December 2013 Moms
Options

Thrush

penelopemariapenelopemaria member
edited January 2014 in December 2013 Moms
I think my poor man has thrush. I didn't even know about thrush until I googled his symptoms (white film on tongue and fusses when I put the bottle in his mouth). Doctor google provided some home remedies which I will try, but should I visit the peaditrician as well? Is it a concern?

DS #1 born 12.3.13
BFP #2 09.21.14 EDD: 06.06.15

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Thrush

• Options
    Definitely go see the pedi. Does he have white anywhere else in his mouth (cheeks or throat)? Like PP said, a white tongue is not necessarily a sure sign.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My pedi actually said the tongue is not a good indicator because it will almost always have some white on it. My lo also has some white right inside his cheeks and that's okay too. Thrush would be all over the inside of the mouth.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Also check his diaper area; according to my pedi thrush tends to show up there too (white patches/dots on the skin).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I thought I had thrush and called the on who have me a script. Then I saw the LC at G's pedi appointment and it turned out to be a staph (staff?) infection instead - don't just guess, talk to your on or an LC to make sure it gets treated correctly.
  • Options
    swirl25 said:

Also check his diaper area; according to my pedi thrush tends to show up there too (white patches/dots on the skin).

Just want to add lo can have this and it doesn't necessarily indicate thrush. So confusing! It can be a fungal rash without thrush. I say go to pedi to be sure. :)
  • Options
    My LO has thrush, and I took her to the pedi just to make sure, they have her some medicine that I give her 4X a day and I really think it's helping, she's doesn't fuss much at the bottle and actually enjoys the pacifier now. Id just make sure you get her medicine because I hear it can be difficult to get rid of
  • Options

My pedi actually said the tongue is not a good indicator because it will almost always have some white on it. My lo also has some white right inside his cheeks and that's okay too. Thrush would be all over the inside of the mouth.

My LO just has white on her tongue, and the inside of her lip is barely tinted a bit white and she's got thrush. No patches around her mouth or anything, I took her to the pedi to make sure and it is for sure thrush, also no diaper rash. She said my LO has a very mild case of it but I'm glad we caught it early.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"