June 2014 Moms

Your baby's daddy

mjdaviesmjdavies member
edited January 2014 in June 2014 Moms
Now that I'm almost halfway done and the a/s was good, I can't stop picturing my future son with my husband. I'm really excited thinking about seeing my husband and LO asleep together and DH holding our baby in his strong arms. And then when LO gets older seeing DH teach him all sorts of things.

FTMs (and moms with new SOs) is there anything you are looking forward to when it comes to seeing your SO with your baby?

STMs+, what did you love about seeing your SO with your baby. Anything you loved that surprised you?

Edit: by "good a/s" I mean baby was measuring in the normal range for everything. We didn't care if it was a boy or girl. :)

Re: Your baby's daddy

• DH said to me today "Chris and I were just talking about soap box cars and I just got really excited!" It took me a second to realize he was talking about building one with our son :) he's gonna be so amazing with him.

• Loading the player...
  • @hjl050308, not cheesy at all! That's the kind of response I was hoping for and to be honest, reading that kind of made me tear up. Your DH sounds great.
  • @mjdavies, thank you. He is really great.

• If you think you love your SO a lot now, you will fall deeper in love as you see them interact with your LO. DH is an awesome father to our almost 4 year old and I have no doubt he will be awesome for this LO as well.

I dealt with a lot of PPD and DH was awesome. He never thought twice cleaning up after DS with puke, pee, poop or feeding him. He was awesome in keeping us all on track for that first year.

DS #1 born January 2010. DS #2 due June 2014.

• These are awesome responses and I can't wait for the experience of seeing DH see, kiss, and hold LO for the first time.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• My husband will have an entire semester for paternity leave, and he's taking it.  I am so excited to see him "take charge" of the baby-care.  He's nervous about it, but I think it'll be a huge benefit to both him and the baby.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • mjdaviesmjdavies member
    edited January 2014
    Yes!!!! This is making me even more excited! Thanks for the responses and keep them coming!
  • I love reading your responses! At this point, I am just excited to see him hold our child for the first time and fall in love with him or her. I'm sure I will have more specific answers/scenarios when we know the sex.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm looking forward to seeing H kick around a soccer ball with them/help them practice that. I'm also looking forward to seeing him teach them about football.
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • hjl050308 said:
    Seeing my husband hold our first son in the delivery room after my csection and seeing his eyes tear up made me love him more than I thought I could. It sounds so corny, I know. 
    It's not corny (although I probably would've said it was a few months ago.) I tell my dude every few days now that I love him more than I did before. This pregnancy has absolutely brought out the best in him  -- and he was already a pretty awesome guy. 

I know he's going to be an awesome dad (if somewhat prone to spoiling) and I can't wait to see it. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • DS is totally in love with DH and vice-versa. I just love hearing them interact. DH is always trying to reason with DS (who is 10 months old) and DS loves his voice so his giggles the whole time. He also loves to touch and pet DH's beard, which is super cute to watch. And then DH shows DS his video games and asks for DS' advice. Super cute. 

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

• Totally getting teary eyed over here. I'm a FTM and I can't wait for that moment of seeing DH with our LO for the first time. He isn't the most vocal guy with his emotions but he's been saying things like "I can't wait to cuddle and rock our baby to sleep" and "if we have a girl Im going to be wrapped around her little finger" and things like that. When we had an u/s at week 13 (I was having some bleeding, and he was scared but didn't show it) and we saw the baby moving and flexing and kicking he almost cried in the room. And he keeps saying its not fair how he can't feel the baby move yet. I totally can't wait til June!

Baby #1: expected June 2014

Pregnancy Ticker 

• I agree with all PP! If you think you love SO now just wait to see them with you LO! I couldn't take my eyes off of him holding LO for the first time, I didn't even realize I had tears rolling down my face. Great post by the way :) love remembering that moment.
    I also love to see them sleep I could just lay and watch them sleep with a huge smile.

BabyFetus Tickerphoto 2ceebf02-c89c-48f9-aa15-cf2562600e12.jpg
  • I should have just posted my reply and not read all PP! Now I'm crying!

