C-sections
Options

Classical Incision?

Has anyone here had a c/s and had a classical incision. I had an emergency c/s at 40w 2d with my son two years ago and am 17 weeks pregnant with my second. When I told my new OB and they read the surgical report they seemed to be in shock that the doctor who delivered my son even used that incision. I've asked around to moms I know and I can't seem to find anyone under 60 years old who's had this incision. I can hardly even find anything about it even on the internet. It's pretty frustrating and makes me somewhat nervous when the only things I CAN find are the same two things that say "increased chance of uterine rupture" and "increased blood loss possibly requiring blood transfusion". The only board I can find anyone talking about classical incisions are preemie boards (the uterus wasn't large enough to do bikini cut on yet) on some other website that I'd have to pay to become a member of. I can't be the only out out there lol. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Classical Incision?

• Options
    My SIL had it done. Her daughter was born premature and it was an emergency situation. This has been about 12 years ago.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have one. But, yeah. You are totally right. They are generally done in preemie situations where the baby is too small to get out with a horizontal cut. It's also done in emergency situations. Your OB must have had his reasons for doing it that way.... I hope.

For me, it means absolutely no VBAC and the OB wants me to deliver at 37 weeks. This is to prevent you going into labor on your own which increases the chance of uterine rupture.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't post often, but this is one I have experience with. I have the transverse cut and then a classical cut as well. I'm 32 weeks pregnant with my RCS scheduled for 39 weeks. I've been followed my MFM for other reasons, but now we are having the conversation about delivering earlier than 39 weeks. It's all in the direction the cut was made that makes it more risky. At least that is what I understand.
  • Options
    I had a verticle cut with Dd1 as she was an emergent csect at 41 1/2 weeks. I was induced and about 13 hours in my BP and her heart rate began to plummet. They made the call for an emergency csect. My OB made the decision to go verticle because it was the fastest way to get dd out and she had never dropped so she was sitting rather high. It meant no vbacs for me but I have gone on to have two RCS delivered at 39wks with horizontal incisions. We decided to be done after our third was born as to not push the limits of my uterus so I had my tubes tied when dd2 was born
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had the classic c/s cut just this past September.  This was a first for me as my daughter was born vaginally.  I had a complete placenta previa with 6 bleeds of which, I was airlifted to a hospital that had a great NICU.  They kept me pregnant 5.5 weeks longer with strict bedrest and my son was born without any problems.  My c/s was done at 36w5d and was considered an emergency. I decided that I didn't want to put my body, a baby, and my family in this position again so I had my tubes tied.   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"