Nurseries and Baby Gear

crib paint question

Ok ladies I have a couple crib questions.  A friend gave us a beautiful crib BUT it has some damage from her LO that needs to be sanded and repainted.  We want to repaint with a different color.  My questions are, have any of you done this?  What paint did you use? From my research Lullaby Paints are supposed to be completely safe and I was also told that the Disney paint is safe (e-mailed the company to make sure, now just waiting on reply).  DH is great with wood work, but we both want to make sure LO is safe with the paint.

BabyFruit Ticker

image     image

Re: crib paint question

• Most manufacturers have their version of a non toxic paint, and if you seal your crib after, you can use any paint or spray paint really (as long as it's lead free!). If you search Pinterest, there's lots of tutorials. People do like Milk Paint and lullaby paints a lot though. I personally, wouldn't spend the up charge on those paints and just find a good non toxic sealer.

Favorite TV Mom: Tami Taylor
  • LOs changing table was like that. DH sanded and used a spray paint (something from the hardware store). It sticks fir the most part however there are areas.where it has worn off a wee bit (not in chips, maybe more of tiny flecks occasionally wjhere it is rubbed a lot by us leaning over). We're not sure if it didn't dry enough between coats or if needed more sanding, we did not do a sealer though. Luckily it is not something that she's unattended around so no mouth action happening.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"