February 2014 Moms

On bed rest until delivery

Just got sentenced to bed rest until delivery and my doctor said she probably won't let me go past 38 weeks (i'm at 32+3 today). I'm having too much swelling, bp rising, weight increasing too much over the course of two weeks and starting to see protein in the urine. Now i get to go in twice per week for bp checks. I can work from home, so that's something, but I'm sentenced to the couch or bed.

Ahh well, I guess it could be worse. All things considered I've had a pretty good pregnancy until the last week or so. I guess that just means I'll get to meet my little boy a little earlier than anticipated!
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: On bed rest until delivery

• T'S & P'S! I am on bed rest now too. You can't monitor your BP at home? My MW suggested buying a cuff (arm not wrist) and now I measure at least 4 times a day and journal it.

PCOS // Loss 3/2010 // Single Mom // Natural Birth // DC Metro // Baby Girl Born 2/2/2014
  • Bummer! T&Ps you are able to keep LO baking as long as possible.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry. T&Ps

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have a bp cuff at home but they want to monitor me closely. I'm 41 so my age is definitely a factor. My doctor said I'm right on the cusp, that it's been a great pregnancy so far, that she just wants to play it safe.

I appreciate the caution but it still kind of sucks. As far as I know baby is doing just fine. 32 week ultrasound tomorrow (for growth). They'll do another at 36 weeks as well. The benefits of being an old mama to be ;-)
    BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"