September 2013 Moms
Options

Worst Mommy Ever!

I just proved that I do deserve the worst mommy ever award.

Today is the first day of day care (at a center) for DS. I had his diapers, wipes, and bottles labeled. I had his clothes packed and all next to the front door so I wouldn't forget. I went to work early today so I could leave work and drop him off for his first day. H called to see if he needed to bring anything but our baby and I said nope. I felt amazing until I realized that I had forgotten his breast milk. Thank God H called me or else I would have brought our son to day care with no food. Big time mommy fail.
Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

Re: Worst Mommy Ever!

• Options
    I forgot Alexis's formula before and had to go back home to get it.

• Options
    I just had to laugh at myself. I thought I was so organized and had it together. It couldn't be farther from the truth.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've done worse... I was out shopping with my mom and Lo was in her carseat in her stroller sleeping so when we were leaving I just put her carseat in the base and we went on our way. When I got home and took the blanket off I realized I never strapped her in. I guess I was just used to her being strapped in I didn't think of checking under the blanket before we left. Needless to say I got home and when I saw it I just started bawling... From now on whenever I put her in the car I triple check the straps
  • Options

I've done worse... I was out shopping with my mom and Lo was in her carseat in her stroller sleeping so when we were leaving I just put her carseat in the base and we went on our way. When I got home and took the blanket off I realized I never strapped her in. I guess I was just used to her being strapped in I didn't think of checking under the blanket before we left. Needless to say I got home and when I saw it I just started bawling... From now on whenever I put her in the car I triple check the straps

That happened to my friend. She felt terrible. I am sorry that happened to you. I can imagine the stress of "what if"
  • Options
    It happens to the best of us! You are not worst mom.... I've forgot diapers before ha! Whoops.
  • Options
    Don't beat yourself up! I did the same thing last week :-/ We've all been there!
  • Options
    Not the worst mom ever! Definitely could have done worse! I read on one of the boards (can't remember which one) that someone puts their keys on the fridge by the bottles so they can't forget them. I thought this was a good idea, as I am afraid of leaving then behind too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I sent LO to day care without his Paci while he was having a bad teething day, I felt terrible even though the sitter said he was okay.
  • Options
    I have had my fair share of "bad Mommy" moments myself. Don't beat yourself up too much. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"