March 2014 Moms

NO, it's not a conspiracy! *team green vent*

I am starting to get super annoyed by the fact that people cannot understand why we are team green. It went from "why won't you find out?" To "how about we find out and don't tell you?" To "I know you know what you are having and just won't tell us"

I get that being surprised isn't for everyone. But why is it so hard to understand that it's our choice and just for us?? AND why would we know and not tell? The surprise isn't for everyone else, it's for me and MH. Gah! If one more person jumps on the conspiracy bandwagon, I may go crazy!

Vent away team greeners, tell me I'm not alone! And thanks for letting me get that out! Phew, I may have exploded.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NO, it's not a conspiracy! *team green vent*

• My MIL Is convinced we know and are just not telling her...
    Nope I am not trying to keep this major secret from you, I just wanna wait until this babe is born to find out if I have a daughter or another son!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I go through the same thing, but it doesn't really bother me. I find it interesting that people are so invested in knowing LO's sex when they are not the parent and ultimately it doesn't matter. In any case I prefer these comments more than suggestions on names and gifts that refer to the LO's sex.
  • ellajune2012ellajune2012 member
    edited January 2014
    The latest is that because I wore a blue belt, that it's a boy and I'm not telling. Sigh.
    HAHAHHAA.... I'm going to start alternating blue & pink clothes just to throw people off.

I get all kinds of responses, ranging from "good for you!" all the way to "why would you want to do that!?" to "You know you're going to get a lot of green stuff right?" and then there's my mom, who was like "well can I just have the doctor tell me and not let you know?"
    imageimage
    BFP with #1 (twins!) 11/18/2011 - missed m/c at 8weeks3days; d&c 1/19/2012; myomectomy to remove 18cm+,10cm & 5cm fibroids 4/2012; TTC again 7/2012; BFP #2 (twins) 11/13/2012; missed m/c at 7weeks;
    BFP #3: baby girl born 3/5/2014

Balaustine: an anthology about wanting family
  • Seriously hate it, and I can't believe that it's all people care about! Why do you care about my child's genitals!!!?

It still makes me wish I didn't know because I get annoyed when people make gender stereotypical statements like "you must be excited to have a lineman in there already"....no, just no.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers   
  • I get a lot of 'I bet you want one of each'! Actually we'll be happy with two babies of any type. My MIL is also pretty convinced we know and aren't telling people. Since I have no issue stressing her out, I'm letting her think whatever she wants!
  • @ellajune2012 that is a great idea. MH told me to register for both pink and blue items just to mess with everyone.

• I think that is people's first question…"do you know what you are having?" My answer is nope, I just want happy and healthy..My family supports it, but Dh's is always saying well we think you should find out, Well I have decided I don't want to know and gave DH his own choice. I've gotten a few comments from his family that I am forcing him to not find out. Yes, I am forcing my decision on my 35 year old husband because he does not have a mind of his own. He was told if he wanted to find out he could but i didn't want to know so I didn't want him to tell anyone else. The monographer put the gender in the report, he can ask for it any time he wants. He's chosen not to so he doesn't ruin the surprise for me, but yes I am forcing my will upon a 35 year old man, tells me my DH's family doesn't think much of him. Oh done now! lol

BabyFetus Ticker
  • People have told me I'm no fun for not finding out. Gee, thanks!
  • All of this. Everyone loves to share what the think. Most people are pretty supportive. MIL is ridiculous. She pouts every time we see her and asks IF you find out to have to tell us. Ok we will let you know when we find out-after the baby is born. She's especially annoyed with the upcoming shower. Because outside of clothing babies don't need anything right. She asked me-what do you want for your shower-picture frames? Seriously? We have maybe five pictures in frames in our entire house. I have three registries with well over 50+ items on each one. Why can't people just keep their thoughts/comments to themselves? This is about DH and I wanting a surprise. Your opinions don't matter.
  • For me its less about conspiracy theories but more about people trying to guess. I didn't decide to be team green so that everyone could try and guess what the baby is! Every picture I post, my in laws go crazy saying "ooooh its a boy I can telllllllll" and every conversation with them is about their little boy in my belly. Drives me nuts. I can't tell if they are just trying to stir the pot to piss me off or if they legit think that where I'm carrying is scientific proof of boy/girl. I almost want it to be a girl just so they can't say "I knewww it!!!!!" when I have a boy.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • No one has given me a hard time at all! Everyone I know thinks it's wonderful that we are team green. I get the "there are so few surprises in life" speech all the time!!
    My mother has said a few times that she's sick of yellow and green but she's just eager to meet the baby and spoil it!!

