Obsessed with oranges and know the sex of your baby? Just for fun — The Bump
June 2014 Moms

Obsessed with oranges and know the sex of your baby? Just for fun

katiebarttonkatiebartton
1000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary Photogenic
edited January 2014 in June 2014 Moms
I eat on average 4 or 5 clementine’s a day so it got me curious. If you have had an obsession with oranges and/or citrus this pregnancy (or a previous one too) and you know the sex already answer below what you are having

Obsessed with oranges and know the sex of your baby? Just for fun 246 votes

I crave an insane amount of citrus and having a boy
19% 49 votes
I crave an insane amount of citrus and having a girl
18% 45 votes
I think you are all are weird with the amount of oranges you are eating regardless
14% 35 votes
I don’t know the sex yet
40% 99 votes
SS
7% 18 votes

Re: Obsessed with oranges and know the sex of your baby? Just for fun

• I voted based on my pregnancy with DD. I had oranges every day, couldn't get enough. This time around not so much and atleast one of them is a girl

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • I eat about 5 to the whole bag of satsumas a day.  I'm having a baby girl :)
    ~ Jenny ~
    Married to Jake ~ June 4, 2010 ~
    DS born ~ July 22, 2011 ~
    Two chemical pregnancies:  ~ December 2012 ~  & ~ August 2013 ~
    Expecting our baby GIRL!  ~ June 4, 2014 ~
    June '14 May Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV Mom 

katiebartton
  • I voted for all of you are weird if you crave oranges :) I despise them.

But I will say, both healthy pregnancies I have craved orange JUICE which is not like me at all and they are both boys.

BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• Oh, and @katiebartton, I never saw an update on your A/S! I am thinking it went well??
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• 1A1A
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Love Its Name Dropper
    Previous pg I deamk lemon water and lemon tea like a maniac. He is a boy. Actually pineapple and all fruit was a big craving with him.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • A few weeks ago I had a major thing for clementines! I ate like 5 a day every day. But lately I've gotten tired of them. I'm having a girl, BTW.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Emery Elizabeth
    Due Date: June 5, 2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Oh, and @katiebartton, I never saw an update on your A/S! I am thinking it went well??

@ksylnelvr73 all went well!! He was going nuts and kept jumping around kicking so there was one shot of his brain they didn't get but I go back in 2 weeks for my biweekly cervix check and they'll try again then. The MFM had me actually lay on my left side during the scan at one point to see if he would calm down lol.

I was really hungry during the scan so maybe he was too!
  • skamber said:

I find out the sex in less than 2 weeks and am so curious as to what the bigger pull is for! Can anyone post a screenshot of votes so far or post the numbers?
    I drink an insane amount of orange juice and I am obsessed with naval oranges

@skamber
    Here ya go
    [Deleted User]
  • I voted based on my prev pregnancy with my daughter. Oranges all the way. Oranges and cheese, lol.

This time, not so much. I actually want bread and meat more than anything else... and we're hoping its a boy :)

Vote on my Baby Names here!
    VOTE on my Name List
    Surprise! Baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Ha, this post reminded me I had some clementines left.  I ended up polishing off the last 4 in the box!  For the record, I'm having two girls.
    June '14 August Siggy Challenge - Parenting Fail

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I craved oranges, orange juice and pineapples with my first and I had a DS. :)
    katiebartton
  • I eat cuties and lemons all the time, and orange juice has been a craving since week 6 of this pregnancy. We're having a boy!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (uREA)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    katiebarttonBabyCurtiss2014JmeJoLee83misscarter87
  • 1st tri all I wanted to eat was tangerines and clementines but we're team green so it will be a while before we find out what we're having.
    Munchkin born 11/22/11
    Pipsqueak born 6/9/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Psssh, I've already surpassed you all. I went from OJ to grapefruit juice: CITRUS HARDCORE.

I'm having a girl with huge feet.

• edited January 2014
    I have been eating a TON of cuties and having a boy!! Lol
    JmeJoLee83
  • Another little boy here! Ate a couple of cuties for lunch today :)
    First time mommy-to-be
    E.D.D. June 1, 2014

• Totally obsessed with oranges and even more so orange juice! Like insanely addicted to the stuff!

Anyway, we're having a little girl.

This is also me. I was sad this morning because I forgot my orange at home. I'm also craving OJ and hate it normally. We are team green, but I also had an orange craving when I was pregnant with my daughter. We shall see...
  • We're not planning to find out the sex, but I've been craving OJ like crazy....and I don't even like OJ, I never drank it prior to being pregnant!  My SIL said she craved apples and oranges, so one citrus fruit, and she had a boy.
    Me 31 ~ DH 30
    IVF/FET #1 - BFP!!
    <3 CJW 6/15/2014 <3
    DX - PCOS 2004
    FET #2 - scheduled for 11/24/15
  • I cannot get enough citrus in my life and we just found out its a boy!
    BabyCurtiss2014
  • Oh my god! I thought I was crazy! I eat 4 a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am a naval orange lover, but they are not in season so I can't justify the money. I finally bought a bag of clementines because I had NEVER had one before. I was AMAZED!! So easy to peel...no seeds! They are my new BFF!!! 

I don't know what I'm having yet, sorry. I will find out on the 28th. My gut is saying boy though (based off the fact that my DH family is ALL boys) so I'm trying to get used to the fact that it's going to be a boy (even though I really want a girl). I'll have to check back at this in 2 weeks!

• Ha, it's tied, boy/girl 31/31. I don't know the sex yet but I've also been craving oranges and all things citrus.

image        image

• Can't. Get. Enough. Oranges. Having twin girls. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've been craving citrus in general, especially orange juice.  Having twin boys. 
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Add me to the craving citrus and having a boy club! Can't get enough clementines and lemonade.

• I eat cuties all day long and am having a boy!! :)
  • The first pregnancy for me where I've been obsessed with citrus, and really fruit of all kinds. Girl for me!
    DS 5 years old
    DD 2 years old
    {Baby GIRL due 6.1}

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards