School-Aged Children

If your kids have gone back to school by now...(winter break over?)

How crazy did they drive you? Did they eat you out of house and home the way mine did? 

Re: If your kids have gone back to school by now...(winter break over?)

• I was happy they went back.  Being home 2 1/2 weeks and not being able to go outside because it was -10 (-20 w/wind chill) the last several days did not help the situation.  The roads were horrible too so we couldn't really go anywhere either.  I think they were happy to go back and see all their friends and get back into the routine. 
  • Well, because I'm a teacher, school holidays = paid vacation days for me, although I always have papers to grade and prep to do. So I'm generally never ready to go back to school.  But I do get to the point with my own kids where it's enough snacking, enough video games, and enough petty squabbles.  They were both ready to go back to school on the 2nd.

That being said, I got sick on New Years and missed the first day back, then we had a snow day last Friday.  During the freezing low temps this past week, a water main broke right outside of my school building, and my school was closed on Tuesday and Wednesday of this past week, although my own kids had school as usual. 

So, since 12/20, this is only the third day I've actually taught my students, and today we have a two hour delay because of freezing rain.  I haven't seen one of my classes since before break and they're on a weekend field trip today.  I will not have seen those students from 12/20 to 1/13!!

I'm never going to get through my curriculum this year!
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm glad DS is back in school because I know how much he loves it. He was missing his friends and his activities.

For DD and I, I'm glad to be back to a routine...however the roads are still bad and DD stopped napping, so we are still suffering from cabin fever.

• No, we had a ball! Loved every minute of it :-)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"