May 2014 Moms

Heart racing at night? Anyone? Anyone?

This is the third night this has happened to me.  My heart is racing, eww like I can feel it beating really fast.  It makes it hard for me to settled down and go to sleep.  I find it uncomfortable, not in a pain sense, but in a sensory sense.  I don't like it.  It almost feels like what I imagine  anxiety would feel like.  Anyone else?  It has only been happening at night.  With everything that happened at my appt today, I forgot to mention it. 
Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
<3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
Asher Benjamin  April 2010
Lola Aisling  May 2014

Re: Heart racing at night? Anyone? Anyone?

• This! I freaked out last night because I felt palpitations after eating (and I was laying down). I clocked my HB in at 102 per minute. WTF?

Anyway, I read that pregnant women tend to have higher HBs anyway, especially if you have indigestion (which I did), stress, sleeplessness, etc.

This morning I was at 82, and I haven't felt palpitations yet. My nurse also said it could have been that I ate something ridiculously salty (I had made a stew that didn't go down so well because I overdid it with the seasoning- to the point that I raced to Starbucks at school to buy something sweet because I felt I was going to die) and it made my HB go up. Who knows.

Did you call your doctor?

<3<3 Team BababaBLUE!!! <3<3

Siggy Challenge (NOW, yes, because I be slow...)

• Right there with ya sista!
    Last night it actually scared me to the point where I woke MH (who is a firefighter/EMT). I actually have terrible anxiety issues and regularly take medication to keep it in moderation but the last few days have been tough. It's almost like it's trying to thump out of your chest?
    I read a PP about someone with a similar issue so I assume it's probably normal? I see the doc tomorrow and I definitely plan to ask.
  • Loading the player...
  • I forgot to ask with everything that happened today, but I just emailed my MFM.  It does almost feel like anxiety.  I don't like this feeling at all. 

Infertility

My Spring Babies! 
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • I know, it's scary! But after some research (I know I shouldn't, but what's a paranoid FTM to do?) I saw that it was pretty normal. Have you been feeling a hit better tonight? Try watching TV, drinking water, taking a walk inside the house and try to see if you could maybe calm it down a bit?

<3<3 Team BababaBLUE!!! <3<3

Siggy Challenge (NOW, yes, because I be slow...)

• I have this problem when I bend over. But in my case I think it's vein compression. I don't have it when I lie on my back, though...just when I bend over.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• sucks!  I hate this feeling. 

Infertility

My Spring Babies! 
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • I had this the other night and even got up to check my BP because I felt so weird. My BP was normal but my heart rate was 102. Definitely not a fan either.
  • I've been getting this throughout the pregnancy and it freaks me out because I always think it is the onset of an asthma attack.

• Racing heart can happen with pg. Hopefully your doc can put your mind at ease.

FWIW, racing heart was also a HUGE part of the anxiety attacks i had after being told my ds likely was autistic. Those moments were so scary.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• It's happened to me in the past with anxiety attacks.

Sorry you're going through this :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This is a fairly normal occurence for me - but I have suffered from very bad anxiety in the past and I know it's more than likely partly to do with that (along with extra blood flow/extra pumping of the heart from being pregnant), and I also get heart palpitations like crazy when I am pregnant. I HATE them so much and of course anything to do with my heart freaks me out big time....but I have come to realize it's pretty normal at least for me. Honestly, yours does sound like it's anxiety-related as well, and it's so hard to come down from that feeling. Try to take deep breaths and distract yourself!
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• I have this sometimes after climbing stairs and pretty often at night, especially when lying on my left side. I sleep with ear plugs (my lovely husband's snoring is not so lovely) and the sound freaks me out when I lie on that side. Everything I've read about it suggests it's normal and it doesn't feel like the kind of palpitations I used to have when I had anxiety attacks back in the day. If you're concerned about that, though, it's worth discussing with your doctor at your next appt.
  • This. All the time. But I had this problem occasionally pre-preg. Pregnancy (and stress) exacerbates it though, as PP said pregnant women typically have a higher heart rate (and sometimes lower blood pressure, such as my case) which can make your heart race and make you feel dizzy. I clock around 110 pretty often.

