July 2014 Moms

Pregnancy Announcement? When?

I'm 15 4/7 weeks along now and have obviously told our families and close friends...but just wondering when everyone announced their pregnancy on Facebook/social media? Or when they plan on doing so? Just curious if most people do so right away or if they wait?

Re: Pregnancy Announcement? When?

• I don't know if I'll announce the pregnancy on social media or not. I might just announce when the baby gets here. I definately won't announce until after 20 weeks, though.
                      Image and video hosting by TinyPic                      

Pregnancy Ticker

• I announced on Facebook when I was 11 weeks.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I announced when I was 13 weeks.
  • I am 14 weeks tomorrow and we just had our 2nd appointment and everything looks great, so we will be announcing this weekend.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'll probably say something soon. I'm 12w 3d and just had my NT scan today. It probably won't be a big post, but just a causal mention. I'm curious to see who gets it.
  • I'm planning on announcing around 13 weeks, after seeing MFM and having another u/s. My close friends and family already know.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Our NT scan is on Tuesday and we plan to announce after that.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I announced on Facebook after first appointment when we had u/s and such. I was 11wks.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We did at 12week and 5 days. Do whatever you are comfortable with girl!

TTC Since March 2012 | BFP October 19th 2013 | Est Arrival July 3rd 2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• We announced at the end of our 13th week. I hated telling people I was pregnant (I always ended up feeling so awkward) so I wanted to post something to avoid as many of those conversations as possible. It's worked wonderfully so far. :)

• Agree with PP. Do what YOU are comfortable with. We announced at 10 weeks.
    BabyFetus Ticker

image image

• I did at midnight on New Year's Eve/ New Year's Day... I was 14 weeks.

What's important is to make sure to do it when you are most comfortable
  • We don't have facebook, but plan to let it be common knowledge after my A/S... unless people start asking about the belly sooner.  Hoping it won't be super noticeable before then.

Like PPs say, when you feel comfortable, go ahead and announce.
    DD 11/1/12
    DS 7/16/14
    DD Free from FPIES triggers as of 18 months! 
    Sweet potato, avocado, banana, mango, oats, wheat & rice outgrown.
    Dairy, soy, and peanut allergies outgrown! Allergic to eggs.
    DS MSPI, egg allergy
  • We announced on Facebook at 13 weeks. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • If all goes well at our next appt on Jan 20, we will announce then. I'll be 14 weeks then.
  • We're planning on valentines day. I'll be 16w6d.
    imageimage

BFP #1 11.10.13 EDD 07.22.14 Stick baby cake!
    image https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/ee/d355aa73ed49767417acbbe29ed0e6.png  BabyFruit Ticker

• I had my NT scan this week. So announced to my boss today. Will begin telling friends over the weekend. FB probably Sunday!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Last time, after some scares and pelvic rest in 1st tri, we didn't put anything on Facebook until I was 36 weeks along. This time, it might be earlier, but it still feels too soon. Maybe after the anatomy scan.
    image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We're having our NT scan on Monday, so we'll probably announce on Facebook sometime next week.  We still have to tell my in-laws and a few close friends first though, don't want anyone hurt that they found out via Facebook.  Dreading telling my in-laws though, since they live far away my husband is going to tell them over the phone.  My MIL is going to make it all about her and be fake and crazy...joy!
    BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My DH isn't a fan of Facebook, so I won't ever make an official Facebook announcement. I figure, if you know us, then you'll know about the baby
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We have our anatomy scan at 18w2 on January 31 and we will share on Facebook and my business blog after that. We shared DDs pregnancy at 12 weeks then I had a mc pregnancy just before DS so we waited til the A/S with him. Somehow waiting made it feel a little faster :)
    imageimage
  • Just did it at 14w.
  • I'm not planning to announce on facebook until somewhere around the birth... our immediate family and close friends know, and our family knows to tell other family members so it's migrating out.  If people see me, or ask, we're definitely not keeping it a secret.  I think DH might do something at some point on his FB, I definitely don't want to yet for work reasons.
  • We announced on FB on NYE at 13 weeks :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Right now only close family and friends know. We'll probably wait a few more weeks before we say anything on FB.

BabyFruit Ticker

Me 39 / H 42 ** TTC since July 2008
    2010-2012 Several failed rounds of Clomid & IUI
    2012 - Took a break from babies to build our dream home
    April 2013 - IVF #1 = Chemical
    July 2013 - IVF #2 = BFN
    November 2013 - FET = BFP (Finally!)
    EDD - July 24, 2014

• Probably at the end of January, which will be around 14 weeks for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"