High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Cerclage ladies.

https://www.synergymedical.org/acog/2010/19560112.pdf Was questioning the length of time between having the cerclage removed and actually going into labor and came upon this article

Re: Cerclage ladies.

• Options
    I just asked my OB when he would take the cerclage out. He said unless I'm having contractions, and there's a risk of tearing, it won't be taken out until my 39week induction (for GD). I was surprised to hear this, since most of what I've read, cerclages are removed around 37 weeks. I will double check with my MFM when I see her again at the end of the month, because I know she said she regularly removes them at 37 weeks.

dx PCOS 2007

BFP #1 (natural) 12/23/2010. Stillbirth due to IC 4/2/2011

TTC #2 starting 03/2012

RE starting 07/2012

05/2013 BFP on a Letrozole (Femara)/trigger!

Cerclage, Procardia, Makena, GD (with insulin), MBR, and we made it!  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Our Angel was born sleeping at 20 weeks due to IC.

• Options
    Very interesting. I was worried I would go into labor shorty after removal so this gives me some hope!

BFP #1 - 3/19/09 - M/C  - 4/5/09 6 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 - 7/1/09 - DD born 3/8/2010
    BFP #3 - 11/1/10 - chemical pregnancy
    BFP #4 - 1/2/11 - DS born 9/8/11
    BFP#5 - 7/13/13 - stick baby stick!  Due 4/24/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Had cercalge removed at 36wks I had an elective c/s at 39wks 2days wasn't showing any sign of labor.. Don't be surprised if you make it past due date. :-)
  • Options

Had cercalge removed at 36wks I had an elective c/s at 39wks 2days wasn't showing any sign of labor.. Don't be surprised if you make it past due date. :-)

This is so reassuring. I'm picturing I would go into labor as soon as my doctor removes it.

• Options
    Kayrock18 said:
    This is so reassuring. I'm picturing I would go into labor as soon as my doctor removes it.

Nope :0) Make sure you ask them to ck how much your dilated post removal. I dilated a finger tip and stood that way. At 39wks I was 4cm but no contractions. Its crazy we have a cerclage to keep baby in, once removed baby doesnt want to come out.. :0)
  • Options
    I hope LO stays put after I have mine removed. I've never made it to 36 weeks n on the 14 I'll be 36 n 2 so that's the day I'm having mine done.
  • Options

Kayrock18 said:

Nope :0) Make sure you ask them to ck how much your dilated post removal. I dilated a finger tip and stood that way. At 39wks I was 4cm but no contractions. Its crazy we have a cerclage to keep baby in, once removed baby doesnt want to come out.. :0)

I hope to have a similar experience when my time comes. Fingers cross.
  • Options
    I had mine removed at 36 weeks my son came two days later but I was having contractions the whole pregnancy so much so the removal had to be done in the or due to contractions the stitch was embedded. This preg my doc says the same 36 weeks but shes hoping I make it to at least 38.
  • Options
    Interesting. I was within the 14 day interval. Had mine removed at 36w3d and baby came at 38w exactly. Went into labor naturally.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Got my cerclarge at 14 weeks removed at 35 weeks... Doctor said I would go immediately but nope still pregnant... 39 weeks, but just got my membrane sweep and lost mucos plug contractions are very strong so baby should be here soon :) good luck !
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"