May 2014 Moms

Another GEM.....

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12223913/quick-question#latest

Looking over at Third Tri....just bored on Saturday---This one surprises me quite a bit. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Another GEM.....

• It honestly concerns me that these people can procreate.....

• I wonder if she is still going to go to her ob appointments now that she knows they test for drugs and will call cps at birth.
  • Loading the player...
  • I usually just read for entertainment and move on but it's fun when you know they answer and it's not what they want to hear. Her baby's meconium will absolutely test positive for marijuana

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Nora - 10.26.12

Henry - 5.9.14

• Why do these people even post!?!

• Part of me doesn't actually think she's even pregnant. I feel like she's just a crazy person looking to stir things up and get attention...esp since they called her out on her conflicting posts! I hope that if she is pregnant, someone is able to find her on FB and pull a Slaps4Jesus and report her. As an aside, anytime someone posts "save your comments" or "don't comment if you're going to judge" you can pretty much guarantee they are going to say something that warrants lots of judging!

Mommy to my sweet boy, JG, born May 15, 2014

Baby #2 due 4/26/16!

• Just curious & will ask here instead of giving this crazy any more ideas... I did my clinical rotation at the big local teaching hospital & it's also the one that caters to a lot of lower income, low socio-economic population. We never routinely tested for drugs in baby's poop unless there was reason to... I've never had reason to worry so I honestly don't know if they drug test at prenatal appointments either. This hospital probably does, I know they routinely test for HIV & it's incredibly hard to opt out of that. I'm just completely out of touch of this craziness but it fascinates me.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • It's hard to say if her doctor/the hospital will test. Mostly depends on how her and her guests present themselves at appointment and delivery.

I work in a childrens hospital so I can't speak for normal labor/delivery, but we test if the parents come in smelling like pot or acting inappropriate. Other things like low birthweight and signs of withdrawal can tip docs off. It's not a routine thing by any means but it is also not uncommon.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Nora - 10.26.12

Henry - 5.9.14

• Just curious & will ask here instead of giving this crazy any more ideas... I did my clinical rotation at the big local teaching hospital & it's also the one that caters to a lot of lower income, low socio-economic population. We never routinely tested for drugs in baby's poop unless there was reason to... I've never had reason to worry so I honestly don't know if they drug test at prenatal appointments either. This hospital probably does, I know they routinely test for HIV & it's incredibly hard to opt out of that. I'm just completely out of touch of this craziness but it fascinates me.
    At the hospital I work in (I'm a nicu nurse) we have criteria for testing mom/baby...things like admitted history, no prenatal care, late prenatal care, teenage mother, abruption, etc.  

And just so you know (I haven't read the linked thread), but the state I work in, babies are taken away for testing positive for marijuana.  Yes, it's reported to DFS and they open a case and do a home study, but no babies are taken away just for that reason...they still go home with their parents unless there are other reasons for them not to.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yeh they'd definitely test when there are reasons like low birth weight & withdrawal symptoms. There was a suspected FAS case while I was there :( and another little baby who'd been there for months while mom got cleaned & baby went through withdrawal when I had DD there. You could see she was trying so hard to get her shit straight. So very sad :(

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I couldn't even read past the first page.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Oh oh oh her post from July is fresking hilarious! I thought I missed something b/c she immediately went BSC but she thought MUD was someone threatening to call CPS or something! LMAO!!!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Agree with @sthomas1222. The July thread is even better. Someone said, "I'm calling MUD" and she thought they were calling the authorities. When I used to volunteer as an attorney ad litem for abused and neglected kids, I had a client who was an infant who was removed from Mom in the hospital for testing positive. They then removed the older sister, too. Eventually, parental rights were terminated and the kids were adopted. But I can't say what prompted the testing or if it was routine. The older sister had some serious delays... I am guessing from in utero drug use. She was 3 and didn't speak...at all. Her foster home had another kid of the same age and the difference was obvious.
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • I always want to comment on these ridiculously ignorant posts people make on other boards but I don't wanna be flamed for saying 'hey, you're fucking stupid' on a birth month I don't belong in.
    On the other hand.
    My M14 girls got my back :))
  • Oh Lord! The really really sad thing is I used to work with a girl that straight up admitted that she smoked pot her whole pregnancy. Then she justified it by saying that it obviously didn't hurt him any. Her kid was only like 6 months old at the time so there was still plenty of time for something to show up. The stupid really hurts sometimes!
    image    image

