2nd Trimester
Options

ignorant people ... just need to vent

The ignorance of people never ceases to amaze me. I have GD and have been trying to do a diet and test my blood etc. My co workers are aware of my situation as I need to do this in the office. My gripe is that 2 of the guys I work with think it s funny when they ask me if I would like something (for purposes of this rant lets say a cupcake) and I decline politely .... they bring it over right in front of my face and say mmmm I know you want some like they are taunting me. I have visions of knocking the cupcake out of their hands and telling them where to go. I do not laugh or in anyway indicate that I am okay with this but I have not outright told them how this makes me feel and to stop. It seems to happen relatively frequently. I get so angry that I am afraid I will say something I will regret. Grrrrr

Re: ignorant people ... just need to vent

• Options
    Wow that's so stupid. Eating a sweet in front of someone who can't have it? What are they, 5?!

imageimageimage
    H e n r y  May 21, 2014

• Options
    Blech... Next time ask them if they want to find better material because their joke is getting lame.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    zoeylove said:
    The ignorance of people never ceases to amaze me. I have GD and have been trying to do a diet and test my blood etc. My co workers are aware of my situation as I need to do this in the office. My gripe is that 2 of the guys I work with think it s funny when they ask me if I would like something (for purposes of this rant lets say a cupcake) and I decline politely .... they bring it over right in front of my face and say mmmm I know you want some like they are taunting me. I have visions of knocking the cupcake out of their hands and telling them where to go. I do not laugh or in anyway indicate that I am okay with this but I have not outright told them how this makes me feel and to stop. It seems to happen relatively frequently. I get so angry that I am afraid I will say something I will regret. Grrrrr
    Just tell them to stop. 
  • Options
    Yupp tell them to stop and if they don't take you seriously then speak to your manager about it. Even if it seems like you're "telling on them", yall are at WORK. That classifies it as harassment.
  • Options
    I'm picturing you shoving it into their faces, but that's not appropriate :) I would just tell them stop and if they don't, report them. 
  • Options
    Kimbus22 said:

You say, "I'm really glad you're amused that I have to be careful about what and when I eat because my pregnancy is high risk.  It's great that you can get some fun out of our worries." and walk away.

Asshats.
    What She Said! Jerks!
  • Options
    jennish11 said:
    Yeah, tell them to stop.
    If they don't, talk to HR. 
    This is a form of harassment and absolutely insensitive.

This was my thought too. If it's co-workers, it's definitely a form of harassment and if they haven't stopped after you requested (and you shouldn't even have to ask), then it definitely needs to go to HR.
  • Options
    Smash it in their face.... channel the pregnancy rage!! :)
  • Options
    Start coughing in their food when they wave it in your face. Ugh, what a bunch of douches.
    DH & I: 29
    TTC #1 4/2009 -  DD 2/5/10
    TTC #2 since October 2011
    2IF issues
    7/2013 - IUI #1: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFN
    8/2013 - IUI #2: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFP! Beta #1 (12 dpiui) 8/21: 45  Beta #2 (16 dpiui) 8/26: 301 Beta #3 (21 dpiui) 8/30: 1,929. 1st Ultrasound 9/4 - One perfect sac. 2nd Ultrasound 9/13 - Heartbeat at 124 bpm! Anniversary  

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    thanks ladies....I am not going to report them...one is my boss and the other is a peer ... a manager like myself....neither are mean spirited people just stupid sometimes....I will however tell them how I feel if they continue this nonsense...just needed to vent to some people who get it.
  • Options
    what dorks. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    The fact that your boss is one of them is really abhorrent. He or she should definitely know better. Personally, I would definitely say something to your boss, on the side, because that's unacceptable behavior in a professional setting... And if that doesn't work, I second the coughing on the food idea.
  • Options
    Smack it out of his hand, wag your finger, and say "not in my house" like the guy on the GEICO commercial. 
    Claim to be hormonal if your boss tries to say something. ;)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    zoeylove said:

thanks ladies....I am not going to report them...one is my boss and the other is a peer ... a manager like myself....neither are mean spirited people just stupid sometimes....I will however tell them how I feel if they continue this nonsense...just needed to vent to some people who get it.

You need to say something, the very next time.

"Stop making jokes about my high risk pregnancy. It is very upsetting to me."

image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"