BabyFetus Tickerphoto 2ceebf02-c89c-48f9-aa15-cf2562600e12.jpg
  • I wish I had that feeling. He leaves in two weeks and keeps telling me how much he's going to enjoy his 6 months of freedom and how he doesn't want to talk about the baby right now so that he enjoy what time he has left without responsibilities. I'm almost to a point of just kicking him out. :-/ my daughter doesn't need that in her life...
  • I wish I had that feeling. He leaves in two weeks and keeps telling me how much he's going to enjoy his 6 months of freedom and how he doesn't want to talk about the baby right now so that he enjoy what time he has left without responsibilities. I'm almost to a point of just kicking him out. :-/ my daughter doesn't need that in her life...
    Sorry that he is not being being as supportive as he should be...maybe he is just freaking out over such a huge change in his life?  It's a pretty hard realization for some people to come to grips with even when the pregnancy is completely planned.  Everything does change after the baby is here, for both of you.  I hope he gets it together before too much longer.

As to the original post, I'm a second time mom, and agree that some of the best moments are when your SO/husband holds the baby for the first time or falls asleep with them.  I have also enjoyed seeing the love and pride that my husband has in our son continuously grow; pretty much anything that he does, barring whining or crying, makes my husband smile, laugh, etc..  He pretty much glows when his father visits us to see his grandchild (and us), and even though he is a bit of an introvert, he seems to eat up kind comments from strangers about our son.  It is also pretty sweet seeing him go straight to Cole after the work day is over to give him a big bear hug, comforting him after a tumble, or encouraging him when he is trying something new.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Luna C said:

I'm getting all teary reading these responses. I wish June was here already!!!

Ditto on both accounts!
  • tnd1218 said:

I agree with all PP! If you think you love SO now just wait to see them with you LO! I couldn't take my eyes off of him holding LO for the first time, I didn't even realize I had tears rolling down my face. Great post by the way :) love remembering that moment.
    I also love to see them sleep I could just lay and watch them sleep with a huge smile.

So glad you like the topic of this post. I thought it might be a fun one but it's so much more heartwarming than I anticipated!
  • mjdaviesmjdavies member
    edited January 2014
    @kahorstman So sorry that your SO is acting like a douche. I don't have experience with this but maybe once the baby is here and not an abstract idea (to him), he'll step up. Fingers crossed for you. Stay strong!
  • @cwg22 - I'm going to assume the flag for the OP was a mistake- please be careful you aren't flagging when liking a post.

Thanks for that. What happens when there is a flag on your post? I'm hoping it was a mobile bumping thumb misplacement...

• FTM and I can't wait to see DH make our LO laugh!

That's horrible! I'm so sorry he is acting this way, I'm with you hun, kick him out if this isn't the life he wants!
  • FTM and I can't wait to see DH make our LO laugh!

Good one! I'm adding that to my list. :)
  • @wtfisup, yay for liking the thread and excellent GIF!
  • My heart melts when I think about my H doing just about anything with our daughter after she's born. There's just something so special about seeing a daddy with his daughter.

When we first found out we were having a girl he seemed more terrified than happy but he's been getting more and more excited. He told me the other day that he can't wait to take her out on dates and plans on taking her with him to Dunks on the weekends, just the 2 of them. I said 'even when she's still tiny, you're going to feel ok taking her by yourself?' And he said 'yeah! It'll be our time together.'
  • I was talking to hubby about some baby courses we could take before the baby comes. When I mentioned a class only for fathers, he got excited and can't wait to go to it. He said he would love the class to be a debate one where future dads share their opinions etc... He is so into learning about our little one that I cant wait for the baby to be here to share those cute moments with him/her
  • FTM here, and I'm sooo excited to see DD with her daddy! DH absolutely loves and bonds with his nephews so well and I can only imagine how he will be with his daughter. I am definitely going to be like some of you and cry when I see him hold her for the first time. I get teary eyed when he touches and kisses my belly sometimes! & @kahorstman that is awful! I'm sorry he is being like that.. Hopefully he will be different when your daughter is born and not such a boy about it!
  • @cwg22 - I'm going to assume the flag for the OP was a mistake- please be careful you aren't flagging when liking a post.
    The post should've been flagged for making us all so teary and emotional!  ;)

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"