May 2014 Moms

Monday Bitchfest

What do you got, ladies?
BabyFruit Ticker 

image image image image image
Married since June 2012
EDD May 2014

Re: Monday Bitchfest

• My phone died at 3 am, despite the fact that it was 100% charged when I went to bed. Luckily I woke up to it's little "I'm dying" noise, so I could set another alarm. But I've basically been up since 3am. 

Also, today at work: ALICE drill with freshman girls. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. 
    BabyFruit Ticker 

Married since June 2012
    EDD May 2014
  • My phone died at 3 am, despite the fact that it was 100% charged when I went to bed. Luckily I woke up to it's little "I'm dying" noise, so I could set another alarm. But I've basically been up since 3am. 

Also, today at work: ALICE drill with freshman girls. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. 
    What's an ALICE drill?  I feel dumb :-p

I have to meet with a client today and don't want to.  I like the client, but I have soooo much other stuff that needs to get done and am feeling overwhelmed.  And this won't slow down until tax season is over!
  • Loading the player...

What's an ALICE drill?  I feel dumb :-p

I have to meet with a client today and don't want to.  I like the client, but I have soooo much other stuff that needs to get done and am feeling overwhelmed.  And this won't slow down until tax season is over!

It's kind of a new thing, so don't feel dumb. It's a drill for what to do in the event of an active shooter. It replaced the "lockdown" drills, and basically says everyone in the building chooses whether to lockdown or evacuate based on your proximity to the shooter. 

So when we do drills, someone comes over the intercom with a hypothetical situation and tells us where the "shooter" is in the building, and we have to discuss as a group whether we should try to run for the door, go out the window, barricade ourselves in the room, etc.
    BabyFruit Ticker 

Married since June 2012
    EDD May 2014
  • My kid is going thru a major sleep regression. She's also had had her two top, middle teeth about to pop thru for a couple weeks. During the last week there have been three nights that she's been up 3+ hours in the night on top of waking up and crying every hour-two hours. I'm effing tired.

I'm reading the sleep easy solution. We've tried straight up crying it out in the past but without a lot of success. Any other ideas from STM+? She's 14 months.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Nora - 10.26.12

Henry - 5.9.14

• My kid is going thru a major sleep regression. She's also had had her two top, middle teeth about to pop thru for a couple weeks. During the last week there have been three nights that she's been up 3+ hours in the night on top of waking up and crying every hour-two hours. I'm effing tired.

I'm reading the sleep easy solution. We've tried straight up crying it out in the past but without a lot of success. Any other ideas from STM+? She's 14 months.

The top middle teeth are no joke! We're fighting molars right now. I hate teeth.

Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• This is not usually my style, but I have to bitch about my husband today.  It's been a week since he got a concussion.  He has not taken it seriously at all and is still having major headaches, fogginess, occasional trouble remembering words when he is speaking, and his personality is weird.  Like, he's usually so easygoing and he's really really short-tempered.  I'm not mad about that.  I'm mad because he won't SIT THE FUCK DOWN.  I realize we have a lot of work to do on the house but he should not be painting, rearranging furniture, looking shit up on the Ipad all day...I'm dragging his ass to the doctor today.  I don't understand why you wouldn't just deal with it now instead of letting it get worse in the future.
    Anniversary 
  • DS's recent sleep habits are driving both DH and I crazy.  He has to be in bed with us and have both of us in the bed or he throws a tantrum...even when I get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, he wakes up and starts screaming bloody murder and will work himself into such a tizzy it takes another half hour to calm him down.  And forget putting him in the crib...CIO did not work..at all.  We are miserable and sleep deprived.  Yesterday I even had some slight MS for the first time in weeks...I think from lack of good sleep.

I am also sick of people driving on their cell phones or texting and not paying attention.  I live in a busy part of Houston.  Get off your darn phone and pay attention to the road.  You pull out in front of people. You make me slam on my breaks and almost get rear ended. You slow down traffic.  You are just being an entitled douche by thinking your phone call or text is more important than paying attention to your driving and slowing us all down...not to mention putting everyone else on the road at risk.     
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • My kid is going thru a major sleep regression. She's also had had her two top, middle teeth about to pop thru for a couple weeks. During the last week there have been three nights that she's been up 3+ hours in the night on top of waking up and crying every hour-two hours. I'm effing tired. I'm reading the sleep easy solution. We've tried straight up crying it out in the past but without a lot of success. Any other ideas from STM+? She's 14 months.
    Me, too!  And CIO did NOT go over with us. At all. My son cried until he didn't have a voice. I felt like the worse Mom ever.  He apparently did not get the memo that all the other Mom's kids got to quit crying eventually.  He just kept on..and on..and on.   

• @marielynnk - Only in a school zones around here.  Not that the law prevents them from doing it anyway.  Seriously, this annoys me so bad.  We have enough problems with traffic and congestion without drivers not even paying attention to the road.

• It's my first day back at work from winter break and my car battery is dead. Of course, DH is on a 48 hour shift. Thank goodness the teacher in the class next to mine lives up the street from me. Not how I wanted to start my day...
  • I am tired of my husband trying to be in a pissing contest with me.  We had a busy day yesterday trying to buy materials for some work we are having done this weekend.. and as we were both pushing a 300 pound cart through Menard's, as I was huffing and puffing while holding a toddler.. he asked what was wrong.  I said my back is throbbing.. and he was like yeah, me too. UM, this is not a pissing match.. I am pregnant.. carrying a 30 pound toddler, we have been working all day and I am also helping to push this cart.. so back the eff off.

Last night I couldn't fall asleep, finally did and of course my toddler woke up 2 seconds later.  It was after 11 when I finally fell asleep, only to be woken up at 330 by DS again, brought him into our bed where he tossed/turned/scratched my face for 20 minutes before settling down.  Woke up 2 minutes before my 5 am alarm.  I was not a pleasant person this morning.. so when my DH asked how I was and I said tired.. he was like, I know right?  Um no, you don't know. you fell asleep at 9 and slept soundly all night, while I got 5 hours of broken sleep thanks to our clingy toddler and another baby who makes me pee every day hour.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• LUCKY22LUCKY22 member
    edited January 2014
    Empireceo said:
    This is not usually my style, but I have to bitch about my husband today.  It's been a week since he got a concussion.  He has not taken it seriously at all and is still having major headaches, fogginess, occasional trouble remembering words when he is speaking, and his personality is weird.  Like, he's usually so easygoing and he's really really short-tempered.  I'm not mad about that.  I'm mad because he won't SIT THE FUCK DOWN.  I realize we have a lot of work to do on the house but he should not be painting, rearranging furniture, looking shit up on the Ipad all day...I'm dragging his ass to the doctor today.  I don't understand why you wouldn't just deal with it now instead of letting it get worse in the future.
    Concussions are no joke! Good for you for making him go to the doctor today. Hope he gets the message!  Good luck - I know men can be stubborn!

• @ibackbevo CIO was a massive failure for us too. She cried for over an hour. I felt horrible. My sister convinced me to keep trying but after three days and no progress I couldn't handle it anymore. That was prob 3 months ago now.

She was up from 11-3 last night. At 2 am I was so done trying to get her to sleep. I just put her in her crib and sat in the rocker. She put on a show for me for a full thirty minutes - dancing, jumping, clapping for herself. Every once in a while she'd lay down like she wanted to sleep but within 5 minutes she's pop back up and laugh.

I feel like it's just getting worse and I'm on my own most nights without DH. I can't do it with her and newborn so we have to figure something out in the next few months.

Nora - 10.26.12

Henry - 5.9.14

• Couldn't fall asleep last night to save my life.  Went to bed at 9:30, tossed and turned until midnight, got up to pee, put the kid back in her own bed, then tossed and turned some more.  Then when I finally fell asleep I had a long dream that I was still tossing and turning and watching the clock.  So I'm not actually sure how much sleep I got last night.
    Professional Thread Killer
  • @ibackbevo CIO was a massive failure for us too. She cried for over an hour. I felt horrible. My sister convinced me to keep trying but after three days and no progress I couldn't handle it anymore. That was prob 3 months ago now. She was up from 11-3 last night. At 2 am I was so done trying to get her to sleep. I just put her in her crib and sat in the rocker. She put on a show for me for a full thirty minutes - dancing, jumping, clapping for herself. Every once in a while she'd lay down like she wanted to sleep but within 5 minutes she's pop back up and laugh. I feel like it's just getting worse and I'm on my own most nights without DH. I can't do it with her and newborn so we have to figure something out in the next few months.
    DS cries non-stop if we even put him in his crib now.  When we tried CIO, DS cried for over 2 hours...until he lost his voice.  At that point, it was so sad I could not take it.  I felt like I was committing child abuse.  At first our problem was just the RNP, but now he won't even go in the RNP.  He wants both of us in bed with him. Last night, DH finally took DS into the other room so I, at least, could sleep.  He said DS cried for 45 minutes even with him in the bed with him...At this point, I would just let him sleep in the bed with us if he/we would actually sleep.  But he wakes up every time I wake up (to go to the bathroom) and cries when I leave for 5 minutes. I have to go to the bathroom every hour or two. This just isn't working...and I have no idea how to fix it.

