I was doing some research on reflux the other day and came across videos on youtube about sandifers symdrome, like that kind of jerky movement?

I just YouTube it and no it's nothing like that. It honestly looks like she is having a seizure in her sleep. I had to make a video for her doctors to see and the neurologist which is why she has an EEG coming up to make sure.
  • Good luck! I hope its nothing serious!
    DD born March 2011
    DS born Dec 10, 2013
  • Good luck hope it is nothing serious. Don't worry about what people are saying. Obviously if you neurologist is concerned you have every right to be worried.
  • KateMW said:

You've already taken your baby to a neurologist? What do you need from us? Truly can't believe you came back to try and get advice/support after what you said the other day. Unbelievable.

WHatdid i miss?! I'm mobile or i would look myself!
    She told Ktrue she was a terrible mother and that was why her LO was premature.
    D13 June Siggy Challenge Awkward (Awesome) Bathing Suits
    photo d5230f4f-07cc-4b75-b11c-da060b42a66d.jpg
  • You've already taken your baby to a neurologist? What do you need from us? Truly can't believe you came back to try and get advice/support after what you said the other day. Unbelievable.
    Ding ding ding.
  • KateMW said:

You've already taken your baby to a neurologist? What do you need from us? Truly can't believe you came back to try and get advice/support after what you said the other day. Unbelievable.

Oh man! I thought we were being a bit harsh...nope. How did I miss this mess?

Oh, snap. I missed that.
  • Lawren said:

Oh, snap. I missed that.
    What the? What thread was this? What a horrible human being.

imageimage

BFP #1 July 4, 2011 Baby girl born Feb 22, 2012!!
    BFP #2 December 17, 2012 MMC January 24, 2013
    BFP #3 April 7, 2013 Baby girl born December 11, 2013!!
    Amelia has Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. She has had 3 open heart surgeries, 1 g-tube surgery, and one tracheostomy. She is the strongest, most precious little fighter. 
    You can follow her at. Www.ameliafaithsheart.blogspot.com
  • Lawren said:

Oh, snap. I missed that.
    Shit, I missed that too. 

My sweet girl Lilijana Jane 12/16/13
    View Full Size Image 
  • Oh wow, just read it. Now the snarkiness in the replies in this post make a little more sense. ;)
    DD born March 2011
    DS born Dec 10, 2013
  • MBMO2 said:
    Lawren said:

Oh, snap. I missed that.
    Shit, I missed that too. 

WTF?! I missed that too :( what makes that a million times worse is ktrue's DS was going in for surgery the next day and she's been really heart broken about it. Not fucking cool!
    BFP#1 9/28/2012 - EDD 6/3/2013 - MMC discovered 11/21/2012 @ 12w2d - D&C 11/24/2012
    BFP#2 4/4/2013 - Born at 37w3d on 11/26/13 via emergency c-section
    Loving our beautiful rainbow baby boy Archer!

~*All AL Welcome*~
  • @yezbick9 they were hidden due to multiple flaggings. You can click on them to read them if you wish.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"