September 2013 Moms
Options

is it ok?

My son is 3 months 2 weeks old and can't hold his head up more than an inch or two when on his tummy. He can't stand to be on his tummy any longer than 5-10 minutes.

Re: is it ok?

• Options
    I haven't been to his pediatrician since December 4th. We don't go back until the 30th
  • Options
    He holds his head really well sitting up and when I lay him on his tummy on my chest. I'm just clueless when it comes to stuff like this since he's my first lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry too much, DS is almost 4 months and still hates tummy time. He's getting better about keeping his head up for longer, but a few weeks ago he mainly just buried his head on the mat and screamed. I found it helps if I play with a light up musical toy in front of him to encourage him and keep him distracted. Just add it to the list for your next trip to the ped!

photo b2867ff1-04fd-412f-991f-a3e09638ec0f_zps4503f4a7.jpg 

• Options
    Have you tried using a pillow to prop her up during tummy time? That's what my pediatrician suggested.
    "She's the tied for the third-funniest person on this board!" -S13 Bumpies

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I put DD on the boppy on the couch so she can see around. She does much better doing that.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageimagePregnancy Ticker
    August '15 January Siggy Challenge "Favorite Mean Girl" 
    Marianne Bryant - Easy A
  • Options
    I feel like this is a better question for someone that has/can see your LO in person to properly assess the situation.  It might be fine, it might not.  There's really no way for us to know through the internet.
    This. Just because you don't have an appt scheduled until later doesn't mean you can't call and make one now for any concerns you might have. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Definitely check with your doctor, they will know how to evaluate your LO. My DD doesn't really do well with tummy time but she has good head control while being held up. Our pedi is satisfied with her, I'm sure yours can give you some advice.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"