I would just say to your doc. I had this problem a bunch when I was younger (overactive vegas nerve, I think? its been a few years...) and was prescribed beta-blockers as a teen (which also have the effect of acting as an anti-anxiety medication). I no longer take beta-blockers but I do have to take benadryl at night in order to "calm down" or else I'll never sleep/wake up with my heart racing.

I hope you get some relief from the anxiety! Feel better soon and (try) to take it easy!
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Ok now you guys are freaking me out. My heart does race a good amount of the time. More than 102/per min.. more like 112 per min. H looked it up and it does say it's normal, but maybe I'll be mentioning this to the Dr. next week. Eek!
    My doctor checks my heartrate at the same time as my BP at my appointments. Last time, it was 111 and she commented that it was a little high. All she said was to make sure I'm drinking enough water. Try not to worry too much about it!
  • I have this when my anxiety gets bad. It feels terrifying, as if you're having a heart attack or something but it's caused by the extra adrenaline going through your body when you're stressed. At least for me, that's the case. Try focusing on your breathing and counting your breaths and tell yourself this is just a natural result of stress. I had to take drugs for it for a few months and was able to go off once I talked to a great therapist. Hope you feel better soon!

DS #1: May 25, 2007

DS #2: Jan 7, 2009

DD #3 due May 17, 2014!!! Low lying placenta and DD measuring 1 week ahead at big u/s

• After my A/S didn't go very well, I had terrible anxiety until my blood work results. My heart was always beating fast and had this constant feeling like my stomach was in knots. It did get better everyday but didn't go away until I knew for sure what was going on
  • I've experienced a rapid hb pretty much since the beginning of my pregnancy. I was really anxious about it at first because I am hyperthyroid so I thought my levels were out of whack, turns out my levels are fine and a faster hb is normal in pregnancy. I do still get worried about it though, mine has been in the 90's but I constantly check it throughout the day. If you're really still worried about it just leave a message at your ob :-)
    TTC#1 since Dec. 2010- 12/2011 Hyperthyroid with Grave's
    10/2012= DX unexplained IF
    IUI #2- 4/25/13- BFP 5/9/13- CP
    IUI#4- 9/3/13- BFP 9/17/13- EDD 05/27/14
    First ultrasound 10/8/13- 7weeks 130bpm
    12/23/13 18 weeks 152bpm BABY GIRL!
    Annabel Rose
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I posted about this a couple times. I was really scared when it kept happening, but it has gotten better. I was at target when it happened once and it was so bad I thought I was going to pass out(never passed out before though). It does still race and when I'm still at night I can really feel it. Also, if I put any pressure on any spot of my body I can feel my pulse. It's pretty crazy.

I asked the dr at my last appt and she told me it was normal and that it sounds like tachycardia which is common during pregnancy. Since it has gotten better I'm not too worried anymore. Hope your symptoms get better:)
  • Does it get better if you change position? Last time I couldn't sleep on my left side because I could feel it pounding so hard. I've had it this time on my back a few times, but it calms down if I move to my side. Sorry this is bothering your sleep. Like you needed another thing to keep you up!
  • I also had a wicked headache today..booo.  And my heart is racing now.  I'm sitting down ffs!

Infertility

My Spring Babies! 
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • My heart races when I lay on my
    Left side. No other positions. It als
  • That's not cool! Mine gets crazy after I eat a bigger sized car by meal. It could be many things causing it for you. Maybe you had an incident of SVT? I have a heart murmur so I get all kinds of weird stuff. Do you have one too? Could also just be due to the increased blood volume.
  • I had a racing heart (mostly at night) when I was pregnant with DS. I remember it going away as I got further along in my pregnancy, but I don't remember how long. It did start around 20 weeks though.

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• I'm going in on Monday just to get my blood pressure and HR checked. I spent a lot of the day with my heart racing and a raging headache. 

Infertility

My Spring Babies! 
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • I get these feelings as well, like an anxiety attack but mine happen in the mornings mostly, and especially after I have eaten an orange.  It feels like my heart is racing and I may pass out if I don't take a deep breathe.  I was going to talk to my OB next when I see her.  Its only been recently and once in a while that I get these. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"