• My kid is going thru a major sleep regression. She's also had had her two top, middle teeth about to pop thru for a couple weeks. During the last week there have been three nights that she's been up 3+ hours in the night on top of waking up and crying every hour-two hours. I'm effing tired. I'm reading the sleep easy solution. We've tried straight up crying it out in the past but without a lot of success. Any other ideas from STM+? She's 14 months.
    We are having sleep issues, too...I blame 2 year molars :( 

We did his official sleep training even he was 8 months after 4 straight months of regression. He would wake up every 45 minutes all night long. We did  CIO as a last resort and it was great...you just have to be consistent. I hope you find something that works! I can totally commiserate with sleep issues...I'm not looking forward to that part again! 
  • My PPBF is that I hate having to get my cars smogged. I have to take my truck in today and I really don't want to. I hate being an adult. 
  • Empireceo said:
    This is not usually my style, but I have to bitch about my husband today.  It's been a week since he got a concussion.  He has not taken it seriously at all and is still having major headaches, fogginess, occasional trouble remembering words when he is speaking, and his personality is weird.  Like, he's usually so easygoing and he's really really short-tempered.  I'm not mad about that.  I'm mad because he won't SIT THE FUCK DOWN.  I realize we have a lot of work to do on the house but he should not be painting, rearranging furniture, looking shit up on the Ipad all day...I'm dragging his ass to the doctor today.  I don't understand why you wouldn't just deal with it now instead of letting it get worse in the future.

Glad he's going to the doctor and I hope everything's ok!
  • IBackBevo said:

@ibackbevo CIO was a massive failure for us too. She cried for over an hour. I felt horrible. My sister convinced me to keep trying but after three days and no progress I couldn't handle it anymore. That was prob 3 months ago now.

She was up from 11-3 last night. At 2 am I was so done trying to get her to sleep. I just put her in her crib and sat in the rocker. She put on a show for me for a full thirty minutes - dancing, jumping, clapping for herself. Every once in a while she'd lay down like she wanted to sleep but within 5 minutes she's pop back up and laugh.

I feel like it's just getting worse and I'm on my own most nights without DH. I can't do it with her and newborn so we have to figure something out in the next few months.

DS cries non-stop if we even put him in his crib now.  When we tried CIO, DS cried for over 2 hours...until he lost his voice.  At that point, it was so sad I could not take it.  I felt like I was committing child abuse.  At first our problem was just the RNP, but now he won't even go in the RNP.  He wants both of us in bed with him. Last night, DH finally took DS into the other room so I, at least, could sleep.  He said DS cried for 45 minutes even with him in the bed with him...At this point, I would just let him sleep in the bed with us if he/we would actually sleep.  But he wakes up every time I wake up (to go to the bathroom) and cries when I leave for 5 minutes. I have to go to the bathroom every hour or two. This just isn't working...and I have no idea how to fix it.

It's so frustrating. I bought The Sleep Easy Solution, but I haven't read much yet. It's essentially a modified CIO with specific details on what to do with different aged kids. I prob won't be able to actually try it for a couple weeks due to my work schedule and not having a long enough stretch off to be consistent. I'll let you know how it goes. N

Nora - 10.26.12

Henry - 5.9.14

• ugh, add me to the insomnia crew. Apparently the baby thinks my bladder is a squeeze toy or something. I got up to pee six times last night. SIX TIMES! Each time I had a terrible time falling back asleep, only to be awoken soon after to pee again. Grrrr. I'm not a happy camper today!
    Charlotte June, Born May 29, 2014
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yeah, I'll jump on the lack-of-sleep train with you ladies!

We had a super stressful Saturday, which was supposed to be the day we set-up the nursery, but then the new closet doors didn't fit in the crooked door frame and then there was water in our basement ... not fun! So my husband and I went to bed late and super stressed out. And then our cat was an a-hole all night, crying and scratching at the door, then when we gave in and let him in and he started knocking stuff off our dressers.

