Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Pack and Play Recs

Hey everybody, I'm looking for a PnP recommendation.  I am trying to decide bet the one with the changing table/carriers or the basic one.  I am due in June, and plan to use it initially as our basinette.  TY!

Re: Pack and Play Recs

• Options
    I know we have a Graco but I don't know the exact name (we got it from a trusted friend). It's the one with the changing part but not a basinette part. It has an attachment to make the "bottom" higher when baby is smaller (I hope that makes sense). The first few weeks home I was thankful for the changing station (we don't have a changing table because when DH was little he was climbing off his own very early so we decided to just use a rug on the floor plus we don't have space for it in the nursery) but now we don't use it. LO will be 15 weeks tomorrow and we still use the part that makes the bottom taller as she isn't climbing out of anything yet. 
  • Options
    We have a Graco wih a changing table, which has ended up to be a wasted feature. IMO the changing table is unnecessary.
    Can't figure out the signature thing, so here's the short, short version.....first daughter born on November 10, 2013. She was conceived through the magic of IVF after 2+ years of TTC.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The research I did said the changing feature was useless as it felt too flimsy and that newborn napper is flimsy as well. I just got basic pnp ad LO has been sleeping in it since birth ( she is 3 months)
  • Options
    I have two.  We bought an Eddie Bower with the changer and then we got an Aprica as a gift.  They both had the bassinet insert.  We used the Eddie Bower in our room for DS to sleep in the 1st 6 months and I had the Aprica in the dining room for him use during the day.  The Aprica was bigger and easier to set up/take down.  The changer on the Eddie Bower was useless.  It would tilt significantly when I would lay DS in it because it was only supported on one side. 

Our 45 pound Australian Shepherd jumped in the bassinet part of both of them and they held up.  She only stayed for a few seconds but I knew I could trust them to the 15 pound weight limit.    
  • Options
    We have one with the changing table part. We hardly use it because it's not very flat and so LO rolls to the side, plus it's at a height that is kinda awkward and hurts my back. The floor is much easier. It also has the raised floor to convert it to a bassinet which we have used a lot.
  • Options
    I have the pnp in my room, it has the changing table and infant sleeper. I took the infant sleeper out and use that half for her clothes and diapers. The changing table is so convienient we love it. She sleeps in a RNP but will eventually sleep in the pnp in our room unless I feel ready to let her go in her own room
     BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby GIRL due 12/26
  • Options
    This is the one we bought, and it's absolutely fantastic! Very affordable, and easy to set up and take down for travel. Every single piece is removable and washable, so you can keep it clean and even sell it when your LO grows out of the newborn bassinet part. We're going to keep ours for now, since the change table part is highly convenient, and we will use the playpen mattress for a travel crib when needed. It'll be great for camping and sleepovers!

I would recommend it, absolutely.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"