February 2014 Moms
Options

pre-e

So my OB just called. He said its looking like pre-e. I have to do another 24 hour urine starting sunday morning. I'm kinda freaking out though. Dr. Google told me the only treatment would be delivery through c-section or induction. Neither of which I'm obviously not looking forward to. 

So, who has experience with this? Advice for a FTM?

“Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It’s not the time that matters, it’s the person.”
— The Doctor, Season 3, Episode 6

Dating Since: 2/13/05 * Married Since: 9/8/12 

Re: pre-e

• Options
    Ugh. I'm so sorry love.(((( Hugs)))
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Because Daryl+Puppy =ALL the feels

• Options
    I had pre-e with DS.  Started around 36 weeks for me also.  Fortunately, mine wasn't severe and they were able to hold off delivery until 39w4d when I was induced.  However, I had daily monitering for blood pressure, urine analysis, and NST's every other day.  

Fortunately, you are really close to term, especially if they are starting your 24hr collection on Sunday, it gets you a few days closer.

I was told to watch for extreme swelling with pitting, headaches, and pain in your upper right side.  

Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No experience....but I am sorry you have to go through this! ((hugs)) 
    Here is some cute baby animal gifs to brighten your day (since you liked the other post)
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
    So yeah, you really are my favorite person ever. 

Thank you ladies for the hugs. I think im freaking out because if this 2nd test dosnt go right im probably having this baby next week :/

“Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It’s not the time that matters, it’s the person.”

• Options
    Thoughts and prayers for you! I don't have any advice as a FTM as well, but I'm sorry you're dealing with this stress.

image            image

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Lots of hugs and T&P
  • Options
    no advice but big (((hugs))) to you!!!
  • Options
    No experience, but when I was being monitored for at risk pre-e my doc said the same thing, we'll try to deliver around 37 weeks or sooner if my body really starts going crazy or the baby shows signs of stress. I'm sorry to hear you're going through this, (((hugs))).
  • Options
    armalan12 said:
    I'm high risk for developing pre-e due to having high bp before pregnancy. My doctor is awesome with the way she words things, and while doctor google is right about the options to fix it, it also typically reverse all the symptoms right away and is fine. My doctor seems to believe there are medication options you can take to control it to some extent before you must deliver baby. At least meds to bring the bp down if that's the biggest issue. I know it's really scary! Lots of love and support!
    The weird thing is I havent had high Bp. Protien, check. Swelling, check. HPB nope. :/ Hopefully my doctors are like yours in that they can come up with a possible way of managing.

• Options
    I had sudden pre-e and severe HELLP with my 2nd pregnancy.  I had to deliver immediately via c-section but everything turned out to be okay.  I recovered completely within a few days and my daughter was perfectly healthy.  If it does turn out to be pre-e and you need to be delivered, it's not ideal but you are doing what's best for yourself and your baby.  I pray that your LO doesn't need any NICU time and you have a fast recovery.  It's good that they are aware and you are being monitored.  I will keep you in my prayers!
    BFP #1 (DS, 10/98), BFP #2 (DD, 10/09)
    BFP #3 -mm/c @ 7wks, discovered at 9wks, D&C 9/28
    BFP #4 5/29 EDD 2/9 - please be our rainbow
    imageimage
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I had pre-e with DS.  Started around 36 weeks for me also.  Fortunately, mine wasn't severe and they were able to hold off delivery until 39w4d when I was induced.  However, I had daily monitering for blood pressure, urine analysis, and NST's every other day.  

Fortunately, you are really close to term, especially if they are starting your 24hr collection on Sunday, it gets you a few days closer.

I was told to watch for extreme swelling with pitting, headaches, and pain in your upper right side.  

Good luck!
    Thank you, this gives me a little more insight and hopefulness that I may be able to keep growing this baby a bit longer.

• Options
    Sending love and hugs!!

imageimage
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    :( sorry to hear this, stay strong!

No experience....but I am sorry you have to go through this! ((hugs)) 
    Here is some cute baby animal gifs to brighten your day (since you liked the other post)
    imageimageimageimageimageimage

Um these gifs are the cutest things Ive ever seen

• Options
    @scromeltte I'm in virtually the same spot as you and posted about this sorta thing earlier. 

I do not have ANY symptoms. I was having HBP readings over the past 3 weeks at my midwife's office, but after they let me calm down for 10-15 minutes, they went back to normal. My urine dipsticks have never shown protein, I don't have swelling, see spots, or have headaches. I have been monitoring my BP at home at least four times a day and increasing my protein intake. I haven't had a high reading since. My MW came to my house today for an appointment and got a reading lower than it's probably ever been. I'm baffled, but she said my 24 hour urine catch came back with not so good results. I'm still waiting on her to talk to me about them. I was hoping to know answers today, but guess I will find out tomorrow :( 

Hang in there. I'm confident that my medical providers will make sure baby girl and I stay safe and I'm sure yours will as well. Things don't always turn out the way we want them. I've surely learned that over the past 8ish months.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to be buddies.

PCOS // Loss 3/2010 // Single Mom // Natural Birth // DC Metro // Baby Girl Born 2/2/2014
  • Options
    No experience with actual pre-e, but I was induced because of go with DS1 and ended up with a CS. Try to take the mindset that you need to do what's best for you and baby and if that means having an outside baby then that's what'll happen. You are in amazing hands! Hugs!
  • Options
    Just here to pile on the (((hugs))). Thoughts and prayers coming your way.

BFP #1 5.26.08 DD born 1.4.09
    BFP #2 3.11.12 m/c 3.26.12
    BFP #3 10.7.12 m/c 10.27.12
    BFP #4 2.24.13 ectopic MTX 3.13.13 Right tube removed 3.29.13
    BFP #5 5.27.13 DS born 1.22.14

BFP #6 4.14.16

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    DesirreK said:
    More ((hugs)) coming your way!! I don't have any experience at all but am definitely thinking of you!
    And here I was hoping for twinsies! We'll keep those fingers crossed.

• Options
    @Scromlette I am currently on hospital bed rest due to Pre-e and have been for the past 3 weeks. Depending on what exactly your levels are and your doctors preference you can placed on home bed rest or hospital. The thing about pre-e from what I was told is that it can escalate very quickly. In my case my BPs are good but the protein in my urine has increased significantly ever week. The goal is to reach 37 weeks and I am currently 35. With protein as long as you don't reach 5g in 24 urine you are ok and can just be on bed rest. I hope you have "not so bad" results and can cook that baby for a lil longer!
  • Options
    No experience or advice to offer, but wanted to offer ((hugs)) and lots of T&P to you!!
  • Options
    vbryant55 said:
    @Scromlette I am currently on hospital bed rest due to Pre-e and have been for the past 3 weeks. Depending on what exactly your levels are and your doctors preference you can placed on home bed rest or hospital. The thing about pre-e from what I was told is that it can escalate very quickly. In my case my BPs are good but the protein in my urine has increased significantly ever week. The goal is to reach 37 weeks and I am currently 35. With protein as long as you don't reach 5g in 24 urine you are ok and can just be on bed rest. I hope you have "not so bad" results and can cook that baby for a lil longer!
    Wow! I'm sorry that you've had to deal with this for so long! Thank you for sharing your experience. TBH, My doctor and I haven't had much of a chance to talk about what exactly a pre-e diagnosis means/is, so the information you have given is very helpful. 

I very much hope you are able to reach 37 weeks! Tell that baby I said it's not time! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"