April 2014 Moms
Options

Over active baby?

I've seen some posts about counting kicks and moms who aren't feeling much activity in their bellies.

I'm feeling the exact opposite. Supposedly you're to feel 10 "kicks" per 2 hours? Yeah I can count 10 in 15 min. Does this mean my child will be a nut case and won't be able to sit still ever?? He's constantly jumping and punching and dancing in there, I can never seem to get a break! He does have his quiet times, but they're usually not long. Second, third, even fourth time moms: is this a sign I'll have an over active child?

Re: Over active baby?

• Options
    When you say "over active," do you mean just really active or a medical ADHD diagnosis (or something of the sort)? I don't think there is any correlation between hyperactivity diagnoses and fetal movement. I've heard some moms say their active babies were active in utero...but my DD is quite the active kid and was never a mellow baby and practically didn't move at all in utero.

I think you're just going to have to wait and see!
    DD 2/21/2012 & DS 4/1/2014
  • Options
    I just talked to a nurse about this. Counting kicks is for later in the pregnancy when they have less room to stretch and move. They ask you to count kicks because the babies movements are less noticeable so you dont feel them like you feel them now.

My critters go crazy all the time right now, too! One more than the other :) it's normal.
    image    image    image    image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I thought this too, and if that's the case - I'm in for it! ;) Honestly, though, it's probably because they just have a decent amount of room and go through phases like @ColleenSwerb mentioned.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD on a recent trip to London. 3 yrs old.
    EDD 4/7/18
    MC 5/20/17 @8 wks
  • Options
    Think about what you're eating too. if it's something high in sugar, that could be causing it too. I drink a hot chocolate in the morning and by the time I'm done the cup she's going crazy in there.
  • Options
    I could get 10 within 2 min around the clock with DD. She has been crazy since she was born. DS was more mellow inutero and now has a super easy going attitude.
  • Options
    Apparently, our baby just discovered his feet. So he was FAR more active in yesterday's ultrasound than ever before (which would explain the constant kicking the past couple weeks). He was pretty mellow before, but now he keeps bringing his feet up by his face, touching them, then kicking his legs back out. The nurse said they go through phases and discoveries in the womb just like they will outside of it :)
  • Options
    Skippy was very quiet during my pregnancy with him, but now he's the most obnoxious kid I know. This baby is very active a lot of the time, but my DH and I are very quiet, low-key people, so I'm sure this baby will be like us - he's just making use of his small space for the time being. I should add that Skippy is from a previous relationship, so I think genetics play a huge role in personality traits and activity levels.

Lilypie - (tQ1Y)

Lilypie - (Rgc4)

Daisypath - (bXqd)

Natural miscarriage @ 8 weeks - 3/8/2005
    Big Brother "Skippy" born - 2/28/2007
    Missed miscarriage - (EDD 3/5/2013) - D&E @ 11 weeks - 8/8/2012
    "Hen" (EDD 6/7/2013) - born sleeping @ 19 weeks - 1/15/2013
    "G-Unit" born - 4/14/2014 and he's 100% perfection!!
  • Options
    DD was an over active baby in the womb... She is a very active child. She was walking at 7 months. And now at 19 months is hell bent on scaling the bookshelf and has done so. There is no such thing as child proofing with her!
  • Options
    My LO will not.stop.moving. This week I got the stomach flu...the only thing worse than throwing up is throwing up while something does somersaults inside you
    :-&

The only time he calms down is when I am working out or sometimes walking around.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"