Attachment Parenting
Options

Bedsharing issues: Update + PIP

edited January 2014 in Attachment Parenting
A few days (weeks?) back I wrote about our bedsharing issue. Many mentioned sidecarring DS' crib and I explained that due to my type of bed (a platform) I didn't think this was safely doable.

Well, I did it. Now I need to know if I did it right. Help?

His crib mattress is on the 2/3 position. A bit lower than my mattress (1/4 inch). I had to remove my second mattress because initially my bed was way too high. I put the safety rail at the foot of my bed. Being a platform base, should I nail a 2x4 to retain my mattress in place or would you recommend getting a new base altogether?

Hopefully this allows me to regain my sanity...

PS The bumper is here to stay. Head bumps are sad, but volontary head banging at 3 am is downright scary.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Best Answers

Answers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks! 9months old, time is flying by!

The thing with the mattress is that it "shifts" which would create a void... So far no issues though. We'll see! Thanks again! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    pixieprincsspixieprincss member
    edited January 2014

Way to go!

Your saying that the adult mattress slides on the platform base and thus creates a gap (versus the kid mattress moving)? If so, I do like your idea of framing the mattress in on one side to create a barrier so it doesn't move. Our kid mattress moves a bit, and I don't even like that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"