Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Tell me about your milkies and nursing bras please

Are they worth it? I'm tired of filling my nursing pads.. I need a new nursing bra too, this one from Target is terrible :( Breastfeeding/pumping gets so messy. My wardrobe doesn't support breastfeeding very well but I don't want to spend a lot on a new wardrobe. What works for you?

Re: Tell me about your milkies and nursing bras please

• For breast feeding, I use the wireless bras from motherhood maternity? That look like sports bras. Very comfy. I got mastitis 3 times before I gave up on wires. For pumping, I use one I got from Amazon. Simple expressions? Works great and lots of places to adjust it. I don't have any nursing tops. I figure if I'm in a place to bare my breasts, a little tummy is no big deal.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • i have a couple wireless nursing bras that i believe came from motherhood maternity as well. i definitely recommend those. they are pretty comfy and they do the trick. but most days, depending on where i'm going of course, i wear a tank with adjustable straps and some built in support with no bra at all and a sweater or sweatshirt over it. sweater comes up, tank top comes down and it's very discreet. i know the "no bra" thing doesn't work for everyone, but it makes life a little easier for me. that being said, i'm  sure shirts designed specifically for nursing are great, i just can't afford a whole new wardrobe. lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>

• Loading the player...
  • and i didn't realize that milkies existed. i just googled it. sounds like a great idea in theory, i may need to give those a try.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>

• I'm so curious if the milkies are worth the investment...seems like a good idea. They also seem like they might be hard to keep clean but..idk? I'd love to hear from ladies who gave them a try! :)
  • I just bought a Milkies Milk Saver and totally wish I'd bought when LO was first born. It is really easy to wash and it can go in the dishwasher if you prefer.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love my milkies! Very easy to clean. I collect so much milk by using it. In fact, when I go to work DH feeds LO and he is still using the bags of collected milk. I hadn't even started pumping and already had over 100 oz in the freezer. I usually collect about 1.5 oz on the non-nursing side during feedings. Totally worth it!
  • I love my Milkies. I only use it when I'm nursing, because I don't really leak during the day. I have saved so much more milk this time.

Rylan 1/27/2011, 2:42 pm, 5lbs 12oz, 18.5 inches long
     Ayla 10/02/2013, 10:14 am, 6lbs 14oz, 19.25 inches long
    Missed Miscarriage 6w3d 3/02/2010
    I'll hold you in my heart until I hold you in heaven

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• I primarily use regular unpadded bras. I find them to be way easier than nursing bras. 
    imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"