1st Trimester

My first - excited and nervous

Found out we were pregnant about a week ago and we couldn't be happier, but I'm constantly worrying. What if something goes wrong? My first appointment with the doctor is at around eight weeks and I'm about five weeks now, we have decided to mostly keep it a secret until the doctor has confirmed. How have you dealt with the constant worry, and how do you keep a secret like that? Have you stared at your belly for almost an hour just imagining what is going on inside?

Re: My first - excited and nervous

• I'm in the same boat, except that we're so excited that we've already told our parents, grandparents, and best friends.  I took another pregnancy test last night just to make sure my HCG is still up, and at first i read the test wrong (thinking I was looking for a + instead of a line) and cried and cried. I'm not having morning sickness or anything so it's hard not knowing if the tadpole is still in there!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

• With my first.... I am pretty sure I took 8 pregnancy tests just to be sure and like you was full of worry. I constantly went to the washroom to make sure I wasn't bleeding.

My only advice is to go with it. Read about pregnancy, educate yourself and enjoy. Stress and worry is not good for you or the baby. Life will bring you whatever it will bring you- beyond your control. Worry about things as they arise...try not to worry about the unknown.

We told our parents and best friends immediately
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats! It's hard not to worry- I still check for bleeding every time I go to the bathroom. I still take hpts just to make sure I'm still pregnant! Try your best not to worry, hard as it may be. It seems so difficult for me, but its probably because its our first. Good luck to you!
    <{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 <a href="http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Trying to Conceive">BabyFruit Ticker}>
  • I think it's safe to say the worry doesn't go away. It is hard to keep such a huge secret, especially when you're so excited and all you want to do is tell everyone! The decision on who to tell and when varies for person to person, but I waited to tell mostly everyone except my parents until after 1st tri. I lay in bed every night with my hand on my belly, just wishing it would turn into a bump and looking forward to the day I feel something in there! Good luck and try not to worry yourself to death. The only thing you can do at this point is take care of yourself!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I constantly worry too! In the beginning I also took probably 8 HPT. But have not since. I told my BFF immediately and then families at 10 weeks. Just told work now that I'm past 12 weeks. Another dr appt this week! I tell myself the obsession is normal!! I very little twinge is just confirmation it's still there!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thank you soo much, it helps to know other people feel the same way. My doctor's appt can not come soon enough, but my husband has been helping me to worry a little less, and I've been reading through every information I can get my hands on!
  • I'm glad to know i'm not alone! I'm 6 weeks and had my u/s today. I feel better knowing that everything looks ok. My best friend miscarried at about 10 weeks and while i'm so incredibly excited to be pregnant with my first, watching a friend go through a miscarriage makes it that much more real for me. I'm staying positive though. Trying my best to enjoy and be happy about the news!
  • I feel the same way I am 5w4d  I keep worrying if everything is ok.  We see our doc around 7w3d  DH keeps telling me to relaxed not that easy
    imageimageimage
  • Wait.... what? Yoplait? I need to hear this story!!!
    I still go to the bathroom to check and make sure I'm not bleeding.  But what helped me is READING...reading as much as I can.  I'm sure I looked like a goofball in the Barnes and Noble trying to decide which pregnancy books to buy. 

What I had to stop doing was "internet educating" myself because I was driving myself crazy with worry over what I was seeing out there.  The books really help to dispel a lot of the rumors... like whether or not you can eat Yoplait yogurt.

I'm sorry...I'm still giggling about that. 

:)) =))

• There was a debate about yogurt? I want to know as well! I remember a professor once said it was live bacteria and their poop or something, but that it was still good for you
  • Like you, I'm about 90% thrilled and 10% terrified! For me, the more reading and research I do, the better I feel. I don't know how women ever got through pregnancies without the internet, lol! I frequent several websites including this one, am constantly googling every little thing I feel (or DON'T feel!), and every time so far, I've found that everything is pretty normal. However, if you feel your emotions are beyond worries and extending into anxiety, be sure to mention it to your doc. Hope you feel better soon! :)
  • I am almost 5 weeks and I feel the same. I check for bleeding every time i go to the rest room. I had a miscarriage last year so I am just praying that everything will be okay this time around. Prayer helps a lot!!!! Just pray...what is to be will be...
  • Distraction is key. I took a lot of bubble baths, buried myself in work, watched lots of netflix, and drank fake wine.  You'll make it through! I'm almost 14 weeks and the only people we've told is immediate family.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I also feel the same way.  I am super excited but really nervous something will go wrong.  I am only five weeks and my doctor won't see me until 11 weeks!!!  It seems like forever to make sure everything is ok.  I don't want to tell people until I go to the doctor to confirm either so its only me and my husband that know.  I am trying to just have good thoughts and if something happens worry about it then.  But easier said then done.
  • easier said than done but really try to relax the best you can. I am a worrier too so I know where you are coming from. 

• I found this article today and it's very helpful for those of us that are new at this and full of worry. :)https://www.fitpregnancy.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-health/stress-less

*January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails*

imageimageimage

• Dprat02 said:
    I also feel the same way.  I am super excited but really nervous something will go wrong.  I am only five weeks and my doctor won't see me until 11 weeks!!!  It seems like forever to make sure everything is ok.  I don't want to tell people until I go to the doctor to confirm either so its only me and my husband that know.  I am trying to just have good thoughts and if something happens worry about it then.  But easier said then done.
    Either it is or it isn't. If it isn't, there isn't a damn thing they can do.

Be happy you don't need an earlier appointment. That would mean you are having complications, have previous losses, or went through fertility treatments to get pregnant. None of those are something you want.

I agree. I had about 4 u/s the first trimester due to bleeding and eventually they saw I had an SCH. Having a "textbook" pregnancy is a blessing. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"