So, yesterday we were both zombies and tried to get the nursery done anyway ... needless to say the crib is still in the box :(
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Empireceo said:

I'm no medical professional by any means, but this sounds like a bit more than a concussion, like possibly a traumatic brain injury. Not to freak you out, but my H has a TBI from an IED in Iraq and these sound like his symptoms. I've also worked with vets who have concussions vs TBIs. He needs to be seen.

imageimageimage

• Tried to squeeze in a few extra minutes of sleep today. Next thing I know my MIL is blowing up my phone with baby name suggestions that frankly suck.

I also have to deal with car insurance companies today since some chick ran into my car a week ago. Luckily the baby and I are fine.

Let's all just crawl back into a nest of blankets and try again tomorrow.
  • My bitch is that an acquaintance of mine posted a photo of her naked kids on FB, privates and all in the bathtub. I reported the photos immediately, but I just can't imagine why she thought this was okay. She's a terrible parent and I'm pretty sure already under investigation with CPS. I just feel so terrible for her kids.

imageimageimage

• I hate my co-workers. They're stupid and their unsolicited advice is annoying (even if it's not towards me)

Sorry, that's my default when I've got nothing else. Three and a half months until my due date, and two and a half days until I'm OOT for work. *sigh*
    Anniversary
  • This is not usually my style, but I have to bitch about my husband today.  It's been a week since he got a concussion.  He has not taken it seriously at all and is still having major headaches, fogginess, occasional trouble remembering words when he is speaking, and his personality is weird.  Like, he's usually so easygoing and he's really really short-tempered.  I'm not mad about that.  I'm mad because he won't SIT THE FUCK DOWN.  I realize we have a lot of work to do on the house but he should not be painting, rearranging furniture, looking shit up on the Ipad all day...I'm dragging his ass to the doctor today.  I don't understand why you wouldn't just deal with it now instead of letting it get worse in the future.
    I'm no medical professional by any means, but this sounds like a bit more than a concussion, like possibly a traumatic brain injury. Not to freak you out, but my H has a TBI from an IED in Iraq and these sound like his symptoms. I've also worked with vets who have concussions vs TBIs. He needs to be seen.
    I know.  I've researched enough to know that it's a possibility and and I'm scared.  Which makes me particularly frustrated that he won't treat it seriously.
    Anniversary 
  • Went for a followup A/S to see if the choroid plexus cyst on LO's brain had resolved itself, and the tech spent most of her time taking pictures of his heart, then disappeared for 20 minutes to talk to the radiologist. So now I'm worried that he has a cyst and a heart issue, and have to wait until my OB appt to find out what the tech saw. (which is tomorrow, thank god, any longer and i might implode).
    Tobin Chase, born April 20, 2014
  • My bitch is that an acquaintance of mine posted a photo of her naked kids on FB, privates and all in the bathtub. I reported the photos immediately, but I just can't imagine why she thought this was okay. She's a terrible parent and I'm pretty sure already under investigation with CPS. I just feel so terrible for her kids.
    Whoa, dude!

That is so horrible.

BabyFruit Ticker

• My 3.5 yo son, who is 95% potty trained (pull ups only at night), has started peeing in his pants/on the floor. He goes to the bathroom when he needs to go, but instead of peeing in the toilet, he just pees in his pants or pulls his pants down and pees on the floor. WTH, DS??
  • i would also like to complain about the wackos coming out of the woodwork

also, that i used up too much data on our phone plan so i cannot stay accurately on top of things.

my life feels apocalyptic. i'm roaming around searching for signs of free wifi.

