2nd Trimester
Options

diaper bag recommendation

We are working on our registry and I want to choose a diaper bag that has all the compartments to be practical, while still being a reasonable size and appropriate enough for my husband to feel comfortable carrying. Does anyone have recommendations of your favorites?

Re: diaper bag recommendation

• Options
    The Skip Hop Duo has been highly I recommended to me. Also a lot of people like the Diaper Dude. People have also suggested we have more than one diaper bag...one for each off us or one for each car, whichever number is higher. We' been given a few that we don't really care for and hope to keep those in the car, and get ones we like better for ourselves to carry around.
    imageDSC_9275  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sold on the JuJu Be BFF. I checked online recommendations, read reviews and checked them out in store. Then I watched YouTube video reviews as well. We considered two but don't know if we will or not. If we do DH is considering the Diaper Dude in camo.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got a Carter's diaper bag.  It's a larger version of my normal purse, with tons of pockets and comes with a travel changing pad.  I think it all depends upon what style of bag you prefer to carry around with you.
  • Options
    I use an Eddie Bauer diaper bag and I love it. It has plenty of pockets and the size is perfect for what I need. I'm about to have baby #2 and I have a 10 month old so I plan on using the same bag knowing I'll have room to put enough stuff for both kiddos! Just go to babies r us or target and go take a look at what they've got. If you have any of those stores around that are the nice bigger ones, they tend to have a great selection in store.
  • Options
    I really want a Vera Bradley one just because my sister in law had one and it was so comfy to carry unlike most diaper bags. But my brother wouldn't carry it so they got him a "diaper dude" it's basically a messenger style bag. That's actually what they use most of the time. They've had it through three kids

BabyFruit Ticker
    *~*Landon Robert Montoya*~*
  • Options
    @cosmolove, which Vera Bradley diaper bag does your sil have?? I've been looking at getting one (I'm a Vera Bradley junkie, lol) and was wondering which one to get.
  • Options
    @joules235 I've heard this from a few people. My SIL said that she just used an old backpack and was more then happy with the results.
  • Options
    hubbs173 said:

@cosmolove, which Vera Bradley diaper bag does your sil have?? I've been looking at getting one (I'm a Vera Bradley junkie, lol) and was wondering which one to get.

I don't know exactly I know she has two but only really uses one. It's actually a diaper bag by them. I believe it's the largest one they have is the one she liked.

BabyFruit Ticker
    *~*Landon Robert Montoya*~*
  • Options
    I splurged and bought the Marc Jacobs diaper bag bc a) it doesn't look like a diaper bag and 2) I'll def use it beyond babyhood for travelling, etc.
  • Options
    We travel a lot and I chose a Harvey's Seatbelt diaper bag. Plenty of pockets and space and I can throw my stuff in it too! (I've had a Harvey's purse for years....it's practically indestructible!)

• Options
    Anyone use or planning on getting the kate spade basic black diaper bag? I love it but don't know how practical it would really be.
  • Options
    I have the Kate spade diaper bag. It was definitely roomy with many pockets and the nylon was easy to wipe to keep clean. But after a few months I wanted something more compact. It started to feel bulky. Definitely a purse to hang on a stroller.
    DH & I: 29
    TTC #1 4/2009 -  DD 2/5/10
    TTC #2 since October 2011
    2IF issues
    7/2013 - IUI #1: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFN
    8/2013 - IUI #2: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFP! Beta #1 (12 dpiui) 8/21: 45  Beta #2 (16 dpiui) 8/26: 301 Beta #3 (21 dpiui) 8/30: 1,929. 1st Ultrasound 9/4 - One perfect sac. 2nd Ultrasound 9/13 - Heartbeat at 124 bpm! Anniversary  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
  • Options
    I want this bag but my hubby's is like it's not practical so idk
  • Options
    I bought this one:
    Skip Hop Diaper Satchel, Chelsea Downtown Chic
    https://amzn.com/B00DHFJUQK

The price is reasonable, this brand holds up well and it's fashionable. I couldn't care less whether my DH wants to wear it or not. If I tell him to, he will.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    So many great suggestions! Thank you all. :)
  • Options
    @hubbs173 I can't speak from experience as I'm a FTM, but I got a vera Bradley pleated tote for Christmas for my diaper bag. It had many good reviews for diaper bag uses

https://www.verabradley.com/product/Pleated-Tote/154943/defaultColorVariantId/173189/p/154943.uts
    BabyFruit Ticker

June '14 February Siggy Challenge
    Picture of DH and I on top of Mayan ruins, Altun Ha, in Belize

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I think it really comes down to personal taste. I love the Petunia Picklebottom bags, but I won't spend that much money on a diaper bag. I've had a couple of Carter's bags, and they're my favorites. Good price, lots of pockets, lots of size variation from bag to bag depending on what you need. They can be difficult to find, though. Ross had a bunch over Christmas for $15. :)

• Options

Honestly, I stopped using a "diaper bag". They're just not big enough! I bought this bag from "31" and it's perfect. https://www.thirtyonegifts.com/catalog/product/169/catid/18/swid/941a/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"