March 2014 Moms

PIP your wedding cake! (inspired by the bump avatar glitch)

2»

Re: PIP your wedding cake! (inspired by the bump avatar glitch)

• klp830klp830 member
    edited January 2014
    Our cake was made for us as our wedding gift by a friend from church. It was a basic white cake inside and there were two sauces guests could choose from to garnish it: chocolate or raspberry. We found a picture of this cake online and she was able to amazingly recreate it perfectly!
  • Loading the player...
  • Ooo fun!  I LOVED mine.  So pretty, delicious, and also free! (well we got a free 3 tiered cake but made some changes, so it was only $70!)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Anniversary
  • mmmmm now I want cake :)

Each layer was a different type of cake.... lemon-raspberry, apple blondie, and chocolate mousse... yummmm
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I don't have a very good picture on my phone/Facebook and my computer is out for the count. So here's the best I can do. Vanilla cake with lemon filling in half and raspberry in the other. It was so delicious.
    Married 6-1-13
    Sebastian 3-11-14
    Simon 5-2-15
    Baby #3 Due 9-29-16
  • I loved our cake and it tasted amazing. The lady who made it does all of my family's cakes for birthdays, showers, etc. I don't know if you can tell but the icing was light blue.
  • The top layer of ours was lemon, and the rest was chocolate. All delicious!
    Cake.jpg 102.3K
  • I'm actually just approving our wedding album with our photographer! (Wedding was July 6th!)
    I got a screen shot of the cake from that...it was so delicious!! And our cakey smooch!
  • My MIL made our wedding cake; she does cakes for a local bakery on the side. It was yellow cake with boston cream filling, which I never got to taste. The bottom layer was icing filled for stability, as well as our top cake. I was only served from the bottom layer at the wedding and waited a year to find out with disappointment the top was also icing filled.

She fought me tooth and nail on the design. I just wanted a plain cake with ribbon and flowers. She insisted a cake can't go without a design or trim work. So I ended up with polka dots and a pearl bead trim.
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • I love this post since our 1 yr anni is next month!! I haven't looked back at our pics since we ordered them. We had three different flavors- choc mocha, strawberry, and blackberry.
  • I wanna play!

imageimageimage
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We were married in Vegas but we live in Florida and only about 30 people made the trip for our wedding (frankly I was shocked that many people were willing to fly across the country for our wedding...we really only thought immediate family would attend) so we had a small cake but I still loved it!
  • We designed every layer to have a different design. Yellow cake with rum filling, carrot cake with cream cheese filling, and chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling...all covered in buttercream frosting.
    I'm drooling.

Married my best friend ~ May 31, 2008
    Adopted our furbaby Kona ~ January 17, 2010
    Trying to grow our family ~ June 2010

1st BFP 7.6.10 ~ EDD 3.15.11 ~ mmc 8.6.10 ~ d&c 8.11.10
    2nd BFP 11.4.10 ~ EDD 7.15.11 ~ HB 6w3d ~ No HB 7w ~ mmc 12.8.10 ~ d&c 12.9.10
    3rd BFP 7.12.11 ~ EDD 3.22.12 ~ HB 6w5d 124 bpm ~ Team Green ~ 
    SHE STUCK!
    4th BFP 6.20.13 ~ EDD 3.1.14 ~ HB 7w5d 153 bpm ~ A/S revealed due date possibly 2.23
    *~*~*~*EXPECT MIRACLES*~*~*~*
    Praying for peace in God's ultimate plan ~ "Be still and know that I am God." -Psalm 46:10

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • This thread makes me really excited for our real wedding next year. DH and I got married a few weeks ago Vegas style because our wedding fund became our IVF fund. Everyone looks so happy and beautiful (in the photos you are in) and the cakes look delish.

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • Here is ours. We did a layer of vanilla and two of chocolate. It was delicious.
  • Seeing these photos brings back such happy memories of that day! We had such a blast at our wedding. I'd do it all over again & just might one day.
  • KariB509KariB509 member
    edited January 2014

Who says a wedding cake needs to be white??  :)

Edit: Oh, I'll also mention it was a white cake with buttercream frosting.  Simple and tasty! 

Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• Now I wanna go to a wedding! I looved looking at all of these photos! My friend is getting married in October (soo can't wait)!

BFP #1 10/02/06, EDD 5/1/07 Natural Miscarriage 1 week after BFP

BFP #2 3/28/07, EDD 11/19/07 Natural Miscarriage 2 weeks after BFP

BFP #3 1/16/11, 1st U/S - 1/28/11 HR 132bpm, Missed Miscarriage- 2/28/11, D&C 3/8/11 

March 2011, diagnosed with MTHFR gene mutation

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap and tell them about You, but since I didn't get the chance, would You please hold them on Your lap and tell them about me?

BFP #4 6/26/13, EDD 3/8/14, Delivered @ 40w6d
    Bethany Elizabeth born on 3/14/14 @ 6:48am weighing almost 8lbs 1oz and measuring 20 1/2 inches.

• We had ours at a local boat ramp on the silver springs river. Ours was vanilla, rustic theme. Loved every bit of it! Dh practically shoved it all the way up my nose!

Julius Justin - 11/07/2002 - 10 lbs 22 in 
    Isabella Genavieve - 02/03/05 - 7 lbs 11 oz 22 in 
    Arianna Kaitlynn - 04/10/2013 - 4 lbs 15 oz 15 in

BFP 08/10/13 
    TWINS!!!! 09/01/13
    Miscarriage at 12 weeks lost baby B 
    Arianna diagnosed with an Ompalocele at 13 weeks
    Arianna our Angel on 04/10/13 
    BFP 07/20/13
    Our Rainbow due 03/18/14 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimageimage
  • Ours was simple. We were married in Maine on the coast. Our theme was beachy-casual and obviously my colors were royal blue and apple green.  The cake was delicious - lemon flavored cake with meringue buttercream (TOP), vanilla cake with raspberry meringue buttercream (MIDDLE), and vanilla cake with vanilla meringue buttercream.  It was so light and fluffy. I want some now!!

I also had a second wedding celebration in my hometown of Pittsburgh, PA.  Of course, we had another cake and this one was "for the groom."  You will see what I mean when you look at the pics. 

March 17 2014! 

• Here is our amazing wedding cake!! I absolutely love it! Great cakes everyone!!!
  • Our whole weddin was fall themed! I loved everything about it. A lot of it was cause we did it our selfs. My mom did the wedding cake an found the topper an bought it as a wedding gift. It was from etsy. An the wood tree base my husband cut it. He is an arborist so it was his way of contributing. I wish I could show u girls all of my pics cause I loved everything about it
  • edited January 2014
    Vanilla cake with butter cream frosting and Bailey's creamy frosting in-between the layers!  YUMMMMM
    oh, and those little things in the front are the toppers from my parents' and my grandparents' weddings!  
    image -love- image

• We had delicious mini cupcakes!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Megan5413Megan5413 member
    edited January 2014
    Can't wait to have another piece in May

ETA: sorry idk why pic isn't posting.
    BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • laurenann89laurenann89 member
    edited January 2014
    Fun! Our cake was more like a groom's cake, but I wanted fun and character at our wedding, so we went nontraditional. My husband kayaks, hence the homemade topper... The flavor was chocolate on chocolate since that's what I love! And yes, there are hand painted versions of our dogs on there also...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"