• Oh! and! we are moving at the end of the month (yay!) but our landlord informed DH the other day that we need to putty any holes from the very few things we have hung on the walls, paint, and shampoo the carpets or he will deduct money from our security deposit. meanwhile we will have all of our stuff moved out the morning of the 1st and a new tenant is moving in that same day.
    sounds to me like the landlord is just trying to shirk off his responsibilities on us because he didn't give himself enough time to prep the apt for the new tenant.
    well, i'm calling BS on it all because i combed through our lease and we aren't held responsible for any of that.
    pregnancy has made me feisty so he better watch it.
  • Kay, I don't usually have anything relevant to bitch about, but today I do. Sort of embarrassing for DH, but I don't care right now. Last night I was just on the verge of falling asleep, before midnight even. Then DH taps me on the leg and says good night and rolls over. So I make a couple kissy sounds, all very typical what we do every night stuff. But he takes it as a hint that I want to get it on. So, since he woke me by tapping on my leg, I'm just like whatever lets do this, maybe I can get back to sleep. It was literally a wham bam deal. He was done way too quickly, and he just kept on saying sorry sorry. Didn't expect that blah blah blah. And I'm there like WTF just happened, we're done now?! Then he just goes to sleep, and I'm wide awake, until well after 3am I'd say. To make it worse, my 3 year old who usually sleeps until 6am actually slept in, and my 1 year old who typically sleeps until 9:30 woke up at 5:30. So now I'm exhausted and mad at DH for leaving me in the lurch...yah, that's my bitch for the day. More personal then I would normally go, but that's that.

DS#1 - Apr 22, 2010
    DS#2 - Oct 26, 2012
    DS#3 - May 28, 2014

• Oh! and! we are moving at the end of the month (yay!) but our landlord informed DH the other day that we need to putty any holes from the very few things we have hung on the walls, paint, and shampoo the carpets or he will deduct money from our security deposit. meanwhile we will have all of our stuff moved out the morning of the 1st and a new tenant is moving in that same day.
    sounds to me like the landlord is just trying to shirk off his responsibilities on us because he didn't give himself enough time to prep the apt for the new tenant.
    well, i'm calling BS on it all because i combed through our lease and we aren't held responsible for any of that.
    pregnancy has made me feisty so he better watch it.

Moving south? ;)

imageimage image

BabyFruit Ticker
  • IBackBevo said:

My kid is going thru a major sleep regression. She's also had had her two top, middle teeth about to pop thru for a couple weeks. During the last week there have been three nights that she's been up 3+ hours in the night on top of waking up and crying every hour-two hours. I'm effing tired.

Me, too!  And CIO did NOT go over with us. At all. My son cried until he didn't have a voice. I felt like the worse Mom ever.  He apparently did not get the memo that all the other Mom's kids got to quit crying eventually.  He just kept on..and on..and on.   

The first time we did CIO he screamed for 2 hours until he puked. Then I still had a tired, fussy kid and puke to clean up. We tried again about a month ago and it seems to have worked. I think they all will get there in their own terms. Some take longer than others. I'm lucky (?) enough that DH is gone more often than home so DS never got used to sleeping with both of us and the nights with both of us was actually harder than when it was just one. I hope you both get your kids sleeping in their own beds soon!!

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• My bitch is that an acquaintance of mine posted a photo of her naked kids on FB, privates and all in the bathtub. I reported the photos immediately, but I just can't imagine why she thought this was okay. She's a terrible parent and I'm pretty sure already under investigation with CPS. I just feel so terrible for her kids

I'm curious now - how old are her kids? 
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • My husband was leaving for a business trip tomorrow and I was going to go with him because it's in the same city my sister lives in. Well, he found out this morning it's been cancelled. I was really looking forward to 5 days in a different city, nice hotel, seeing my sister and where she works, etc. Now I have to go to the grocery store because we're out of food because, you know, I was planning on leaving tomorrow. Blah. 
  • IBackBevo said:
    I am also sick of people driving on their cell phones or texting and not paying attention.  I live in a busy part of Houston.  Get off your darn phone and pay attention to the road.  You pull out in front of people. You make me slam on my breaks and almost get rear ended. You slow down traffic.  You are just being an entitled douche by thinking your phone call or text is more important than paying attention to your driving and slowing us all down...not to mention putting everyone else on the road at risk.     

I honk and swerve at these people. OOPS! :)]

I especially love when it's summertime, and I catch soccer moms in their minivans, with their 50 kids, chatting on the cellphone while driving. I roll down my window and yell at them. We've lived in a hands-free state for a few years now, and I had no tolerance for that shit to begin with.

Also cannot stand people who smoke in their cars, but more so parents who smoke with their kids in the car.

My bitch for today?

WTF with all the randoms? Did you ladies just wake up yesterday, 20+ weeks pregnant, and decide you could hop on here and start tossing your 2 cents around like you know anyone here? Bitch please, we are a family now. You have to pay your dues before you're allowed to pop-off on someone with your BS opinions.

I love the late intros - literally, not snarky like. Welcome to the party late ladies, it's nice to meet you. <:-P

imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"