June 2014 Moms

Your baby's daddy

2»

Re: Your baby's daddy

• I always feel maternal pulls when I envision DH running around pretend playing with LO. DH has a super playful nature and an amazing sense of humor, so my heart always swells to the idea of my LO having such an energetic, attentive, and playful father.
    But I guess until LO is big enough for that type of play...just watching him attempt to entertain LO will be awesome. :)

imageimage 

http://media.thedailytouch.com/2013/08/lets-do-this-ucas-gif.gif

• Loading the player...
  • The pictures and memories I have of DH napping with DD sleeping on his shoulder or belly are some of the sweetest in the world.  And just seeing him, a big strong guy, melt when his baby girl was around was amazing.

Particular to being Team Green, I have to say that when DD was born he got the best look first so he was able to tell me "It's a GIRL!" with tears in his eyes and emotion all over his face as he helped hand her to me.  It's a moment I will cherish forever.

@kahorstman, I'm so sorry.  I mean, everyone should enjoy their last weeks/months before baby comes ... DH and I went on lots of extra dates, slept in as much as we could, did last minute weekend plans, etc ... it sounds like he's being an a-hole about it.  Even when we were enjoying our baby-free months we talked constantly about baby and how excited we were.  I sure hope he comes around because it sounds like he's being really immature and disrespectful of you and the whole situation.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thinking about all the wonderful moments to come is almost offsetting the "what they don't tell you about childbirth" threads! So excited! :)
    Married my Sweetie 8/21/04
    BFP 10/8/2013
    Miss Camryn Marie arrived 6/20/2014

• For me DH would talk about the baby but never seemed as excited as I did but, when Elli was born and he saw her being born, held her for the first time, the look on his face I will never forget. It makes me cry just to type it. He is the best Daddy.

BabyFruit Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic          

J14 May Siggy Challenge

**Colleen Donaghy**

• OMG I TOTALLY LOVE THESE PICTURES!
  • I love this.  I love seeing then interact with each other.  She loves her daddy.  He kisses and talks to my tummy.  
  • I'm another one all teary-eyed reading this thread. My husband is my favorite person in the world... watching him with our kids is one of the things I'm looking forward to the most. He's the most caring, goofiest, most energetic, fun, smart, amazing man... our son is going to WORSHIP him, and I can't wait.

This thread made me really happy. A lot of us have it really, really good, don't we?  Feeling totally blessed.

Karen + Tim  8/17/13
    BLUE baby on the way 6/17/14
  • I loved how DH grew confident in himself. He went from I can't hold the baby (thinking he would some how hurt our son) to being this amazing father. I won't forget seeing him hold our baby for the first time. I had to have a c section and couldn't hold him right away and they handed him to DH. He got this look that said "What am I supposed to do?!?!?" that just melted away to pure amazement and happiness. From there, he eventually was able ti change diapers without looking scared and was able to just hold him comfortably. Those first moments are so amazing and I can't wait to have them with our next LO.
  • I was shocked at how much of a daddy my hubby is. He has always been really great with kids, but he just melts with our 2yo daughter. He does silly things in public, plays all these crazy rambunctious games at home and he takes care of a LOT of the diapers.

I knew he'd be good, but I never could've expected him to be as good a dad as he is.
    Vote on my Baby Names here!
    VOTE on my Name List
    Surprise! Baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • lest12 said:
    I was asking DH about strollers today and his (pretty ridiculous) response was that he wasn't going to use a stroller, he was going to wear the baby "in one of those backpack things". Just so beyond adorable. We went shopping later and saw one in the store and excitedly pointed it out. I could have died there just picturing the cuteness.
    OMG so cute.

To be fair, we never used a stroller for our daughter until she was running around (about 1.5y), we always carried her, either in a sling, carrier or just in arms. Strollers were actually more inconvenient to us - we had two and only used them for long outings.
    Vote on my Baby Names here!
    VOTE on my Name List
    Surprise! Baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Today DH put together the dresser we got for the nursery and I got all misty eyed seeing him do his first daddy duty! :)
    Married my Sweetie 8/21/04
    BFP 10/8/2013
    Miss Camryn Marie arrived 6/20/2014

• It's so amazing seeing daddy with LO..... Just makes me fall in love all over again, awe my boys :) so eager to see what I'm baking this time around

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"