September 2013 Moms

Baby Life Hacks

Lets share our baby life hacks!!!

Here's mine...

When baby has a blow-out; pull the onsie off by sliding it down rather than over her head! This helps prevent poop from getting all over!

Re: Baby Life Hacks

• When there is a blow out - I throw a receiving blanket under her to keep the changing pad cover clean - it's easier to wash receiving blankets than change the cover every time.

Ive done this too... works great
    Melissa (30) & Chris (30)
    BFP Oct 16, 2012 M/C Nov 10, 2012
    BFP Dec 31, 2012 EDD Sept 12, 2013

Brody was born on September 23, 2013 at 6.33am weighing 8lb 14oz.  
    Hes our angel... :)

• Loading the player...
  • I've thrown a target plastic bag on the changing pad under her so the diaper and wipes can go directly into it, keeping changing pad cover clean.

BFP: 1/17/13 EDD: 9/20/13 Dalenna Rose Born: 40 wks 4 days 9/24/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

FTM to my sweetpea Miss D.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• jdoud77 said:

We have the munchkin diaper pail - it requires blue refills. What we did was cut the bottom out of one refill and put a regular garbage bag in there so we no longer buy refills. We are saving tons of money.

This is genius... thanks so much!

Melissa (30) & Chris (30)
    BFP Oct 16, 2012 M/C Nov 10, 2012
    BFP Dec 31, 2012 EDD Sept 12, 2013

Brody was born on September 23, 2013 at 6.33am weighing 8lb 14oz.  
    Hes our angel... :)

• This may be an obvious one, but as a new mom I didn't figure it out until a few weeks in- for baby socks that won't stay on, tuck the pants into the socks :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I put socks on LO's hands at night to keep them warm. Now that he's not swaddled his hands end up freezing if I don't.

imageimageimage

• This probably isn't applicable to a lot of people, but when baby won't fall asleep in his RnP next to my bed and cries as soon as I stop rocking it, I turn my body so that I'm lying across the bed sideways and use my feet to rock. Instead of my arm getting tired and being awake and annoyed that I have to rock it, I can be like half asleep, keep rocking, and baby is still happy.
  • This is a great thread! Thank you!
  • jenny5o5 said:

Sitting on a giant exercise ball and bouncing with LO is a great way to bounce them with minimal effort... Calms my DDs hysterical fits better than rocking or the 5s's

We still bounce our 2 year old.

image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Mine is for traveling:  When we travel with an infant, I pack all her outfits in gallon-sized Ziploc bags.  A bag has all parts of the outfit: onesie, pants, socks, bib, etc., so no matter who dresses baby, the outfit matches and has all its parts.  This also prevents socks from getting lost in the luggage.  I re-use the baggies as wet bags if the clothes get soiled or for another trip if they don't get used for dirty laundry.
    What a great idea!  We just tried traveling and our flight got cancelled (although they decided to send our luggage anyway).  I will have to try this next time!
  • Mine is for traveling:  When we travel with an infant, I pack all her outfits in gallon-sized Ziploc bags.  A bag has all parts of the outfit: onesie, pants, socks, bib, etc., so lono matter who dresses baby, the outfit matches and has all its parts.  This also prevents socks from getting lost in the luggage.  I re-use the baggies as wet bags if the clothes get soiled or for another trip if they don't get used for dirty laundry.

I do this for all our kids. Saves me so much time before, during and after our trips! I write each kids names on the bags so anyone, including the kids, knows who the outfits belong to.

Boy #3!

BabyFruit Ticker

• NukkeNukke member
    edited January 2014
    We do teh poo thing but use one cloth wipe under her bum instead of a full receiving blanket.

and nurse with a bib on LO.  It probably seems like common sense, but it took me a full week of nursing before I figured out what bibs are for and stopped struggling with receiving blankets.

Oh, and for those CDing... unbutton the rise on the CD BEFORE you take it off baby, not just the waist buttons!  It's so much easier than trying to unbutton the rise while simultaneously trying not to touch the soiled part of the diaper, while hovering the CD over the bin.  you know you've done it.

• Nukke said:

We do teh poo thing but use one cloth wipe under her bum instead of a full receiving blanket.

and nurse with a bib on LO.  It probably seems like common sense, but it took me a full week of nursing before I figured out what bibs are for and stopped struggling with receiving blankets.

Oh, and for those CDing... unbutton the rise on the CD BEFORE you take it off baby, not just the waist buttons!  It's so much easier than trying to unbutton the rise while simultaneously trying not to touch the soiled part of the diaper, while hovering the CD over the bin.  you know you've done it.

Why do you unbutton the rise? We always just leave it.
  • Ntymec said:

Some just leave it, but I think it's better to unbutton so it washes better.  I also notice (especially with my bamboo diapers) that they dry much better with the rise undone. And lastly, to me, it's much easier for stuffing the diaper after the wash if the rise is undone.
  • Adrd47 said:
    Ntymec said:

Some just leave it, but I think it's better to unbutton so it washes better.  I also notice (especially with my bamboo diapers) that they dry much better with the rise undone. And lastly, to me, it's much easier for stuffing the diaper after the wash if the rise is undone.
    @Nukke - Do the inserts wiggle out better in the wash if you unbutton the rise?
    None of my inserts wiggle out at all.  Do yours?  Even my totsbots (that are supposed to) don't.  I've got a small portable washer though, so it doesn't get the same amount of agitation other bigger washers give.  So at every diaper change, I pull out the insert before I drop it in the bag.
  • Adrd47 said:
    @Nukke (quoting is too long): Mine do. I thought they were supposed to? I'm confused though- if they don't wiggle out of the diaper then what do you mean when you say you stuff them after they've dried? Not to sound dumb, I'm fairly new to CDing.
    At each diaper change, I pull them out myself to give them and the covers a good wash (since mine don't agitate out on their own).  So all the inserts and pocket diapers are separate in the wash.  So I need stuff the inserts back into the pockets after they've dried.  Some people put their inserts and pockets away separately after they've dried and then restuff them individually at every change.  Others (like me) stuff them all at once after they've dried and put them away stuffed and ready to go.
  • These are great ideas. I always put a clean diaper under the dirty one before I undo it. then when I take off the dirty there is a clean one there just in case she pees again. Everyone else that changes her leaves her bare bottom on the changing pad while they open a new diaper and I'm waiting on her to pee on them.
  • Some of these are pretty obvious, but I did learn a few new tricks. Thanks!
  • I use rubber bands around the bottles if I need to designate a difference. I have twins that are on different formulas, so rubber bands make it easier to show which formula goes to what baby.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"