1st Trimester

No egg implantaion and no misscarriage symptoms?

My period was due on Jan. 3rd. I am always on time. When it didn't come and I started getting sore breasts and slight waves of nausea I decided to take a home pregnancy test. I took a test on the morning of the 6th and the 7th. They were both faintly positive. I went on to my ObGyn on the 9th for a blood test. They called me the 10th and I said I was showing small amounts of HCG and wanted me to come back that day for another blood test to compare the levels. Today (13th) I received a phone call saying my egg and sperm didn't implant so I was miscarrying. I was not allowed to talk to a doctor and I am pretty sure the girl I talked to was not a nurse. She really couldn't answer any of my questions. I told her I did not have any cramps or bleeding. I have had tender breasts, fatigue, frequent urination, slight dizzy or nausea spells and a headache. After telling her that (and her telling me none of those symptoms had to do with a miscarriage) she said they could write me a prescription for the pain and to come back next week to make sure my HCG levels properly dropped. Today I took two pregnancy tests and they both turned positive with strong color within a minute. I am so confused. If your egg and sperm ever implanted together how would you be pregnant to start with? This is my first pregnancy and it came as a surprise to my husband and I. I have so many questions but the office wont give me any answers. Has anyone else been through this? As of today I would be beginning my fifth week. Thanks in advance!

Re: No egg implantaion and no misscarriage symptoms?

• I would get a 2nd opinion if you feel like they aren't giving you all the info.

Married: 6/4/2005Start TTC early 2012 May 2013: PCOS Diagnosis August 2013: Uterine Septum Removal November 2013: 1st round clomid, ovidrel trigger December 2013: 2nd round clomid, ovidrel trigger, BFP!!! August 2014: Baby girl arrives! February 2016: Ready for #2 May 2016: starting again with clomid, ovidrel trigger June 2016:  BFP!!! EDD: 2/21/16

• i'm sorry your going through this. Can we call it an embryo because its not just a sperm and an egg at this point. Call your DR back and ask for your numbers and have them explain it all to you. You can have pregnancy symptoms after a miscarriage. symptoms are not a solid sign of a viable pregnancy. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Embryo makes sense to me today but sperm and egg is exactly what the lady told me. I am calling another office for a second opinion tomorrow. I was at work when they called and in such shock today but now the anger of being in the dark and feeling brushed to the side has really started to sink in. I have researched and talked to other wome who have had miscarriages and successful pregnancies and they like you ladies say the story just doesn't add up.
  • You definitely need to call the office and tell them you need the doctor to call you.  If you have questions, your doctor's office should answer them.  Honestly, I did have a miscarriage with my first pregnancy and the doctor's office was nasty about the whole thing and wouldn't answer my questions.  I switched to a different office and I delivered my DD through them.  The new office was sweet, understanding and they don't care if you call with questions.  Definitely call your doctor's tomorrow and try to have a conversation with them.  If that doesn't work out, do not hesitate to switch offices.  
  • I am going for a second opinion as soon as I can. I guess it's this intuition everyone talks about but I still think maybe it will be ok...if I had "bad bloodwork" or whatever on Friday I thought surely I would show symptoms by now. Even just slight symptoms
  • What were the two numbers?  Did they double?

Most likely, they are implying you are having a chemical pregnancy, which is where the sperm/egg meet, but the egg fails to implant.  Generally you start AF right around your normal time, or shortly after.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I called the office several times and left messages and no one called me back. I asked for levels after I did my second round of blood work last Friday but they told me to wait until I had the second test results back. So I still know nothing and will be calling several doctors offices tomorrow until I get in somewhere else. I wash my hands with that clinic.
  • Me too. Even if it's a miscarriage I at least want some support and advice on what to do and how long to wait until we try again
  • When I left messages yesterday I told them so far I had no cramps or anything. As of this morning I still don't. I will call again a day if I need to until I find something out. The not knowing is horrible
  • SquiddlySquiddly member
    edited January 2014
    What the heck? I'm glad they called you back and you got some info and you're getting more tests, but I still think you should try to switch doctors. The fact that the woman you spoke to gave you bizarre and misleading information and then they took three days to call you back is unacceptable. 

ETA: They should KNOW how far apart your blood draws were.
  • Awesome! I was hoping you would update us, Glad to see it was a mistake. Good luck!

Oh yeah..... change doctors. LOL
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker    
  • Believe me I'm getting my results tomorrow and I already have another appointment set up for Febuary with another doctor! I know I'm still not in the clear until I get those results tomorrow but at least I have some relief! Thanks for your support ladies!
  • I am so sorry youre going through this. Talk about stress!

27 y/o - Dx with PCOS 7/10/13 - Started on Metformin 8/26/13.

BFP - 11/19/13      EDD - 7/18/14

Anniversary 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Congratulations, that's great!  What a roller coaster.

DD1, born 4/10/11 at 32 weeks
    Cooking #2 :)  Due 9/18/2014

BabyFruit Ticker
  • So happy for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"