March 2014 Moms

Breast Pump Advice (Aetna insurance)

I can't order until baby delivers, but it looks like my insurance (Aetna) covers 100% the Medela Advanced Personal Double Pump - https://www.sunmedmedical.com/products/breast-pumps/. To get the Medela Pump N Style (apparently the Advanced Personal Double Pump apparently has the same motor as the pump n style) it's $83 more, and to get the Medela Freestyle it's $150 more. Has anybody used the Freestyle and/or compared the Advanced Personal Double Pump to the Pump N Style? I want something that is easy and convenient to pump at work...

Re: Breast Pump Advice (Aetna insurance)

• I have Aetna and was able to get mine already and I got it from Sunmedmedical.  If you just fill out the one form and send it to them they'll send it to you within like 2 days.
    BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • I have Aetna as well and was able to order mine in November. I ordered through yummymummystore.com. I just filled out the online order and they verified my insurance and sent it to me within a couple weeks. Super easy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Which model did you guys order?
  • I got the Medela Double Breast pump....just emailed Aetna and they gave me a list of stores that had it and just emailed them.  A few did say I had to wait until 30 days before, but sunmed just sent it right away.
    BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • I just ordered mine yesterday from sunmedmedical too. I just filled out the online form. I upgraded to the Pump in style because that is what I had with DD. I haven't heard wonderful things about the Freestyle. I wanted to upgrade because I'm not a fan of the cooler being part of the bag like the Advanced that is fully covered. 

• I also have Aetna and could order mine right away. Haven't yet, but the rep said there was no waiting. Just call the supplier and they take care of the rest.

GREEN to PINK on 3.14.14 
  • Which model did you guys order?

I ended up going with the Ameda Purely Yours but could have gotten any Madela had I wanted
  • I have the advanced double pump, but I was getting an after market bag (nurse purse) because I didn't like the other ones much anyways

Lilypie First Birthday tickers   
  • I just called Sterling Medical and they said that pending verification, I should get it in 2 (!) business days. I got the Ameda one, and I used the Sterling Medical company because (compared to the other companies listed on Aetna's site,) they gave the option of getting not just the Ameda Purely Yours, but the entire "breast pump kit" which appears to have a bit more stuff than the other companies, which just had the option for the breast pump. (I think I could have done it online, but I wanted to talk to a real person in case they mentioned that I would have to pay extra or something for the entire kit.)
    imageimage
  • Thanks for the info!! I am still torn between upgrading to the Medela Freestyle because some of my co-workers have used it to pump 2-3 times a day in the office. I just really hope it's strong and quick enough and won't decrease my supply...
  • I have Aetna as well and was able to order mine in November. I ordered through yummymummystore.com. I just filled out the online order and they verified my insurance and sent it to me within a couple weeks. Super easy.
    This exactly.  Aetna insurance, ordered through Yummy Mummy.  When I ordered it though, back in September, they said they ship in order of due date.  I ended up getting it on Dec 23rd.  I got the Medela Advanced.  The only difference I see between mine and the ones sold in stores is that I have a different color bag (tan instead of black).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have Aetna as well. DS was born last January and getting my pump ordered was a huge pain. I definitely had to wait until after he was born and I don't think I received it until sometime in February. Better a pain than having to pay for one, though. I got the Medela Advanced and it worked great! I agree with @teaforthree, the only difference I noticed was the bag.
  • I also have Aetna, I was torn between Medela Advanced or PIS but at the end after reading reviews decided to go with Hygeia Enjoye from www.lucinacare.com.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"