June 2014 Moms

Weight Gain.

13»

Re: Weight Gain.

• 7 lbs at 17 weeks, but 5 lbs between my 8 and 16 week checkups, so I'm picking up speed!!
  • I gained 24 pounds at 19 weeks. Not worried because doctor hasn't said anything about it and I can lose weight fairly quickly after giving birth (by eating clean and running). I've done it before and can do it again. I even eat healthy, I don't know what's making me gain so much!
  • Loading the player...
  • jshropjshrop member
    edited January 2014
    Sometimes it's just nice to know that you're not the only one. I'm not comparing myself to the slight weight gainers, or even the weight loss folks. I just want to know I'm not the only one. I know I'll take the weight off when the baby comes. As long as I'm not just eating a ton of processed junk and hurting le bebe, I'm learning to come to terms with it.
    So just because you do fine with it means everyone else should?

I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean @curlylocks3. That post was in response to @LilNunz1. My point was that I actually don't mind the weight thread because it allows me to feel "normal." It's been difficult to feel like the weight gain is out of control. When I saw that some have gained, some haven't, and others (like me) have gained a bunch, it eased my fears. It just showed me that everyone's pregnancy is different. It made me feel better.
    Edited because I can't spell! :)
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
    June '14 September Siggy challenge- Favorite things about fall

• edited January 2014
    7lbs at 19.5 weeks -- I gained 4lbs in the last monthish, which was a little shocking.

Edit: Though, my doctor and I are aiming for a total gain of 20lbs, since I started out overweight.
    Vote on my Baby Names here!
    VOTE on my Name List
    Surprise! Baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • jshrop said:
    Sometimes it's just nice to know that you're not the only one. I'm not comparing myself to the slight weight gainers, or even the weight loss folks. I just want to know I'm not the only one. I know I'll take the weight off when the baby comes. As long as I'm not just eating a ton of processed junk and hurting le bebe, I'm learning to come to terms with it.
    So just because you do fine with it means everyone else should?

I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean @curlylocks3. That post was in response to @LilNunz1. My point was that I actually don't mind the weight thread because it allows me to feel "normal." It's been difficult to feel like the weight gain is out of control. When I saw that some have gained, some haven't, and others (like me) have gained a bunch, it eased my fears. It just showed me that everyone's pregnancy is different. It made me feel better.
    Edited because I can't spell! :)

But if your doc isn't concerned, then why are you? I just feel these threads cause more harm than do good. It makes me sad to see a poster say "I feel like a cow!" How is that remotely helpful?
  • jshropjshrop member
    edited January 2014
    @Lilnunz1, I see what you mean, I personally take *nearly* everything said here in jest (with the obvious tragedy, health scare, anxieties). I understand this thread isn't really helpful, but weight gain was something I'm interested in so that's why I clicked on the thread. I can't speak for OP intention of creating it. I didn't particularly take this as a self-esteem bashing thread.
    ETA: also, I'm pretty sure my doc is a flake. Kinda worries me but I feel like I'm too far in to switch now (?). I asked her about weight gain and what should I be worried about nutritionally, and the only thing she told me was "read the book what to eat when you're expecting". I really love my NP tho.

• I understand @jshrop, I think we may have similar feelings for this thread. I was nervous to click on it because I had no idea in what direction it was taken, so maybe I had a little bit of @lilnunz1 fears too. But I have felt guilty for my lack of weight gain (overall -1lb but I am trying to focus on the +3 I have gained since 1st trimester). Even though I am not alone of still dealing with nausea at 20 weeks, it just felt better to know that I am not the only one in this boat (not that any "boat" is better than any other).
    The tricky part is navigating our feelings about our weight/body image/expectation that society has kind of forced on us and usually comparison makes those worse. I hope none of the participants or readers walked away feeling more guilt...but it is always a risk.
    I try to remind myself that all women, all pregnancies, and all babies develop uniquely and differently...but it isn't always a magic pill. :)

imageimage 

http://media.thedailytouch.com/2013/08/lets-do-this-ucas-gif.gif

• 18w3d and 4lbs. I was overweight to begin with and so my midwife is not concerned. Considering I gained 12lbs in the first trimester alone with my first, I'm feeling okay about it too.

Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm 19 weeks and up 10 lbs. however you still can't even really tell I'm pregnant it's frustrating. I find myself constantly comparing my bump to others online.
  • +4 lbs at 16 1/2 weeks... Gained nothing until nausea subsided at 13 weeks.
  • 6 lbs at 20 weeks. Trying to eat healthy while lying on the couch. I'm waiting for all that energy I've been reading about to come my. I'm sure all my muscle has turned into fat.
  • I am 18w2d and gained 4lbs. Ftm
  • I gained 15 pounds in 20 weeks. Starting to get a rounder face and my thighs are getting bigger so I sadly I know it's not all baby. As long as baby is healthy I am happy. And I know weight watchers can begin June 4. :)
  • 10 lbs @ 17 weeks. But I gained 6 lbs in 5 weeks and my doctor said no more than that for my next visit. Thank you holiday cookies. And pie. And poppycock. And pizza?
  • ~6/7 pounds at 20 weeks.  I gained 25 pounds with my 1st pregnancy and this is on par with what I was at 20 weeks last time.

