Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Breastfeeding and cramping?

Hi ladies! I haven't been on here since my daughter was born but I'm having some issues that hopefully someone could give me some suggestions on. My daughter is now 8.5 months. I have been exclusively breast feeding since she was born plus baby food now. Recently, within the last week, I began having pain in the ovary area on both sides. It isn't horrible but more annoying. It almost feels like the cramping and achy feeling I had in early pregnancy from ligament stretching. I am not pregnant! Better not be! I have struggled with endometriosis for years but have not been in pain for a while now. I haven't had a period since she was born so can't pin down what this pain could be. Anyone experience anything like this? Thanks in advance!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Breastfeeding and cramping?

• Yes, I have it frequently, and have yet to figure it out. By your lack of responses, I don't think it's terribly common. When LO was born, I expected the cramps as my uterus shrank. By 4-5 months I swore I must be pregnant & took 3 tests (negative) . So for a while I just kept reminding myself I know I'm not pregnant & deal with it. Now that LO has started a few solids (not much) I question if the cramps are ovulation cramps or my period is coming cramps.

They aren't bad, but they still boggle me. My only advice is a pregnancy test to confirm no baby, or ask your doctor if you feel something's wrong. I personally assume the cramps will permanently go away once we're done breastfeeding.
  • I started experiencing that a couple of weeks before I got my first pp period and then I felt them again when I was ovulating with some clots.  They were pretty painful and lasted for almost a week each time.  It may mean that your body is getting ready to ovulate?  Mine also started about a month after my little one started solids even though it seemed like he was nursing just as much. 

September Sig challenge: Fall
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you for the responses! Sounds very similar. Last night I had bad pain on one side and it felt like I was ovulating. I also have some back pain and weird discharge. I'm assuming my period has been trying to come back. I may take a pregnancy test just to be sure but I would be shocked! Guess it's hard when symptoms are similar!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"