December 2013 Moms
Options

Feeling momish

I've always driven sporty cars, coupes, etc. but we finally bought an SUV now that we have LO. I do love it and am super thankful but a part of me misses that need for speed! Feeling extra mom-like now but someday I'll get back into something sporty. Anything making you feel extra momish (other than the obvious LO tasks)??
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Feeling momish

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I actually did something with my hair yesterday for the first time since LO arrived. He is almost 3 weeks old. Oh how priorities change!

• Options
    KFED103 said:

My uniform of black stretchy pants and hoodies

This is so me.

• Options
    I have felt the same since I got my Jetta. I had to get rid of my Volkswagen EOS (hard top convertible). I miss having a convertible so much. Especially living in Florida, it was great to put the top down most days.

LO is so worth the trade :) I'll jut have to wait till she's older to get back into something topless! ;)
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I actually did something with my hair yesterday for the first time since LO arrived. He is almost 3 weeks old. Oh how priorities change!

Hair fixing is so difficult these days so I rock the air dried waves almost every single day. My blow dryer is feeling lonely.

• Options
    Lack of showers, lol!

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP #1 - 07-15-12; Natural MC 07-18-12
    BFP #2 - 09-29-12; U/S showed baby stopped growing @ 5wks 4days - 10-30-12; D&C - 10-31-12
    BFP #3 - 04-10-13; Third time is a charm... Stick, baby, stick!!!
  • Options
    Hair fixing is so difficult these days so I rock the air dried waves almost every single day. My blow dryer is feeling lonely.

My LO loves the sound of the hair dryer she will lay contentedly or fall asleep while I use it. Maybe it's white noise like for her? My mom moment was when I noticed dried milk on her face and without even thinking I licked my finger and dabbed her face. I was instantly flabbergasted with myself.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    shortms6shortms6 member
    edited January 2014
    I felt like a mom with my first but now I REALLY do with 2 kids. It was almost like I was playing house with my first because I didn't know what I was doing. Much different this time around, in a good way.

• Options

I'm jealous that you have air dried waves! My hair turns into a 'fro if I air dry it so I have to pull it up.

• Options
    Blergh...the bump won't let me edit my previous post! I wanted to add that last night we went over to a friend's house and I brought a bottle of wine in the diaper bag. That made me feel momish in a really awesome way.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Nursing tops. They're so boxy on me and the only place they fit is the boob area.
  • Options

Constantly feeling my boobs before each feeding to see which side I'm supposed to feed LO from first. I've done it in front of family without realizing it already. Super embarrassing...

I'm so happy I'm not the only one that does this! I did in front of DF's grandpa the other day and didn't realize it until DF told me.
  • Options
    I love my Ford Explorer! Makes me feel super momish but it is awesome. I also have switched to wearing button down flannel plaid shirts almost exclusively. They are easy to open for feeding and spit up doesn't show up on plaid...basically I have become a lumberjack.
    Or Canadian ;) hehe
    BFP#1 9/28/2012 - EDD 6/3/2013 - MMC discovered 11/21/2012 @ 12w2d - D&C 11/24/2012
    BFP#2 4/4/2013 - Born at 37w3d on 11/26/13 via emergency c-section
    Loving our beautiful rainbow baby boy Archer!

~*All AL Welcome*~
  • Options
    I love my big Yukon, it has some balls. It's not like you're sporting a minivan. Sorry, minivan lovers, I just can't do it! I also have the mommy uniform, but I force myself to put jeans on when I leave the house(but that's not very often!).

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options

My blow dryer gets extra love. If it's going, he sits there all content. If I turn it off, then squirmy and fussy. So I just keep the blow dryer on the entire time I'm getting ready.

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• Options
    Realizing my shirt was inside out after arriving at my inlaws for dinner, and not caring enough to change it before FIL took 80 family pictures. At least I wasn't covered in spit up or poop.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    amberpro said:
    My blow dryer gets extra love. If it's going, he sits there all content. If I turn it off, then squirmy and fussy. So I just keep the blow dryer on the entire time I'm getting ready.

I do this with the shower, if he can hear the running water he just sits there in a trance :)
    BFP#1 9/28/2012 - EDD 6/3/2013 - MMC discovered 11/21/2012 @ 12w2d - D&C 11/24/2012
    BFP#2 4/4/2013 - Born at 37w3d on 11/26/13 via emergency c-section
    Loving our beautiful rainbow baby boy Archer!

~*All AL Welcome*~
  • Options
    Looking into the back of my Corolla with two car seats in it made me feel super mom-ish the other day. There is no more room! So, we're getting another vehicle this month. Also, making sure the shirt I put on is low enough to BF in. LOL. I also never think about getting anything for myself anymore. It's always baby clothes and baby toys ...even if they have more than enough of everything. DH is the same way though: He called me from Tractor Supply the other day talking about baby clothes and did I think this was cute. I was like, you went there to get gloves, they have more than enough clothes at this point, and why don't you just get something for yourself for once. He seemed sad that he settled for getting some gloves and jeans for himself and nothing for the kiddos for once. LOL

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #1 - DD conceived April 2012, born January 10, 2013 
    BFP #2 - DS conceived March 2013, born December 20, 2013
    Two babies, 11 months apart! We're in for a ride!
  • Options
    mine is when DH gets home from work, walks in and i'm topless on the couch.... PUMPING! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

amberpro said:

I do this with the shower, if he can hear the running water he just sits there in a trance :)

Oh I should try that! When we had LO's newborn pictures done the photographers had a blow dryer going the whole time, and pointed at him sometimes. He loved it!

• Options
    notthecheatnotthecheat member
    edited January 2014
    I laughed when all my friends got the mom chop, but I'm already seriously contemplating it. This is coming from a girl who has separation anxiety with her long hair. I can count on one hand the number of times I actually brushed it all out since giving birth (on 12/17).

ETA: ain't nobody got time fo dat!
  • Options
    I think I had my "moment" this morning, when I realized that with the help of DH yesterday it took only 2X as long to get out of the house with the baby... By myself since he had to leave earlier this morning it took me 3X longer than normal... Yup the days of leaving the house in 30 min showered are long gone haha
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Constantly feeling my boobs before each feeding to see which side I'm supposed to feed LO from first. I've done it in front of family without realizing it already. Super embarrassing...

Totally did this in front of my sister and she goes "uhh what did you just do?" "Checking to see which is fuller." "Really?" "Yep want to feel?" "Nope I do not"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"