• It wouldn't surprise me if my OB or hospital tested for drugs given that I'm a medicaid patient. But it's never been brought up, so I assume not. Wouldn't matter since the only drugs I get come straight from the pharmacist via RX, but it wouldn't offend me if they did.
    Friends for 17 years. Married 10. TTC since Jan 2009.
    3 IVFs, 4 FETs, 11 transferred embryos, 3 losses (c/p, 6w, 17w)
    2012: Lost "Peanut" at 17weeks to PTL/IC.
     Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    2013: IVF#3/FET#4  Elisabeth CJ born April 30, 2014
    Cerclage, P17, and 3 months of bed rest brought us our Rainbow.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
     Dum spiro, spero.
  • jjones59 said:
    Seriously? She needs to find a new site to post on...
    February Siggy Challenge May 2014: Favorite Wedding Photoimage
  • Yeh they'd definitely test when there are reasons like low birth weight & withdrawal symptoms. There was a suspected FAS case while I was there :( and another little baby who'd been there for months while mom got cleaned & baby went through withdrawal when I had DD there. You could see she was trying so hard to get her shit straight. So very sad :(

That is sad :( a few years ago one of my students was born addicted to drugs. It was in their file that they were taken from mom at birth. It was awful. The student had so many delays, I would go home and cry to dh because why should that child suffer so much because of ignorant parents? It's even worse I think when you know they are trying to get help but they just can't do it. It breaks my heart.
    February Siggy Challenge May 2014: Favorite Wedding Photoimage
  • This is disgusting. No words otherwise.
  • I couldn't read the whole thread, but she sounds fake to me. But the fact that so many woman engage in behavior like this makes me sick.
    My SIL openly drank I front of me when she was pregnant, and told me it was ok because no one else knew she was pregnant yet! Years later when I was pregnant with my first, she gave me bottles of wine as a gift, and told me one or two glasses a night won't hurt. She also to me she smoked pot during her pregnancy because she had no appetite, so that would help her eat. When she told her dr about the drinking, the dr said it was not ok, and asked if she would give a baby wine? She found a new dr.
    This makes me so incredibly mad that some people think it ok to act this way.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

BFP #1 Jan. 2011 - mmc Mar. 2011 
    BFP #2 Aug. 2011 - My sleeping angel Stella, born April 21, 2012 
    BFP #3 Nov. 2012 - mmc Dec. 2012
    BFP #4 April 2013 - mc May 2013
    BFP #5 Sept. 2013 - EDD 5.24.14
  • lol
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • It wouldn't surprise me if my OB or hospital tested for drugs given that I'm a medicaid patient. But it's never been brought up, so I assume not. Wouldn't matter since the only drugs I get come straight from the pharmacist via RX, but it wouldn't offend me if they did.

Do you go to McGuirk? I remember we had a discussion but now I can't remember.
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • RedInLoveRedInLove member
    edited January 2014
    This girl just won't stop! Someone else already established in another one of her stupid threads that her math doesn't come close to adding up based on what she's said so far in all her posts here. I'm convinced it's troll MUD.

ETA apparently I can't stop either. It's hard to, when she keeps coming back for more.

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • Interesting read. My DH's nephew whom is almost DH's age knocked up his girlfriend whom is not yet 20 and they went with us somewhere and I can't remember now, but DH's nephew pulled out a pipe and smoked followed by his GF whom was I think 7 months along in her pregnancy. Yeah, I totally had a jaw dropping moment. I wasn't even pregnant at the time and if I had been I would have totally lost my shit, but it seemed like an every day occurrence to her, she acted like it was nothing. Some people should not be allowed to have kids.
  • I love her immediate "y'all don't know me! Y'all don't know my lyfe!" reaction. I don't think the pot is her problem. I think the fact that she has the attitude of a 14yo girl is.

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"