ETA: I was/am of average weight to begin with

• elittler said:
    You guys are missing out on all the wonderful, glorious food! Join us! image

I love everything about this. And now I wish I had cake.

• -18 pounds at 17w3d. I am a weight loss surgery patient (one year post-op) trying to eat as much as possible! It's a struggle to get to 1500 calories a day. Nutritionist appointment tomorrow!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• 6 lbs at 20 weeks. Trying to eat healthy while lying on the couch. I'm waiting for all that energy I've been reading about to come my. I'm sure all my muscle has turned into fat. :-q
  • 0 lbs at 17 weeks. Starting to get worried because I am already underweight :/
  • +1.5lbs at 18 weeks. Thanks to food aversions and ms.
  • 9-10 lbs @ 20 wks
  • ~9 pounds at 20 weeks. Had only gained 3-4 pounds up till a few weeks ago and have suddenly started stacking it on!

Same here!!!
  • 19w4d gained 15lbs. Cow feeling seems to being around.
  • wtfisup said:
    16 pounds in almost 19 weeks. My MW and I talked about it yesterday. Since I was a "bigger woman" (I hate that -- I feel like as a size 12 I'm a pretty normal woman) the recommendation would have been to gain around 15-20 pounds in pregnancy, so clearly that's fucked. So I'm aiming to "slow down" my gain for the second half of pregnancy. Nixing all sugar, juice, etc. It sucks, because I eat pretty healthy -- no fast food, very little junk food, lots of meat and veg. It's just that a) it's winter in Ohio and b) I took a new sedentary job, and c) I gained about 9 pounds in my first trimester from sleeping and being able to eat nothing but mashed potatoes. 

I pretty much lived on mashed potatoes, Mac n cheese and grilled cheese sandwiches. I'm so happy to back to mostly normal eating habits.
  • +4 at 17 weeks...waiting for the body dysmorphia to hit...bracing myself...
  • Gained 7 pounds at 20 weeks
  • edited January 2014
    Update: had my 20 wk appt yesterday I'm up 5 lbs since last visit so now total gain 11 lbs which she said was normal. Yeah it would be nice if I could give up my daily bagel with cream cheese and jam breakfast (or dinner or midnight snack at times) along with chocolate and everything and anything that's a CARB but you know, I already gave up wine so I gotta have something to enjoy lol. I think all ladies are beautiful and as long as we are healthy you know I say we should enjoy eating for two!!! It's the one time in our life we can "justify" that GIANT bowl of ice cream lol. :-) I do try to walk every day so I don't feel as guilty lol.
  • 11 pounds, 17 weeks. But how did I gain 4 pounds in 3 days, I have no freakin' clue. I think water retention is messing up numbers up and down.

I never weigh myself but I'm gonna start jumping on scale once a week to avoid too rapid gain. Ideally I'd like to gain slowly and steady.
  • ~9 pounds at 20 weeks. Had only gained 3-4 pounds up till a few weeks ago and have suddenly started stacking it on!
    Same here!!!
    SAAAAME. Except I'm up 7 right now. I was up 3 for all first tri up to 16w... then all of a sudden, hello 4 lbs! 

No idea.
    Vote on my Baby Names here!
    VOTE on my Name List
    Surprise! Baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • 5lbs in 18 weeks. Trying to eat 6 small meals a day and planning to slowly get back into the gym this week. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Up 10lbs @ 20w4d. Feeling a little more "junk in the trunk" :\">
  • Down another lb at 19 weeks. Total of -15 lbs. over weight to begin with.
  • At my 17 week check-up, I had gained 10 lbs. 
    & I don't like it! But the midwife said my gain is fine and she is not at all concerned. 
    The scale is my least favorite part of the visit. My next one is next week... 
    They had this chart on the wall at my midwifery, which made me feel better. Hope it helps you feel better, too. 
    image  image
    Baby GIRL born June 12
  • -17 weeks at almost 20 weeks. I always lose during pregnancy but this by far has been the most I've ever lost. Typically I lose about 10 lbs each pregnancy and then another 20 to 30 after the baby comes. But then I gain it all back because I'm lazy and deal with post partum depression each time so I binge on peanut butter m&ms. Sigh
    DS 1 Alex born May 28, 2007 7lbs 14oz
    DS 2 Aiden born November 29, 2011 9lbs 1 oz
    DS 3 Lucas b/d February 26, 2013 at 18w6d Forever our angel
    DS #4 due June 13, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"