Sorry, fellow team greeners, that people are irking you! Stay strong and screw them!!
  • Glad it's not just me. Just about the only supportive people are my patients! The first question for everyone is always "do you know what you're having?" My answer is "a baby"!

• Most people respond pretty positively, in my family it's pretty common to be team green so they're used to it.  Some of them actually give team finding out a hard time since it "ruins the surprise" lol.  I don't mind either way, I just don't want to know personally!
    imageimage 
  • Grr...thats's annoying. I'm tired of people telling me "oh I am for sure you are having a girl!" Or "well what has the HB been?" Or other things to try and figure out what the baby is. I DONT WANT TO KNOW!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Familiy and friends have stopped asking after our 21 week scan, but odd strangers here and there ask but I have always just excitedly replied that it's so wonderful not to know and we can't wait for the surprise to come, cause we really don't mind what we're having! People respond well to that, they always guess, but it's fun for them. I honestly don't care the need for my mom and mil to know, it just spurs me on more, they have made peace but they will push their luck now and again. Many parents can find out the gender as soon as possible, we just chose later, it's really no big deal, just super exciting!
  • I haven't had anyone give me a hard time, either. I get lots of guesses, but that doesn't bother me--I just assume it comes with the territory. I do laugh that a lot of people assume I must want a boy since we have a girl. Nope--it's a win-win either way.
    photo d55cd10d-0c40-4454-aba7-d1fb776cb4ff_zpsd847719c.jpg

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• We aren't team green, but decided to not share the name til LO is born. That's really irking people... Because they know we obviously have a name picked out and it's a big conspiracy that we won't tell them. Well actually no one knows, so it's nothing personal against you (aka annoying coworkers or not close friends!)

Not quite the same situation, but I feel for ladies bc I know I'm equally annoyed with people who can't wait a few more weeks.
    Kinley Diane
    Born 2/4/14
    Weighing 6 lbs 10 oz and 20 inches long

• My father in law gets really upset every time he sees us and we "STILL DON'T KNOW!" Ok sweetheart, we seriously are not going to know until the baby is born. He threatened to break into our car and open the envelope that has the sex written in it. 
    I don't get why people (even my co-workers) think that I am torturing them by not finding out. I'm actually glad not to listen to them tell stories about how a girl is so much more work than a boy or vice versa. Because that's the kind of pure torture they provided to a girl who recently delivered a baby boy.
    BabyFruit Ticker

My Third Tri Feelings
  • Most people are very positive when we tell them we are team green saying things like "That is so exciting!" or "What a great surprise!". However, with DS my MIL had the nerve to announce in front of my entire baby shower that she was sure DH and I knew the sex but we weren't sharing. Everyone there bugged me the whole time trying to get me to tell them my "secret"... We really didn't know! This time around, she is much more supportive and makes jokes about how it better be a boy because she's got $20 riding on it with her boss.

• We didn't want to find out with my first pregnancy but accidentally saw it on an ultrasound (she was sitting on the camera it was very very obvious) but we choose not to tell anyone outside of my hubby and mother who were there and saw it. Once baby was born it caused so much drama with my hubby's family going in and on about how mean we were for knowing and not telling. Like it really mattered what the baby was. This time we haven't found out and I'm glad I don't want to deal with that drama again
  • We are team green and so excited to be! The most annoying thing to me is people saying how they saw the cutest outfit but didn't buy it bc they don't know the sex! Like taunting me haha... I can't believe how crazy some people are about wanting to know!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"