2nd Trimester

Lower back pain!!!

Hey ladies!! I have been sick with the flu since Thursday and have been in bed pretty much all day, everyday since then! My whole body has been achy, but my lower back has been especially bad! I think it is the way I have been sleeping, (on my side, with my top leg stretched out and resting on the bed)! When I stand up and move around, it seems to feel a lot better, but when it comes to me getting back in bed to rest, I have tried every position and cannot get comfortable! I just want some reassurance that this is normal, and see if any of you ladies have any remedies worth trying, or if I should call my doctor!!

Re: Lower back pain!!!

• Totally normal! I have chronic lower back pain pregnant or not. Try a heating pad first and if it still isn't getting better, I'd suggest talking to your doctor about acupuncture. That's the only thing that works for me. GL with it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Do you see a chiropractor? I also struggle with lower back pain, but that does the trick. Alignment is very important. Mine will get so bad I cannot get comfortable at all and it's difficult to sleep. I see one who specializes in pregnant women so she adjusts you standing up mainly or on your side.
    forumsignature
  • I can't sleep on my back anymore, last time I slept on my back all night I had killer back pain all day. I rotate sides at night and sleep with a body pillow between my legs. The lower back pain is becoming a regular thing for me now, but the pillow does help. When I'm at work, a heating pad, or lumbar support if I'm sitting helps
    BabyFruit Ticker

June '14 February Siggy Challenge
    Picture of DH and I on top of Mayan ruins, Altun Ha, in Belize

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Hey ladies!! I have been sick with the flu since Thursday and have been in bed pretty much all day, everyday since then! My whole body has been achy, but my lower back has been especially bad! I think it is the way I have been sleeping, (on my side, with my top leg stretched out and resting on the bed)! When I stand up and move around, it seems to feel a lot better, but when it comes to me getting back in bed to rest, I have tried every position and cannot get comfortable! I just want some reassurance that this is normal, and see if any of you ladies have any remedies worth trying, or if I should call my doctor!!
    It happens. I have a lower back issue so it helps to have a pillow between my knees. When on your back, (I try not to be but wake up that way sometimes) pillow should be supporting your knees. My best advice is to get a prenatal massage. I had one yesterday - been waiting til MD said it was ok - and the muscles that can spasm around the affected area are so much better. If you can, treat yourself. Your muscles are probably going crazy and you'll feel relieved. :-)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have this issue all the time. Only when I wake up in the morning.. My lower back hurts. Once I get up and walk around it gets better. Then my upper back will start to hurt! It never seems to end.. But it's completely normal :-)
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"