May 2014 Moms
Options

**~**~Wednesday Ticker Change~**~**

Good morning and happy Wednesday ladies!!

Week? Fruit/Veggie?

How are you Feeling? Is baby moving yet?

Upcoming appointments? Updates?

Rants? Raves?

GTKY: What's the best meal you have ever had and where?

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

image image  

Re: **~**~Wednesday Ticker Change~**~**

• Options

Week? Fruit/Veggie? 23 weeks- Grapefruit

How are you Feeling? Is baby moving yet? Just tired.  I keep  waking up at night because my legs are hurting.  It's super uncomfortable.  I feel him move pretty much everyday now and can feel him on the outside.  Whenever DH tries to feel, he seems to stop though! :-p

Upcoming appointments? Updates? My next monthly appt isn't until Feb 4.

Rants? Raves? Tax season is starting, so I am about to be swamped and it will only get worse from here!

GTKY: What's the best meal you have ever had and where? On our honeymoon we went to St Lucia and had an amazing Italian meal.  So yummy!

• Options

Week? Fruit/Veggie? 21 weeks - pomegranate

How are you Feeling? Is baby moving yet? Feeling good!  I *think* I've felt some movement...nothing consistent though.  Can't wait for it to become a regular thing!

Upcoming appointments? Updates? We started our registry with just the basics!  Excited to get things together for the baby's room!

Rants? Raves? Just starting to wake up more at night.  Looking into investing a Snoogle or something similar.

GTKY: What's the best meal you have ever had and where? For our anniversary one year, we went to a restaurant in Columbus, OH called Barcelona.  They have a gorgeous outdoor patio and we had a wonderful meal - lots of wine, grilled salmon with a cherry gastrique (I'm not usually even a big fish fan, but this was HEAVEN), and some kind of chocolate cake dessert my husband picked out.  Yum!  Food was delish, but I think the atmosphere definitely helped to make it a memorable meal.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Week? Fruit/Veggie?: 24 weeks/Cantaloupe!

How are you Feeling? Is baby moving yet?: Feeling pretty good actually - baby is moving some days more than others, but DH could finally feel him kick the other day, so that was cool!

Upcoming appointments? Updates?: Just had my monthly appt yesterday - everything's right on track! Next time is the gestational diabetes test, so that's something to look forward to. :P

Rants? Raves?: Rant would have to be folks who apparently know better than my OB and judge when I decide to indulge in something they wouldn't have done if they were pregnant. Rave is definitely DH - He is being such a huge help and keeps me calm when I start to panic about how much there is still to do to get ready for LO. :)

GTKY: What's the best meal you have ever had and where?: Hmmm, tough one. I'm a sucker for Polish food, and we went to visit family in Chicago this past December and had some AMAZING food at Staropolska Restaurant.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image     image    
  • Options

Week? Fruit/Veggie? Week 22/Papaya

How are you Feeling? Is baby moving yet? Feeling great & Squish is moving every day - I feel him/her in the morning before I get out of bed, sitting at my desk, in gym classes, and the most active time - at night :) I love it and DH can feel it now too!

Upcoming appointments? Updates? February 4 - really hoping this placenta has moved so I can get back to sexy time with DH and kickboxing classes. 

Rants? Raves? Rant: sleep or lack thereof - I am getting up at least twice a night and find it incredibly difficult to fall back to sleep once I get up. Rave: DH painted the nursery this past weekend, we're doing a daycare tour this afternoon, and I wore my first maternity dress today -  this is starting to feel real :) 

GTKY: What's the best meal you have ever had and where? Oh, this is a hard one! Can I pick more than one? Christmas market food in Munich, my mom's pot roast at home, and steak for 7 straight days in Argentina - best steak - you can taste the difference :)  

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image

• Options

Week? Fruit/Veggie? 24 weeks/Canteloupe

How are you Feeling? Is baby moving yet? Feeling tired by the early afternoon and my ankels are now swollen :-( . Baby has been moving a whole lot more and I love it!

Upcoming appointments? I have my follow up A/Stoday to check baby's heart vessels becuase the tech could not see them at my first A/S. They also want to follow up on his height and weight because he was measuring 1 week and 1/2 early. Updates? Late today maybe.

Rants? Besides my ankels none. Raves? I have been getting a packet almost every day with items I have ordered for the baby, so many cute baby stuff!

GTKY: What's the best meal you have ever had and where? Pernil (which is pork shoulder) with rice and beans. It's a Puerto Rican dish. I have it ever time I go to PR super yummy!image

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

image image  

• Options

Week? Fruit/Veggie? 22 weeks - papaya 

How are you Feeling? Is baby moving yet? I'm feeling pretty good.....I'm just wondering where my 2nd trimester energy surge is at....Baby moves daily, I still wish is was more often though

Upcoming appointments? Updates? Jan. 27th

Rants? Raves?

Rave: Our nursery is 90% complete!!! I'm so excited to have it done before tax season really kicks in!

GTKY: What's the best meal you have ever had and where? Oh, another loaded question for a pregnant woman!

There is a restaurant in Georgia called the Dillard House.....it was really good! Also, A steak dinner at a local jazz club rocked my socks ;)

• Options
    @Sparklingdiamond  Maybe we can be tax season buddies and try to keep each other sane! Do you work for a large firm or a small one?

@Jcrewgirl85 My placenta recheck is on the 27th. Here's hoping both have moved....for us and our DH's sakes :)
  • Options

Week? Fruit/Veggie? 21 weeks, pomegranate.

How are you Feeling? Is baby moving yet? Feeling good, just have to pee ALL THE TIME. The baby is moving and I love it.

