September 2014 Moms
Options

"your not that pregnant"

That's what I got told today by my boss.....  I told her my due date and she goes oh your not that pregnant... lol honey your either pregnant or not... LOL 
Married 08-04-13
BFP 12-31-13
EDD 09-01-14

image"Lilypie">

Re: "your not that pregnant"

• Options
    Wow. That was inappropriate of her to say.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would have went off lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ya she's not too bright... LOL  She was happy for me....  it was just how her words came out.... 
    Married 08-04-13
    BFP 12-31-13
    EDD 09-01-14

image"Lilypie">

• Options
    Umm, wow.  That seemed uncalled for and quite insensitive.

• Options
    She probably just meant you're not that far along. She certainly could have worded it better, but it doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me. Although, it sounds exactly like something my supervisor would say and I've had 2 years of practice dealing with her "different" kind of personality, so maybe I'm just used to comments like that.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Options
    oh yea i'm sure she didn't mean it badly...it was just funny how she worded it....  I work in retail so i try and remember people say things without thinking :)  My manager above her was like oh ok congrats.. no emotion.....  another dept manager gave me a big hug and a little scream lol  thats when the manager with no emotion looked up and i told her and shes like oh ok... lol its funny how people have different reactions. 
    Married 08-04-13
    BFP 12-31-13
    EDD 09-01-14

image"Lilypie">

• Options
    Wow what a lovely lady! *insert sarcasm*
    imageimage
    Emery January 1, 2010
    Alayna December 15, 2011
    Angel baby #1 December 1, 2013 4wks 2 days
    Angel baby #2 February 2, 2014 8 wks
    TTC on Hold
  • Options
    When I showed DH my second positive, his reaction was "Pppphhht, Barely!" Then he pulled me on the bed and we giggled about it. In his defense, it was a squinter!
    BFP 11/24/2012  MMC 1/21/2013 - BFP 3/29/2013  MC 4/8/2013 - BFP 4/25/2013 MC 5/6/2013 - 5/17/2013 Diagnosed with LPD - BFP 8/24/13  MC 9/6/2013
    BFP: 12/19/13  - Beta 1@11dpo: 26.8 - Beta 6@23dpo: 3,672
    Our Rainbow Son Born August 26, 2014
    Lilypie - (nueR)
    All ALers welcome!
  • Options
    I guess I wouldn't have thought anything about this, because I have already described myself as "a little bit pregnant." Different strokes for different folks, y'all.
    image        image
  • Options
    When I called my doctor I said "Well, I'm sort of pregnant."  She laughed at me.  I think it's different coming from someone else though.  If I'm saying it, it's funny. :-)

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    Ha! I got a rather unenthusiastic reaction from my DH as well. I told him to go to the bathroom, where I had 2 pee sticks on the counter.  He just picked one up, turned it over a few times, and looked confused, then said "So, what does this mean?".  I had to explain it to him, even though it said "2 lines=pregnant" right ON the stick he was holding! Jeeez!  So anticlimatic!  I got a good laugh out of that one.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, she def gets the nomination for twatwaffle Tuesday!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"