3rd Trimester

Unable to hydrate

Anyone else have this issue? I drink about 88 oz of water a day, plus milk, tea, and a couple cups of half-caff in the morning. I'm easily getting 120 oz of fluids a day, yet my lips are so dry and cracked that it's like I haven't had a drop of water in months; and I almost never have to go to the bathroom. This happened with my last pregnancy, too. My doctors keep telling me to stay hydrated, and I have to say - actually I probably shouldn't say here what it is that I would like to say to them. Anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions, b/c I'm not sure I'm capable of drinking anymore unless it's a cold beer. 

Re: Unable to hydrate

• I'm right there with you. I drink alot of water and tea and my lips are always dry!! Drives me nuts. I always have to have Chapstick with me and constantly put cream on my body. I have no clue what else we can do
  • I have this issue too! Had it with my last pregnancy as well... So yall aren't alone! Lol
  • Loading the player...
  • I have been feeling like this and I thought maybe is was a sign of GD- I had it last time and have passed my GTTs this time but I'm having another one next week at 34 wks to double check
  • I passed the GD test and no follow-up has been necessary. I don't think that's it for me (thank god). GD has always scared me a bit.
  • Yes! My lips are so dry and I have dry mouth constantly!
  • My lips and gums are a mess right now and it sucks.

Soo totally dry and then the gums behind my front too teeth are now sensitive and bleeding easily.
    imageimageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Yes I have had it also, I drink pleanty of water and juice but I feel like I am get dehydrated all the time...errrr.
    imagePregnancy Ticker

• I'm chugging water- my Midwife says "3-4 every 24" in regards to my 32 oz bottle. My lips were still destroyed. I asked my derm and he said get the little tubes of aquaphor sold in cvs and similar places. Problem solved! If I keep up with it... Chapstick and everything else makes it worse.
  • Have you talked to your doctor? What concerns me is the lack of urination? At 120 ounces per day you should be eliminating more waste.

Are you swelling badly? Definitely discuss this with a doctor because you can ask them to check your proteins & kidneys.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• same here.  Chapped lips big time!  It started about 2 weeks ago, but i'm not sure if its b/c of the hydration or the weather.  I'm drinking plenty of water?  I think baby is just growing like crazy right now towards the end, so he's taking what he can get!
  • I have swollen ankles and calves at the end of my workday, but nothing very worrisome or extreme. I think I'll still ask my doctor about it tho...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"