Upcoming appointments? Updates? I have a MFM appt next Wednesday to do a fetal echo on baby boy's heart. I'm all kinds of terrified right now and just hoping that it's nothing major.

Rants? Raves? Rants would be just being at work. I'm really not in the mood to be here. Raves is feeling the baby move. It's like he knows I am worried sick and keeps moving to let me know he's still in there and not to forget that.

GTKY: What's the best meal you have ever had and where? Hmmm...ever?? I'm not sure if I can pinpoint just one. I always really enjoy the meal at this Brazilian steakhouse here where they serve unlimited meats and they are all so delicious! I always have to basically be rolled out of there.

BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• Options

How are you Feeling? Is baby moving yet? Feeling good, just have to pee ALL THE TIME. The baby is moving and I love it.

Upcoming appointments? Updates? I have a MFM appt next Wednesday to do a fetal echo on baby boy's heart. I'm all kinds of terrified right now and just hoping that it's nothing major.

Rants? Raves? Rants would be just being at work. I'm really not in the mood to be here. Raves is feeling the baby move. It's like he knows I am worried sick and keeps moving to let me know he's still in there and not to forget that.

GTKY: What's the best meal you have ever had and where? Hmmm...ever?? I'm not sure if I can pinpoint just one. I always really enjoy the meal at this Brazilian steakhouse here where they serve unlimited meats and they are all so delicious! I always have to basically be rolled out of there.

Is it brazerios? We have one of those here as well!
  • Options
    @83Edwards - fingers crossed for you. I am going to lose it if I can't have sex until the summer. I know DH will lose it too. Do you know how long you have to typically wait until after a scheduled CS? I'm thinking worst case scenario here....

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image

• Options
    83edwards said:

Is it brazerios? We have one of those here as well!

No, it is Fogo de Chao (Cao?) - I think it is a chain but it's a pretty expensive restaurant.
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• Options
    I'm 21 weeks tomorrow. Pomegranate.

I'm actually feeling fine most of the time. I have an upset belly depending on what I eat. And a little heartburn. I've been feeling the baby some, but I can't wait til we can feel her on the outside.

My next appointment is Feb. 4. It's just a regular checkup.

I can't think of a favorite meal. I do like the cheesy shrimp and chicken from T.G.I.Fridays.
  • Options
    Week? Fruit/Veggie?
    24 weeks, cantaloupe!

How are you Feeling? Is baby moving yet? Feeling good, just normal pregnancy aches and having to pee all the time. Baby moves quite a bit-
    Getting fun to watch sometimes!

Upcoming appointments? Updates?
    Just had an appointment on Monday. Everything looks great. OB put in a memo for my C/S be scheduled. According the e-mail I received I think it might be scheduled for May 1! Waiting for confirmation on that.

Rants? Raves?
    Rant- just wish I wasn't so hungry all of the time.
    Rave- New diaper bag and car seat arrived this week! Love them both and so excited to start preparing for baby's arrival soon.

GTKY: What's the best meal you have ever had and where?

Last spring I went with DH to Vegas on a trip he had to take for work. (He has to go every May for a huge conference.) Our anniversary was close so he made reservations for us to have dinner at Le Cirque in the Bellagio. It was SO incredible! I had scallops for an appetizer, chicken stuffed with foie gras, and this amazing chocolate dessert, and the best glass of red wine I have ever had.

Mommy to three beautiful boys! 
    Benjamin Michael 5/17/10
    Lucas Gabriel 3/26/12
    Graham Jonathan 5/1/14

• Options
    Week? Fruit/Veggie? 23, grape fruit
    How are you Feeling? Is baby moving yet? Just tired. We had pretty bad winds come through yesterday and my allergies did me in. I just want to nap.

Upcoming appointments? Updates? I don't think I have anything until a recheck the first week in Feb. Oh, technically not true, I guess. We're seeing my nephrologist (kidney) on Friday and will start making a plan for post delivery. (With DD I had pre-e and had mag, which shot my kidneys that are already at risk from a kidney disease, and they failed about 2 wks PP with all of the fluid loss. Clearly trying to avoid that this time)

Rants? Raves? Kind of a long story, but DH got a job this week! Doing the same job he's been doing, but we thought we had to rotate out (military civ), and now we don't. Yay! More importantly, we've been trying to paint the inside of our house for 6mo and there are paint swatches all over the walls... Point is, now we don't have to rush and we can enjoy our choices.

GTKY: What's the best meal you have ever had and where? Small hole-in-the-wall Italian joint: tortellini Alfredo with lump crab meat. Mmmmm

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    83edwards said:
    @Sparklingdiamond  Maybe we can be tax season buddies and try to keep each other sane! Do you work for a large firm or a small one?

@Jcrewgirl85 My placenta recheck is on the 27th. Here's hoping both have moved....for us and our DH's sakes :)
    A small one!  There is only three of us, but we still do quite a few returns along with all of the normal bookkeeping and things!
  • Options
    Week? Fruit/Veggie? 23 weeks, grapefruit

How are you Feeling? Feeling good, exhausted by the end of the day. Never really feel like making dinner, but I push through. Also heartburn is a bitch, but I can deal

Is baby moving yet? I finally feel the flutters more consistently, I can't wait to start feeling kicks

Upcoming appointments? Updates? I have a regular appt on Feb 3. Can't wait to hear that heartbeat again.

Rants? My husband is working a ton of overtime so I don't see him as much, right now

Raves? My mom picked up my paint samples, so she'll be by tomorrow to paint a section of the baby's room, can't wait!!

GTKY:What's the best meal you have ever had and where? Filet Mignon at Michael Jordan's Steakhouse at Mohegan Sun. So damn good, expensive but good. Can't wait to go there again in a few months
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"